• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Khabib goes full "Dana was never my friend" with strong jabs at UFC over figther pay.

Why? Is the entire Sherdog forum dedicated to bitching about what people consider to be “fair enough” fighter pay every nauseating day, or are we here to discuss MMA happenings, fighters, fights, and other things normal fans discuss about a sport?

My Lord it’s disgusting that seemingly 75% of this message board seems to regurgitate the same thing every day about pay, as if anyone here can do the first thing about it.

I’d walk away and move on to Reddit, but I’m clearly too tall, too ripped, and too handsome for that.
Of course people are going to talk about the elephant in the room. What's weird is weirdos like you who pretend to not see the elephant.

leslie-nielsen-nothing-to-see-here.gif

Yeah, I'm sure Eagle FC is making enough money to pay fighters millions of dollars more than the UFC. Seems legit.

Khabib is now a scumbag promoter...of course he's going to target UFC pay, its the only thing he can criticize

He's a company man who appreciates company fighters. I don't see the problem.
By definition, they are not company men. They are independent contractors.
You've got all these fighters complaining about not getting titles shot, holding out, and acting like their own mini-corporations. Dana knows the bottom line and fighters who don't give him problems get rewarded..
He has fucked hard people that went really beyond any expectation to help the company in bad times. And had no problem in dealing with super problematic guys, even with the people that betrayed him or fucked him when he was down (BJ Penn, even Anderson).

They money he thinks can get from you in the future is his only guide. Aside for a couple of his buddies/charity cases (Chuck, Hughes, Fisher...)

Last edited:
Stop overreacting and making this into something else.
What he said is basically that as an ex fighter himself, he wants the next gen to be paid for all their work and struggle.
If the big leagues low-ball you there's always the option to be a bigger fish in places like EFC. I think it makes perfect sense.

Eagle FC should be renamed the CTE.

Rashad, Diego, Kharitonov even Spong...Young huns

LOL! If you win at Eagle FC you get to eat from a thrashcan behind Mc Donalds.

I know we like making the purple goof the scapegoat, and that is fun and all, but I've heard that since wme took over alot of this stuff is above his pay grade. Dana is the face of the UFC but the real shakers and movers are behind the scenes. Dana's education level is a bellhop boxerciser - clearly the nuances of the business are not going to fall on his shoulder. If anything, at press conferences, it is shocking how little he knows now - he used to know all the ins and outs, but now many fans know more than him.

Last edited:
I foresee a mass exodus of fighters going to eagle fc now, down the line if Francis signs with them it'll be the tipping stone.

They have to be careful. I don’t know how deep their pockets are but they can’t go overboard too quickly. There are going to be growing pains and they should budget conservatively. No reason to have big names loading up the undercard.

I know we like making the purple good the scapegoat, and thats fun and all, but I've heard that since wme took over alot of this stuff is above his pay grade. Dana is the face of the UFC but the real shakers and movers are behind the scenes. Dana's education level is a bellhop boxerciser - clearly the nuances of the business are not going to fall on his shoulder. If anything, at press conferences, it is shocking how little he knows now - he used to know all the ins and outs, but now many fans know more than him.

Certainly much has changed. Zuffa was so far in the black that while I’m sure they cared about the budget and profiting every year, they didn’t have the same pressure that comes with borrowing and paying interest on a ten-figure loan. Dana is talented but he’s not a finance guy, an accountant, a lawyer, etc. (or even a well-educated management guy).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RBG
Back