• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Khabib Easily Outgrappling Bellator LHW Champ Corey Anderson Today

To be fair Khabib's competition domination has been done by Jones as well if you compare title defences/ number of UFC fights.
Khabib had 13 UFC fights with 3 title defences during that time frame he lost a round to Conor/Justin and had one competitive bout when he was green vs Tibau
Jones at his 3 title defences had a competitive bout with Bonnar when he was green and only lost a round to Rashad (maybe Machida as well)

Jones run is just as dominant had he retired at the same amount of title defences as Khabib and that also evades the peds allegations since he didn't pop until the DC era. If we compare 13 UFC fights vs 13 UFC fights Jones also racked up dominant wins vs Vitor/Chael after his Rashad title defence while showing slight adversity as well (Trt Vitor armbar 1st round/toe snap)

Their argument basically breaks down to, if Khabib didn't retire, but instead continue his career and made many many more title defenses....it would have actually destroyed his career if he had any struggles during those extra wins.....which is absolutely ridiculous.

Definitely not.

Khabib has a history of cheating. One of the most glaring examples is his last fight before joining the UFC. His opponent was a regional journeyman with 20+ losses and Khabib still felt the need to cheat by grabbing the ropes to prevent a takedown. Khabib's cheating was so egregious that the referee finally took a point away.

bf3c7c2ea88b42ad97d0a222d54e7a6f-ezgif-com-optimize.gif

06d3017aebdb4eefb8068808559958dc-ezgif-com-optimize.gif

Here is another example. Khabib cheated by shamelessly grabbing Tibau's shorts to try to stop takedowns. Even with Khabib cheating, Tibau was still able to take him down.

undefined-Imgur-ezgif-com-cut.gif

Khabib also cheated repeatedly on the scale. He missed weight against Trujillo. He no-showed the weigh-ins with the interim belt on the line at UFC 209 against Tony Ferguson because he was overweight. Khabib eventually would only fight in Abu Dhabi without an athletic commission, so he could do sham weigh-ins.
got taken down twice when he was 19, sold argument there, who hasn't been taken down in UFC?

Because Tibau was a veteran of more UFC fights, Khabib should be allowed to cheat by grabbing his opponent's shorts?

I barely saw any shorts grab from that dogshit GIF. If you're really bothered and actually counting that one as an egregious foul, then McGregor should've straight-up been disqualified against Nurmagomedov and fined on top of that for the amount of fouls he was willing to commit.

That's barely anything.

Weighing more than your opponent is a significant advantage in grappling. It is why Abdulmanap pushed Khabib to do a death cut to lightweight in the UFC despite being a welterweight when he signed.

He was competing at welterweight outside because he was continuously taking short-notice fights to boost his record, so the UFC recognizes him and signs him. It was incredibly difficult for Dagestanis, or even Russians in general, to be signed to the UFC back in 2011-2012.

Many times Khabib was unable to get all the way down to 156 lbs and the death cut also made him more susceptible to injuries. All told, Khabib pulled out of fights 5 times in the UFC.

Yeah, he didn't compete those times, thus those fights are not part of his resume. It seems to me, more than anything, that he was consistently overtraining, which led to him being really good but injury-prone. I mean, if your point really is that he was injured all the time, that makes his wins even more impressive.

Over the last 7 years of his career, he only fought 8 times.

Wait. He consistently had cage rust and still won? Damn.

The McGregor fight was Khabib's last fight overseen by an athletic commission.

The Poirier fight was in Abu Dhabi without an athletic commission.

Yeah, but you posted this:

He no-showed the weigh-ins with the interim belt on the line at UFC 209 against Tony Ferguson because he was overweight. Khabib eventually would only fight in Abu Dhabi without an athletic commission, so he could do sham weigh-ins.

That means every single one since the 2017 scheduling of the Ferguson contest. You claimed that the Barboza, Iaquinta, and McGregor contests were in Abu Dhabi to feed into your low IQ narrative.

During the first few weeks of the pandemic, the UFC was working on finding a location for the Khabib vs Ferguson fight. At the time, Khabib was in California, same as Tony. Both were to wait for the UFC to announce where the fight would be. Khabib secretly hopped on a flight to the UAE without telling the UFC because he wanted the fight to take place in Abu Dhabi.

I mean, considering the fact that the UFC has a close relationship with Abu Dhabi, and the fact that they literally created "Fight Island" there shortly after for the UFC 251 event, it makes sense that they actually told him that they're doing that Ferguson contest in Abu Dhabi before they changed their mind when they found out Florida was allowing them, which is much closer to the original location of the event.

Bragging about a 7 second practice video is the latest shit in the world.

GSP is probably equal if not better as a grappler. Would absolutely besmerch Khabib in a fight or grappling.

"KhabIB oUterwrEssled dC" people are so dumb it should be illegal

Sounds like khabib wasn’t good enough to enter the ufc as young as jones, just like he wasn’t good enough to be a champion as young as jones.

Or that's because it was much easier to be signed to the American MMA promotion if you're American, rather than being Russian, especially if you're from Dagestan, back in 2011-2012.

I mean, Jones had so many teammates that are MMA veterans around him in America. Dagestan doesn't really have that. I'm sure you're unbiased enough to understand that, though.

Or as long.

Yeah, like I stated, unbiased enough that you don't have to bring up irrelevant points.

Definitely not.

Khabib has a history of cheating. One of the most glaring examples is his last fight before joining the UFC. His opponent was a regional journeyman with 20+ losses and Khabib still felt the need to cheat by grabbing the ropes to prevent a takedown. Khabib's cheating was so egregious that the referee finally took a point away.

bf3c7c2ea88b42ad97d0a222d54e7a6f-ezgif-com-optimize.gif

06d3017aebdb4eefb8068808559958dc-ezgif-com-optimize.gif

Here is another example. Khabib cheated by shamelessly grabbing Tibau's shorts to try to stop takedowns. Even with Khabib cheating, Tibau was still able to take him down.

undefined-Imgur-ezgif-com-cut.gif

Khabib also cheated repeatedly on the scale. He missed weight against Trujillo. He no-showed the weigh-ins with the interim belt on the line at UFC 209 against Tony Ferguson because he was overweight. Khabib eventually would only fight in Abu Dhabi without an athletic commission, so he could do sham weigh-ins.

Interesting
Now do one about Jon Jones.

Interesting
Now do one about Jon Jones.
We all know about jones and his exploits but Khabib seems to get a pass for his history of cheating. The Abu Dhabi scandals were well known because Khabib was having a lot of difficulties making weight at the time. There was evidence of cheating on the scales for him in Abu Dhabi and possibly multiple times. GSP as well had his greasing scandal where his corner put Vaseline on his body to cheat against Penns grappling. Who knows what else went on and how long these exploits were done before they got caught. He is and was not the only one cheating but he did have similar exploits. Thus you hear the quote that everyone was cheating.

With that said, I doubt there is anyone in this thread that does not think that Khabib was one of the greatest fighters to fight in the UFC.

Last edited:
Khabib is a phenomenal grappler no doubt but dominating is a massive stretch…in the clip Khabib loses mount and gets put back in half guard.

would really like to see him compete on a fight pass invitational, ADCC or something similar

Khabib is without a doubt the best wrestler/grappler in UFC history for me and it's not even close. I don't even have to watch the OP video. The most dominate UFC fighter of all time.
Jones makes him cry inside 1 round

View attachment 1045084

GSP, Jones, Silva and DJ have nearly double the amount of title defenses. Lets not inflate things now.
Triple. Khabib is the greatest what if story imo. What if he hadnt had all those injury issues before he got to the title picture. What if he had stuck around a couple more years. He potentially could have been an all time great with an untouchable record at lightweight. We will never know. I have him as the GOAT lightweight right now but Islam may very well surpass him. And he's nowhere as accomplished as the fighters you mentioned.

in the 7 second clip it showed khabib in a dominant position. that's all I saw. is he a better grappler than Corey Anderson? most likely, but only a retard would look at a 7 second clip and base his opinion off it. as a black belt myself, who's had thousands of mat hours, I (like everyone) have had many many many times where lesser talented people have had me in bad positions for 7 seconds at a time (and way longer of course). again, I'm guessing khabib would for sure get the better of Anderson in a grappling match, based off of what I know. buuuuut more to the point, if someone is basing their options solely off this 7 second clip, they really have no clue what's going on.

And yet Corey Anderson would beat the ever living piss out of khabib In a fight. If dude was so good, he wouldn't half kill himself making lw.
we don't know that Corey would beat khabib. I think it could go either way. if you ask people who are pro fighters who have trained with both, their answers might surprise you.

regarding weight? one could argue that most mma fighters try to compete at the lowest weight they can make and still compete well.

Back