Khabib is in a favorable division

SpedDaddyV

GOAT
@Black
Reaction score
Khabob has never faced an NCAA division 1 champion, or any wrestler even for that matter

He is undefeated 27-0, but a majority of those wins are essentially untraceable and in Russia

The best wrestler he has faced is probably Al IaQuinta, the real estate agent who wrestled in high school

Once someone stops his takedowns, and it will happen, he will look like a fish out of water on the feet, kind of like Ronda Rousey

If he ever had to face guys like Woodley, Usman, Colby, GSP, etc he would he in for a really long night

If a fighter fights guys a lot bigger than him he has a good chance of losing. Shock.

Khabob has never faced an NCAA division 1 champion, or any wrestler even for that matter
If he ever had to face guys like Woodley, Usman, Colby, GSP, etc he would he in for a really long night

Usman didn't face any D1 wrestler till he mauled D1 Woodley, was he supposed to be in for a long night as well? this's gotta be one of the shittiest analysis that I've ever seen
He has never faced_ _ _ thus he's gonna lose <JagsKiddingMe>

since you're so high on those D1 wrestlers can you tell me why none of them is a champion?
ironically the division that's filled with D1 wrestlers has a D2 champion {<jordan}

Last edited:
It’s not just the size

He hasn’t faced anyone with their wrestling pedigree, or even close

I agree but It doesn't mean he wouldn't have success, we'll never know until he moves up or they move down.

Neither have fighters in a lot of divisions outside of WW. Neither have Holloway, Whittaker, Adesanya to name a few others.

Once someone stops his takedowns, and it will happen, he will look like a fish out of water on the feet
You do realize that's already happened, right? Roided up Tibau has the best TDD in LW history and defended all of Khabib's TDs.

Iaquinta is NOT the best wrestler Khabib has faced. This is a made-up narrative lol.

By far, Tibau is the best wrestler Khabib has faced and he's one of the greatest wrestlers in LW history, if not, the greatest.

If a fighter fights guys a lot bigger than him he has a good chance of losing. Shock.
His post is about wrestling ability, not weight classes. And thank fuck for that. Your topic is much less interesting.

tenor.gif

His post is about wrestling ability, not weight classes. And thank fuck for that. Your topic is much less interesting.

I didn't create a topic?

Also you can't talk about fighter A's wrestling ability being better than fighter B's wrestling ability and not mention size differences.

Cejudo is a more decorated wrestler than DC if we're talking about just wrestling abilty, size would obviously be a factor though if they had a wrestling match, come on it's not hard.

Part of the reason why he is killing himself to avoid WW where is infested with top tier wrestlers.

{<huh}

The title of this thread is literally "Khabib is in a favorable division"...
...because of the lack of wrestlers in it. TS isn't talking about size, he's talking about skills and styles. Read the content, don't just skim the thread title and fill in the blanks yourself.

...because of the lack of wrestlers in it. TS isn't talking about size, he's talking about skills and styles. Read the content, don't just skim the thread title and fill in the blanks yourself.

If it's only about skills and styles then Khabib is a better wrestler than guys like Woodley so it's even more redundant of an argument, thanks for clarifying.

I didn't create a topic?

Also you can't talk about fighter A's wrestling ability being better than fighter B's wrestling ability and not mention size differences.

Cejudo is a more decorated wrestler than DC if we're talking about just wrestling abilty, size would obviously be a factor though if they had a wrestling match, come on it's not hard.
You changed the subject from wrestling to weight classes. Respond to meaning, not words used to convey the meaning.

Size plays into a fighter's skills. And skills should be examined when looking at a matchup. But that's all irrelevant here, as TS isn't even doing that; he's simply saying Khabib hasn't fought any high level college wrestlers, which he hasn't.

Agreed, size would be a factor if DC and Cejudo fought. But only bring that point up if I claim otherwise. i.e. you don't see me saying "giraffes obviously have long necks, come on it's not hard" because you haven't commented on giraffe neck length.

If it's only about skills and styles then Khabib is a better wrestler than guys like Woodley so it's even more redundant of an argument, thanks for clarifying.
Khabib might be a better wrestler than guys like Woodley. I reckon he probably is. But you've strayed horrendously from TS's point; that Khabib hasn't proven he can implement his usual takedown-based gameplan against high level wrestlers in MMA. And he's right.

<{cruzshake}>
I think you're the one who needs to fill in the blanks. This is a thinly veiled hate thread.

If Woodley was the same size as Khabib he would get outclassed. He's almost certainly not a better wrestler than him lol.

Only Usman, Colby, and GSP are on the same level in terms of skill, and you cannot say for certain they would beat Khabib if they were the same size as him. How could you? They're not the same size, so it's meaningless to make comparisons like these.

Here's the thing... Khabib and Islam aren't the best wrestlers in the Caucasus but for good reason; that place is like ground zero for wrestling. Also both of them aren't training in pure-wrestling which is why he has a smooth transition to MMA. Also, how many fighters have faced a D1/All-American more than once or twice in every division? seems like a reach on your part here, man.

Last edited:
thinly veiled shit on Khabib post -again - nothing to see here

He is undefeated 27-0, but a majority of those wins are essentially untraceable and in Russia

The best wrestler he has faced is probably Al IaQuinta, the real estate agent who wrestled in high school

Once someone stops his takedowns, and it will happen, he will look like a fish out of water on the feet, kind of like Ronda Rousey

Al stopped his takedowns after the first round. Khabib did just find. He gave Conor a full round standing. Regardless of how his strokes actually look, he rarely gets hit even standing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back