Khabib is not Eddie Alvarez

damn this thread is gold lol

agreed, Eddie has multiple top wins in his career...
Lol at the bunch that denies this ^

Even today with that Poirier win thing is arguable

Nurmie's resume:
-McGregor
-Poirier
-Anjos
-Barboza
-Johnson
-Iaquinta
-Tibau
-Bagov

vs.

Eddie's resume:
-Anjos
-Gaethje
-Chandler
-Pettis
-Curran
-Hansen
-Aoki
-Melendez
-Kawajiri

Not surprised at the level of IGNORANCE within the MMA fanbase... they hear a few promo lines, watch some countdown shows, a few YouTube highlights, and all of a sudden they’re self proclaimed MMA “experts”.

View attachment 760646
I'll be the first to admit I was wrong about Khabib. He upped the ante and has been putting on some fantastic performances.

Also, I'm pretty sure you're self-isolating with a Reality Kings subscription and lotion because guys who get laid don't have the time to find this many posts to quote.

Only a fucking retard thinks Eddie has a better record than khabib

Losses count as well as fucking wins

Some fucking idiots on here

Alvarez is the former UFC Lightweight World Champion (with 0 title defences).

Nurmagomedov is the current UFC Lightweight World Champion (with 2 title defences).

It's too bad that they still haven't met yet. Even though anything is possible, Alvarez is in ONE Championship and Nurmagomedov is still in the UFC which means that Nurmagomedov vs. Alvarez might never happen.

I wonder who Poirier would say is more powerful (Nurmagomedov or Alvarez).

Alvarez is the former UFC Lightweight World Champion (with 0 title defences).

Nurmagomedov is the current UFC Lightweight World Champion (with 2 title defences).

It's too bad that they still haven't met yet. Even though anything is possible, Alvarez is in ONE Championship and Nurmagomedov is still in the UFC which means that Nurmagomedov vs. Alvarez might never happen.

I wonder who Poirier would say is more powerful (Nurmagomedov or Alvarez).

Dp would most likely say Khabib

It's pretty stupid. 5 top 10 wins and 0 losses is way better than 5 top 10 wins and 7 losses

Can someone bump more old threads Pre Conor-Khabib? This is gold

agreed, Eddie has multiple top wins in his career... and actually fights top competition.

RedUnfinishedFalcon-max-1mb.gif

Lol at the bunch that denies this ^

Even today with that Poirier win thing is arguable

Nurmie's resume:
-McGregor
-Poirier
-Anjos
-Barboza
-Johnson
-Iaquinta
-Tibau
-Bagov

vs.

Eddie's resume:
-Anjos
-Gaethje
-Chandler
-Pettis
-Curran
-Hansen
-Aoki
-Melendez
-Kawajiri

Im not gonna shit on Alvarez or deny he has some good wins, but if you are gonna compare "resumes" it should also include losses, of which Alvarez has 7 and khabib 0. Some of Alvarez's losses are to fighters that Khabib has beaten (mcgregor and poirer). Listing ones best wins without talking about losses is as pointless as talking about record without strength of competition.

Im not gonna shit on Alvarez or deny he has some good wins, but if you are gonna compare "resumes" it should also include losses, of which Alvarez has 7 and khabib 0. Some of Alvarez's losses are to fighters that Khabib has beaten (mcgregor and poirer). Listing ones best wins without talking about losses is as pointless as talking about record without strength of competition.
I put Khabib ahead of Eddie in LW rankings but amount of people who shit on Eddie (mainly Khabib fans) to indirectly discredit Conor is mind boggling. Eddie's career is one of the greatest at lightweight, ever.
Don't forget the fact that he has way more fights in deeper talent pools (Dream, Bellator, UFC) than Khabib (only UFC, aside from Bagov/Eldarov fights), and therefore, he's secured more high level wins too. Strength of competition matters I agree, that's definitely on Eddie's side. Think of all the losses he's avenged as well. Khabib's wins over Conor and Dustin drastically increase his resume tho.
I should've also put points behind each win just to make sure people can see at which point of their career Eddie beat those guys, so you can understand the value of his resume. It's top notch, despite some pieces of shite here are in complete denial.

Last edited:
It's pretty stupid. 5 top 10 wins and 0 losses is way better than 5 top 10 wins and 7 losses

100% man

Also the way khabib dominates his opponents

Only a fucking idiot would put Eddie on the same level

Some of these quotes are 3 years old. Take that into account.

Back