Khabib(and Dustin) mentally broke Conor, not Floyd, not Nate.

Revisionist history. Conor literally "retired" so he wouldn't have to face Diaz at UFC 200, the biggest card of the year. He hid out in Iceland and refused to do any media.

He was shaken to his core and was never the same.

<mma4>

Good point.

What broke him was not training with the GOAT anymore.
5pc8905.jpg

Khabib took his soul.
Khabib was the first fighter that dictated his path.
Conrat went from 'I get every shot I want from the UFC' to 'I have to work my way up for a title shot'.

But the biggest mental blow Khabib gave Conrat is taking away the opportunity for more than 3 million ppv buys.
We all know how much Conrat loves money. That's the number 1 thing in his mind.
That made Conrat crazy.

Khabib predicted it. 'I want to change his face. With face I can change his mind.'

Nonsense. Nate was the first to beat him in the UFC and end his aura of invincibility. Conor was never the same after that loss. He was shaken to his core and it showed. He might have put on a good face after that but that loss to Nate was always in the back of his head from that point forward.

ult-bx.gif

9udnc2Q.gif
kSSe4a.gif

This fight was vivisection, but post tap was truly when Conor's soul got snatched.
The look of relief and dog-like panting when Herb physically separates Khabib.
The cowering under then behind Herb's legs, totally gassed, offering zero resistance.
No indication at all that he'd able to defend himself if Khabib got past Herb and attacked him.
The way he looked up at Khabib from the seated stance, then looks away in shame.
The look away is the clincher.
It was very much the reaction of a beta wolf who loses a fight to the pack leader, and skulks away to lick its wounds.
I remember watching this the night of and thinking Conor would never be the same again. I imagine a lot us did.
herb had is dick on his head haha

Back