Khabib is in a favorable division

Sambo credentials don't mean much because its not a global sport.

You can't call someone an 'elite wrestler' if they haven't entered and won in global competition. This isn't a good example to use to qualify that "Khabib beat a good wrestler."

Yes, a sambo guy, from his own school, when he had 1 fight experience.
So winning NCAA ain't shit either since it ain't global. Even less so than sambo which is international using your logic.

Yeah the much better examples are all the other college wrestlers he handled with ease.

Yes one pro fight and God knows how many matches in Sambo. It's like making your pro debut in boxing after a stellar amateur career. You're a step ahead of the pros

I'd love to see khabib against Woodley colby and usman but whilst he continues to make 155 he's under no obligation to fight these bigger fighters.

So winning NCAA ain't shit either since it ain't global. Even less so than sambo which is international using your logic.

No - I would never suggest that. I think it is fair to say you can't claim someone is an elite wrestler, with regards to how they perform MMA, unless one or both of the following is qualified:

1) they have world level credentials in wrestling

2) they have out grappled high quality, known opponents in MMA

Being credentialed in Sambo and having never competed against anyone of note in MMA doesn't qualify either of the above.

If you want a good example of #2, Georges St Pierre has zero experience in amateur wrestling outside of training, and he is one of the greatest MMA adapted wrestlers in the history of the sport.

Mighty Mouse is a high school wrestler who I would pick to competitively grapple in MMA with former collegiate wrestlers.

Of course, being an NCAA Division I athlete in of itself gives you an excellent base for MMA. That is why we see a disproportionate number of collegiate wrestlers in MMA.

wow. dumpster fire.

I get that khabib can make 155. and that's all well and good.

there is a reason he stays there. same reason masvidal is calling out the irish guy.

could he compete at 170, and be competitive? absolutely.

would he be stronger? have an even better gas tank? for sure.

could he gain a little weight through strength and conditioning. yup

would he then be the same size as the welterweights. yes he would.

would it be harder to fight non manlets? of course.

will he do that? no he will not.

as fighters grow older, making weight gets harder.

some move, up some retire.

Khabob has never faced an NCAA division 1 champion, or any wrestler even for that matter

He is undefeated 27-0, but a majority of those wins are essentially untraceable and in Russia

The best wrestler he has faced is probably Al IaQuinta, the real estate agent who wrestled in high school

Once someone stops his takedowns, and it will happen, he will look like a fish out of water on the feet, kind of like Ronda Rousey

If he ever had to face guys like Woodley, Usman, Colby, GSP, etc he would he in for a really long night

LW is arguably the deepest division in MMA. Kamal Shalorus, Abel Trijillo, Pat Healy, Michael Johnson and Al Iaquinta all come from wrestling backgrounds.

So... TS thinks that a less favourable division would be one dominated by less skilled grapplers?

Interesting theory.

The ronda comparisson is reaching lol, khabib is a decent pressure striker

Khabib the pull out merchant is affraid to fight at his natural weightclass unlike Conor 2.0 who fights anyone at anytime at anyweight and doesnt care about money which he has too much aldready but instead fights only for the fans and because he loves it unlike Khabib who has all these bizarre demands as if money is the only thing that matters in this world.

Back