Khabib is modern day Fedor

He’s a submission fighter, guy. His striking sucked. Edson is more well rounded.
hmm..nah..ya went from "grappler" to "submission fighter" about him..

A wrassler is a grappler, a judoka´s one too, BJJ idem..

Grapplin´can have multiple forms.
I proved ya that Babalu is/was well versed into 2-3 forms of grapplin´: wrasslin´& Luta Livre, then BJJ.

Meanwhile, Babalu is from the Luta Livre Budokan lineage, with emphasis on MT. He was basically trained by... Marco Huas! & competed in MT b4 Vale Tudo.

he´s gonna come back & contest...

dc lol.gif

Last edited:
as far as fighting style goes, they are pretty different. Fedor holds his own in striking better than Khabib (although this is a function of who the opponents are), whereas with Khabib, you know he pretty much doesn't want to stand and is looking to clinch relentlessly.

Once on the ground though, they both have 'you stole my money' type GnP.

Khabib just doesn't have the dance partners yet. What made Fedor so great was having a Nogueira and a Cro Cop out there. What made Ali so great was having a Joe Frazier and a George Foreman out there. What made GSP so great was having a Matt Hughes and a BJ Penn out there. Sure, Conor McGregor is a nice win. Tony Ferguson would be a nice win. But is there any doubt to fans who follow the sport that Khabib would lose either of these fights? I think most of us knew Khabib would crush Conor. If/when the Tony Ferguson fight happens, Khabib will probably completely dominate that too. Now, I don't blame this on Khabib. He's a hell of a fighter. I just can't compare his win resume to that of an all time great just yet. Maybe if the GSP fight happens and he wins. Then we're talking lol! I'd like to compare Khabib to Roy Jones Jr. GREAT fighter, but dominated a time and a division where there was no one out there to truly challenge him

Khabib was never in danger like Fedor with The Monster slammed him like a sack of potatoes, Fujita rocked his world, Lindland cut him and he grabbed the ropes so he can reverse him and CC made his face into pizza papa jones plus he lost so many fights later and Pride was infested with roids peds read my lips steroids!!!!!!!!!!!

hmm..nah..ya went from "grappler" to "submission fighter" about him..

A wrassler is a grappler, a judoka´s one too, BJJ idem..

Grapplin´can have multiple forms.
I proved ya that Babalu is/was well versed into 2-3 forms of grapplin´: wrasslin´& Luta Livre, then BJJ.

Meanwhile, Babalu is from the Luta Livre Budokan lineage, with emphasis on MT. He was basically trained by... Marco Huas! & competed in MT b4 Vale Tudo.

he´s gonna come back & contest...

View attachment 641011
So he’s a grappler. A submission fighter, which can be one in the same as you just described.

And his striking sucked

K

fedor beat steroid fueled kevin randleman and coleman

khabib beat cocaine fueled conor mcgregor

He doesn’t throw bombs and ko people like the goat. Fedor fought guys much bigger than him but khabib dominates on the ground and undefeated . So different but same

I wanted to come in here and say blasphemy but after looking at their records it's closer than I would have thought.
Khabib is 27-0: KO-8, SUB-9 DEC-10
Fedor at 27 fights: KO-7, SUB-11, DEC-7
1-No contest, 1-loss by TKO

So purely on paper it seems close. Where the big difference is in competition levels.
By this time Fedor had won the Pride HW belt and defended twice. He also had already beat Nogueira x2, Mark Coleman x2, Cro Cop, Randelman, Fujita and some mid-tiers like Goodridge, Heath Herring, etc.

Khabib on the other hand has won the lightweight belt and defended once.
He has beat McGregor, RDA, Iaquinta, Barboza, Johnson and a crap ton of russian dudes noone has heard of.

Khabib has dominated everyone put in front of him so you cant complain too much about his competition. I'll admit it's a lot closer than I would have suspected.
IMO if he beats Ferguson in the same dominate fashion and defends his belt like 5 more times hes there for sure.
Hespect.

Remember when Fedor acted like a diva, made homeless people do push ups, picked fights with people, jumped out of the cage and wrestlefucked people?

...yeah, Khabib is a modern day Fedor. The only comparisons are they are Russian and dominant in their prime. Fedor was unlike anything we have ever seen and Khabib is as well.

He doesn’t throw bombs and ko people like the goat. Fedor fought guys much bigger than him but khabib dominates on the ground and undefeated . So different but same
At this point in there careers Khabib actually has more wins by KO/TKO than Fedor.

I love both but very little in common except long undefeated streak , Russian and Sambo plus Judo background. Fedor was vastly undersized, incredible KO power and excellent submissions. Khabib is so big for his weight class that his biggest challenge is making weight. His stand up is horrible and prefers the long grind to Fedor’s quick finish.

So he’s a grappler. A submission fighter, which can be one in the same as you just described.

And his striking sucked

K
damn, mate...ya´re really somethin´... what a stubborn fellow...lmao

Im tellin´´ya that, grapplin´-wise, he was versed in 3 different forms:

1/ Wrasslin´ [freestyle]
2/ Luta Livre (which remains a mistery 2 ya...)

then:
3/ BJJ

and.... ya´re still callin´him a pure submission fighter, a "BJJ Ace" (gasp...for a Luta Livre dude!)
And since ya dont know anythin´ about Luta Livre, ya dont even know what kind of submission arsenal he had ...

B ahan.gif

And no, his MT didnt suck, but indeed withouth watchin´ his fights...
Question: who gave Edson his BB in MT? And guess who was Babalu´s master in MT?

His boxing, jus´like Barbosa´s or other LWs from Khabib´s résumé, was nothin´special.

No ....... not yet anyway and I'm rooting for the now elite 155er in Diamond Dustin. It's his time which doesnt mean he wins but he remains fixture in upper tier luxury sweet of 155 hotel.

Fedor can do more than wrestle.

Khabib is a modern day Tito Ortiz. Strong, durable, imposing top game... not much else.

sherdoggers will say no, even though he is the closest fighter to fedor we have since a long time ...

Not even a Fedor fan but he was a chubby LHW hanging with HWs.

Khabibs a WW possibly even a MW killing himself cutting weight to beat up on LWs.

meh, not really.. very different fighting styles. i guess he's got the russian, religious, and undefeated thing going for him tho

Not even a Fedor fan but he was a chubby LHW hanging with HWs.

Khabibs a WW possibly even a MW killing himself cutting weight to beat up on LWs.
u think its possible he couldve even made mw if he tried? he's pretty hefty, but definitely had a lot of fat on him. at 6'0 and 234, he coulda dropped some weight to the mid 200s and cut to 185. im pretty sure there are plenty of mws bigger than him. maybe even some wws (although i could be crazy)

but then again, i dont think he would have been able to perform the same with that cut, and the very essence of fedor wouldnt be there.. he had a great advantage in speed at heavyweight.

Back