News Khabib: I consider Gaethje as my next opponent

Conor has fought the best of the best his entire UFC run

How is that cherry pick?
Conor should have fought Gaethje, after he beat Cerrone. Then all this would make sense.
But no- Conor fought Cerrone instead for an easy win, and now Gaethje is stuck between Titleshot, rematch Porier or fighting below his rank.

ducking Conor
How can you duck someone that’s unworthy? That’s like saying Khabib’s ducking some guy on a couch somewhere that says he wants to fight him. I know what Connor has done blah blah blah, he’s not a worthy opponent right now period.

As far as I know Conor isn’t getting a title fight. Khabib himself is saying that Justin is next so there is no reason to complain.

I do want to say though that there have been fighters that have gotten even more undeserving title shots. Frankie got one after losing twice, Aldo is about to get one after losing his fight, and Stipe got one after sitting out for a year and complaining the whole time.
Then we have no problems here. My first reply to the other guy as he claimed Conor always fought the best of the best which is not true as I pointed out and I can see many other people point that out too. I just don't like Dana pushing for Conor vs khabib rematch specially how the first match unfolded, yeah that would be s huge fight every Conor fight is a huge fight.

Last edited:
I want this fight, Gaethje offers a bigger challenge than Ferguson does.

Now that Conor's much more impressive victory over Donald has occurred, we know who the real #1 contender is

How about he moves up to his natural weight to fight Colby, Usman, Woodley, karate boy, etc??? Dude misses weight and has to go to hospital because he cuts so much fucking weight…yet I rarely hear people bring this issue up? Yet everybody and their mother hate on Jones for not moving up to HW yet and Jon has never even had to go to the towel at weigh ins…hypocrisy much?!?!? Khabob will never be top 3 GOAT unless he fights WW.

Last edited:
Gaetje has never been in a bad fight. I’d love to see it
Gaetje vs anyone is a fun fight. I’d prefer conor vs gaetje but I’d take any of those fights.

it’s not a good idea to talk about what’s next after your fight coming up. Especially when you’re fighting Ferguson.
Khabib better give tony his full attention

He's probably right. Tony beats Khabib and wins the title. Conor fights Tony for said title. Khabib fight Gaethje. Makes sense.

How about he moves up to his natural weight to fight Colby, Usman, Woodley, karate boy, etc??? Dude misses weight and has to go to hospital because he cuts so much fucking weight…yet I rarely hear people bring this issue up? Yet everybody and their mother hate on Jones for not moving up yet and Jon has never even had to have a towel at weigh ins…hypocrisy much?!?!? Khabob will never be top 3 GOAT unless he fights WW.
He has to beat some top ranked fighters with top tier MMA wrestling to even be considered the #2 GOAT after GSP.

You are right that it was handpicked, but why is that a problem? It’s was a tuneup fight.

I also don’t hear people talking about how Justin got an easy fight when he beat Cowboy only 4 months before Conor did.

Cowboy was easier by the time he fought Conor because he was at 3 losses in a row by then and 3 fights (and fight camps) in only several months without letting his body and head recover.

Might sound like nitpicking but the bigger reason Gaethje is more deserving is because Conor already has his TS and lost without being competitive. A rematch just isnt interesting - same reason why Justin isnt ahead of Poirier even though he lost to him not long ago - because Poirier also had a recent uncompetitive loss to Khabib.

Justin is the only out of the 3 who hasnt yet had a recent TS

There's no one else tbh, unless Justin fights the winner of Hooker / Felder.

As a big gaethje fan, I find it crazy that he will likely sit out close to a year in his prime and get a title shot off of a 3 fight win streak over Vick, barboza, and cowboy. He should have been the one facing hooker this weekend to be honest.

Back