Khabib(and Dustin) mentally broke Conor, not Floyd, not Nate.

We already knew this years ago, you only just figured it out now?

tenor.gif

I think Nate, Foyd, Khabib and Dustin all played a part. Conor was scared he couldn't beat Nate on such short notice, from what I hear, Floyd put his foot on the pedal in the 4th round and slowly poured it on all the while showing Conor he was in over his head in a completely different sport he had no business being in , Khabib which was easily the biggest blow to him, made him realize just how human he actually is, how he isn't the unstoppable force he thought he was and Dustin a man Conor beat years ago and had hoped it would be the same result reminded him of that fact. Twice.

Reactions: Gio
Nate and Floyd shattered him, Khabib broke him and Dustin dusted him

Conor lost in 30 seconds at the start of his carrer to Artemij Sitenkov, he was never invincible.

Khabib, Nate, Floyd and Poirier just ended his lie.

If anything “broke” Conor it was all the fame and money inflating his ego and making him totally delusional

A loooot of dumb takes in this thread lmao, you never see people have discussions like this about anyone other than Conor

You lot are obsessed.

Especially with wanting the athletes to have mental adverse impacts, or act like armchair psychologists knowing how they feel internally.

faceoff.gif

(conor avoiding all eye contact)

It's safe to say. It's conclusive now. The speculation about when did Conor turn for the worst? It's with Khabib.

There's something different about the losses Conor experienced against Nate, Floyd, and even Poirier rematch. Conor was okay with those losses. He was humble in defeat. Conor was whupping on nate, until he wasn't. Conor was whupping on floyd(not really, floyd let him get some offense to sell the fight) until he wasn't. Conor was whupping on Dustin in the rematch until he wasn't. He could convince himself something was off because of the success he found in those fights.

Conor never whupped on Khabib. Khabib beat him and was competitive with him in the stand up. To make matters worse, he was not getting a rematch and knew it which drove him insane. Not only that, but Khabib is directly and indirectly responsible for Conor's losses at LW. Khabib (knowing he was going to retire) stipulated Conor's path back to the title.

1. Must fight a contender
2. Must fight contender at 155.

These stipulations facilitated Conor's losses in the LW picture. The UFC couldn't have him fight Denis Siver to secure a title shot. Conor is annoyed that Dustin the hillybilly was able to best him twice.

tl;dr Khabib whipped conor's ass, conor knew he wasn't getting the win back and Khabib dictated the trajectory of Conor's LW career. Dustin having more wins over conor than any of his previous opponents drove conor over the edge.

iu

Nonsense. Nate was the first to beat him in the UFC and end his aura of invincibility. Conor was never the same after that loss. He was shaken to his core and it showed. He might have put on a good face after that but that loss to Nate was always in the back of his head from that point forward.

ult-bx.gif

9udnc2Q.gif
Had he not avenged that loss, maybe. But again, he was winning the fight and caught similar the way leon got caught.

He won after losing to Nate. 2 fights. I think he could contribute that to short notice, mistakes, etc. There's a difference between someone catching you and knowing the other guy is the better man, imo. Khabib and Dustin proved they were the better man. I don't think Nate ever proved that.

People think actually think an exhibition match that paid Conor tens of millions of dollars broke him?

<SelenaWow>
People think the money broke him. That he got rich and complacent. I think that's lazy analysis.

We already knew this years ago, you only just figured it out now?

tenor.gif
No, I'm saying we can put the argument to rest. We get so many hottakes from people saying Conor got rich, got lazy or nate was the one that did him in. We can say it was none of those things. It was Khabib. Not only for beating him but facilitating the next two losses.

Mcg knew since day one he didn't had a chance to beat Floyd, he was all for the money.

but with khabib and dustin, where it was mma he got beat up and drained of his soul by khabib.

Conor looked different in Poirier 2 and 3 fights right before it started, it looked like he didn't want to be there,

In Khabib fight, you could see right before it started he is ready and wants it all, he is excited.

Conor always wanted to fight or knew he was going to fight Khabib, he predicted long before Khabib was going to win the title before his Jose Aldo fight.

Not only this, in 2016, they also robbed Khabib's title shot and made him wait for 2 years. Conor always knew it was going to happen.

In Poirier fights, he already beat the guy before, he was like ''what am I doing here''

Yet his ass got beat by khabib. he knew he was going to faced him eventually, he didn't do shit.

I always chalked it up to insane amounts of cocaine. But yeah if I had to pick a fight that humbled McGregor it was the Khabib fight.

Part of it was the ass whooping, but part was also having all his bragadoccio and empty trash talk fail to make any dent. Khabib is a very mentally strong dude. Conor was shook.

Had he not avenged that loss, maybe. But again, he was winning the fight and caught similar the way leon got caught.

He won after losing to Nate. 2 fights. I think he could contribute that to short notice, mistakes, etc. There's a difference between someone catching you and knowing the other guy is the better man, imo. Khabib and Dustin proved they were the better man. I don't think Nate ever proved that.

People think the money broke him. That he got rich and complacent. I think that's lazy analysis.
Nate caught him? What fight did you watch. Nate drained his gas tank then out struck him in several flurries. He had Conor hurt after a barrage of punches and Conor panic wrestled (the first of many) got mounted for some g&p then gave up and rolled to his stomach begging for a choke. In what world is that “getting caught”??

Nate caught him? What fight did you watch. Nate drained his gas tank then out struck him in several flurries. He had Conor hurt after a barrage of punches and Conor panic wrestled (the first of many) got mounted for some g&p then gave up and rolled to his stomach begging for a choke. In what world is that “getting caught”??
He got caught from what I remember that caused Conor to do what he does when he gets hurt, panic wrestle and that got him submitted. He was hurt by one good shot if my memory serves me corectly.

Nate didn't beat Conor by draining his gas tank. The gas tank wasn't the reason he lost or shot for a takedown. He shot for a takedown because he was hurt.

He got caught from what I remember that caused Conor to do what he does when he gets hurt, panic wrestle and that got him submitted. He was hurt by one good shot if my memory serves me corectly.

Nate didn't beat Conor by draining his gas tank. The gas tank wasn't the reason he lost or shot for a takedown. He shot for a takedown because he was hurt.
Rewatch the fight. Conor was getting lit up on his feet. Nate had Conor wobbling for a while. There was no “one shot”. And Canor exhausted by that point as well. Was sucking air bad. I’m pretty sure you should go watch the fight on YouTube and I think you’d change your opinion about this “getting caught” business

Back