Khabib(and Dustin) mentally broke Conor, not Floyd, not Nate.

If his post fight panic talk after Dustin isn’t a sign of a mentally broken man than I don’t know what is. Guy knows he can’t beat Dustin in a fight so he does the only thing he can do, talk about hurting him.

If his post fight panic talk after Dustin isn’t a sign of a mentally broken man than I don’t know what is. Guy knows he can’t beat Dustin in a fight so he does the only thing he can do, talk about hurting him.
Conor wouldve KOed him in the 2nd round without the fluke injury.

kSSe4a.gif

This fight was vivisection, but post tap was truly when Conor's soul got snatched.
The look of relief and dog-like panting when Herb physically separates Khabib.
The cowering under then behind Herb's legs, totally gassed, offering zero resistance.
No indication at all that he'd able to defend himself if Khabib got past Herb and attacked him.
The way he looked up at Khabib from the seated stance, then looks away in shame.
The look away is the clincher.
It was very much the reaction of a beta wolf who loses a fight to the pack leader, and skulks away to lick its wounds.
I remember watching this the night of and thinking Conor would never be the same again. I imagine a lot us did.

Conor looked different in Poirier 2 and 3 fights right before it started, it looked like he didn't want to be there,

In Khabib fight, you could see right before it started he is ready and wants it all, he is excited.

Conor always wanted to fight or knew he was going to fight Khabib, he predicted long before Khabib was going to win the title before his Jose Aldo fight.

Not only this, in 2016, they also robbed Khabib's title shot and made him wait for 2 years. Conor always knew it was going to happen.

In Poirier fights, he already beat the guy before, he was like ''what am I doing here''

Damn and it almost happened kind of.

205 wasn't far from being Eddie vs Khabib for the LW title then Conor would've made the jump. Crazy stuff

The Problem isn't that Conor is broken (mind, no -- body, yes)

the Problem is that he has not been broken of his fighting spirit -- and THAT fighting spirit without having a dominating fight game or healthy mechanics is what makes his meltdown a forgettable mess.

So, he'll be a menace to many, even though his dreams of conquering foes, territories, the planet -- have taken a hit...

Well, Conor is like 1-4 in his last 5 or something. Every loss breaks him a little more.

Nate put doubts into his head and humbled him
Khabib took his soul
Dustin delivered the coffin nail

Here's my take on it which is in large similar to yours.
Conor losing to Nate was devastating for sure but in about 6 months he got the rematch and won, close fight but he still won. So that loss didnt get the time to flourish and hurt his ego longer than 6 months. He won the rematch, avenged the loss and moved on.

Then comes Floyd. Its possible Conor really believed he would win but there was a build in excuse which in his defense is totally justifiable. This wasnt MMA it was boxing, a different sport where he faced the best boxer at that time. Plus the money he gained from it helped a ton. His ego wasnt hurt all that much and he was able to move on from it especially since he started to prepare himself for a comeback to his own sport/world. MMA.

Unfortunately for him he came back at a wrong time. He knew what Khabib was and imo all those excuses aside he trained like a beast for that bout. He was in his best shape both striking and grappling wise. Like he said at the presser he was at a ' War state of mind' 'Ruthless camp'
'As prepared as he can be for war and both a quick KO and 5 rounds battle'
However as we know Khabib was just too much. He Dropped him!
GNPd him almost finished him in the second.
Talked with him and made him so uncomfortable that he said
'This is all business'
Stood toe to toe with him in the third. Landed some great shots.And with all the cheating throughout the bout Khabib still tapped him out in the fourth.
Declined the rematch, made him work for it and that gave the necessary time for that loss to basically wreck Conor mentally.
Which among other things led to all shit he did outside the Octagon.

When he eventually got to Poirier he was distorted mentally wise and Poirier did what he does best. Overcame adversity and KOd him stiff.
Khabib started it for sure and did some major damage to him mentally wise by beating him but then not giving him the rematch really put the nail in the coffin. Dustin made sure the carcass was disposed off. And thats all she wrote.

Last edited:
He was already broken by the time he fought Khabib. The loss to Nate did it. He knew he didn’t really “win” the rematch. Certainly not in any emphatic manner. He got a very favourable matchup with Eddie, to boost his ego again. Then he got embarrassed by a retired boxer. By the time he fought Khabib there was only the husk of the guy he once was. He couldn’t even look khabib in the eye. Or have the balls to show up to the presser sober.

It was all there to see. All you had to do was open your eyes.

This. My thoughts exactly.

It wasn't Nate, Floyd, Khabib or Dustin, it was Conor.

After beating Eddie he spent two years barely training and going to house parties taking coke on a regular basis.

There's a reason why his striking isn't as effective anymore, he hasn't adapted to modern MMA because for the past 5 years he hasn't been training or competing on a regular basis.

I don't recall anybody saying Nate ruined Conor but I could be wrong. He won the lightweight title after the fights so it certainly didn't derail him. The Floyd fight wasn't that bad of a loss because he lost to one of the best boxers in history and made a lot of money - and I'm sure Conor knew that if he lost it would be much softer than losing to a lower tier boxer.

The Khabib loss completely wrecked his sanity along with his own inactivity.

Nate exposed his mental weakness

Floyd gave him brain damage (in exchange for his biggest payday)

Khabib took away is masculinity.

Dustin broke and took whatever bit of sanity he had left.

They all played their part.

In what reality what Conor ever whipping Dustin in the rematch? He narrowly edged the first round.
I'm saying in Conor's head. In conor's head he was beating them until he wasn't. Not that he actually beat their assess like that.

Um...wtf leads you to believe he's mentally broken? Did you see him ranting and raving and acting like he didn't even lose after the last Dustin fight. Conor is in his prime and is mentally bulletproof, borderline delusional.

Exposing mental weakness

Soul taking

WOW
It is really funny how so many people can have such a different view of reality.

Reading this thread, one may think Conor is just one lucky bum who was never any good and got lit up on the feet every second fight.

I would love to have a good chat with some of the dudes in "Change my Mind Crowder" style.
But for the most part this thread is about trolling..so whats the point here?
You think Conor is trash, got broken and raped by other men...fine. But why is it so important to convince everybody about that fairy tale?

Sherdog is perfect for quick informations and some fun stories about fighters, but sucks bad when u really wanna have a serious discussion.

faceoff.gif

(conor avoiding all eye contact)

It's safe to say. It's conclusive now. The speculation about when did Conor turn for the worst? It's with Khabib. Floyd fight making conor complacent because he made a lot of money is a myth.

There's something different about the losses Conor experienced against Nate, Floyd, and even Poirier rematch. Conor was okay with those losses. He was humble in defeat. Conor was whupping on nate, until he wasn't. Conor was whupping on floyd(not really, floyd let him get some offense to sell the fight) until he wasn't. Conor was whupping on Dustin in the rematch until he wasn't. He could convince himself something was off because of the success he found in those fights.

Conor never whupped on Khabib. Khabib beat him and was competitive with him in the stand up. To make matters worse, he was not getting a rematch and knew it which drove him insane. Not only that, but Khabib is directly and indirectly responsible for Conor's losses at LW. Khabib (knowing he was going to retire) stipulated Conor's path back to the title.

1. Must fight a contender
2. Must fight contender at 155.

These stipulations facilitated Conor's losses in the LW picture. The UFC couldn't have him fight Denis Siver to secure a title shot. Conor is annoyed that Dustin the hillybilly was able to best him twice.

tl;dr Khabib whipped conor's ass, conor knew he wasn't getting the win back and Khabib dictated the trajectory of Conor's LW career. Dustin having more wins over conor than any of his previous opponents drove conor over the edge.

So that settles it. No more theories about Floyd's money making him complacent or Nate being the reason. :D

iu

This is pure speculation, and far fetched. Fact is, nobody knows what made him change. We don't even know if his fight mentality has changed, what we do know is that he hasn't made any changes in training. That lack of change would negatively affect anyone.

This is pure speculation, and far fetched. Fact is, nobody knows what made him change. We don't even know if his fight mentality has changed, what we do know is that he hasn't made any changes in training. That lack of change would negatively affect anyone.
Correct it's speculation. Theory. I thought the last sentence would give away the tongue in cheek. I do believe it though. He rarely mentions Nate and Floyd. They're one notch above the Joe Duffy annoying losses for Conor

Back