Khabib/Aldo/Diaz/Ferguson, what's going on?

Fuck you Astrokid, you hateful little man.
You too Frank Edgar.

Would watch Khabib versus Nate. Would prefer Khabib versus Tony or Conor if they're available though.

Wait an extra month so Max can actually have a camp for the biggest fight of his life.

That would be reasonable, however I just don't get where you are coming off spinning this back on Aldo.

Max called him out, Aldo accepted, Max backs out, so Aldo looks elsewhere. How is this Aldo's fault?

That's because Aldo has had months off. 208 is 7 weeks after Max's last fight. It's perfectly reasonable to push it out another month so Max and heal up and have a full camp.
But Max is the one that said he wants to fight Aldo at 208. So Max calls Aldo out for months calls him a pussy then Aldo says okay ill fight you then Max says its to soon. So this means Aldo doesnt want to fight max lol ?

Wtf. Tony doesn't want to fight Khabib. Khabib doesn't want to fight Aldo. Aldo wants to fight anyone. Now people are saying Nate is being offered a fight with Khabib.

This is crazy.
i don't think its so much khabib does not want to fight aldo as much as it is he thinks ferg is a better fighter and he wants to fight the best. aldo is looking new weight class and top fights now and if nate fights khabib that's just a waste of time khabib will kill him.

Fuck you Astrokid, you hateful little man.
You too Frank Edgar.

I am not being hateful. I have a lot of respect for what the new owners are doing, it's very clever.

They are playing all of these alpha males like a fiddle and using their own tough guy instincts against them.

They are showing that they are not going to cave and let all of these guys play the McGregor "pay me more" card. Instead they are gonna let these guys go to war against each other to get the lowest price possible.

Ferguson is terrible for him. You don't know what you are talking about. The size difference would be huge and Ferguson is no Nate when it comes to defending leg kicks. Ferguson just beat a bigger version of him in RDA.

He would wreck and the fight would be not even close.

Maybe I didn't write it clearly. For Khabib to fight for the interim, he needs an opponent. Out of all of the opponents for Khabib (Aldo/Tony/Diaz), I have it as Diaz then Tony then Aldo in terms of best matchups. I don't think this sounds unreasonable at all.
I would agree that for Tony, it would be easier for him to fight Aldo, then Diaz, then Khabib.

Do you think fighting Aldo would be easier than fighting Ferguson for Khabib? Elite Takedown defense, crisp technical boxing, and vicious leg kicks? That sounds like the worst possible match-up to me. If you think that the size difference between Aldo and Khabib would be a big factor in takedown defense, you might want to look at how Aldo defends takedowns. He mainly uses his speed and distance control, which would be a major disadvantage for Khabib. Michael Johnson used his speed to beat Khabib to the punch repeatedly, and Aldo is much faster with his hands. I don't think Khabib wants to fight Aldo, but if beating Diaz got him an interim title, he'd sign in a heartbeat. Therefore, he wants to fight Tony.

OK. He was dumb. He didn't realize it was only 7 week away. No reason March can't work for Aldo.

The UFC offered Aldo an interim LW fight vs Khabib after Max turned down.

Since that almost guarantees the McGregor rematch, and thats ultimately what Aldo wants, its a more beneficial fight for Aldo.

Why would Aldo do Max a favor and wait for him, when he could fight Khabib for a shot at Conor? Max disrespectfully called him out for a date then backtracked.

I don't see why Aldo would tell the UFC "nah I want to fight Max instead."

Max pulled out of the Feb fight, then UFC offered Aldo the Khabib fight at 209 instead. Aldo said "OK."

Thats all there's to it.

whats going on is anybody who can beat Conor needs to win a Death tournament to get that fight.

Maybe I didn't write it clearly. For Khabib to fight for the interim, he needs an opponent. Out of all of the opponents for Khabib (Aldo/Tony/Diaz), I have it as Diaz then Tony then Aldo in terms of best matchups. I don't think this sounds unreasonable at all.
I would agree that for Tony, it would be easier for him to fight Aldo, then Diaz, then Khabib.

Do you think fighting Aldo would be easier than fighting Ferguson for Khabib? Elite Takedown defense, crisp technical boxing, and vicious leg kicks? That sounds like the worst possible match-up to me. If you think that the size difference between Aldo and Khabib would be a big factor in takedown defense, you might want to look at how Aldo defends takedowns. He mainly uses his speed and distance control, which would be a major disadvantage for Khabib. Michael Johnson used his speed to beat Khabib to the punch repeatedly, and Aldo is much faster with his hands. I don't think Khabib wants to fight Aldo, but if beating Diaz got him an interim title, he'd sign in a heartbeat. Therefore, he wants to fight Tony.

I said that he would wreck Khabib, yes. It's his worst match up. Short dude with great TDD, who has good knees. Khabib wouldn't want to go for much TDs at all just because of that. He would try to get the clinch and do everything from there, and that's when I think he gets hit by a counter punch or something.

I am not being hateful. I have a lot of respect for what the new owners are doing, it's very clever.

They are playing all of these alpha males like a fiddle and using their own tough guy instincts against them.

They are showing that they are not going to cave and let all of these guys play the McGregor "pay me more" card. Instead they are gonna let these guys go to war against each other to get the lowest price possible.

Economically, this makes no sense.

In reality, what you are suggesting is that they're being "Jewed" down. That's a horrible stereotype to perpetuate.

Correction to your post. He does he just didn't realize 208 was only 7 week after he just fought.
Anyway it doesn't matter. Max has the interim title. If Aldo fights 145 again it is going to be against Max.

Unless you know he does something like turn down the fight he asked for. Holloway has only himself to blame for this situation.

I said that he would wreck Khabib, yes. It's his worst match up. Short dude with great TDD, who has good knees. Khabib wouldn't want to go for much TDs at all just because of that. He would try to get the clinch and do everything from there, and that's when I think he gets hit by a counter punch or something.
Ah, got it. We're on the same page.
Diaz is obviously the preferred matchup for Khabib, with Aldo being the worst. To be fair, Tony isn't really a good match-up for him either, but it's the legitimate one that would get him what he wants.

I think we all know what this situation calls for......A 4 man royal rumble, all in the cage at once. Last man standing gets to be 3 weight world interim champion and then they will swiftly be stripped and all will go back to normal.

Ferg'z ready.... the UFC just don't want to pay the man.

But yeah... pretty wild all the namez they're bringing up. Nate makes a lot of sense if he winz & sets up the trilogy. Terrible move though if he losez.

I wish the UFC would offer Nate and Ferguson 7 figures each to fight (Nate getting in the neighborhood of 2 mil with ppv points). Aldo vs Khabib or Khabib vs Ferguson are both great fights too, but Diaz vs Ferguson seems like it would be the most entertaining fight.

Economically, this makes no sense.

In reality, what you are suggesting is that they're being "Jewed" down. That's a horrible stereotype to perpetuate.

It makes perfect sense. They are all accusing each other of ducking, so to prove that they aren't cowards they will sign the fight ASAP.

Ferguson is gonna be the big loser in all this. He thinks his little win streak gives him leverage but one loss and he's gonna get buried. A lot of his fights (Barbosa, Vannata) are close and he gets rocked. Fighters like him never stay at the top a long time, he is like Robbie Lawler 2.0.

Ari Emanuel is actually jewish and he has great business acumen. That is what I meant.

It makes perfect sense. They are all accusing each other of ducking, so to prove that they aren't cowards they will sign the fight ASAP.

Ferguson is gonna be the big loser in all this. He thinks his little win streak gives him leverage but one loss and he's gonna get buried. A lot of his fights (Barbosa, Vannata) are close and he gets rocked. Fighters like him never stay at the top a long time, he is like Robbie Lawler 2.0.

Ari Emanuel is actually jewish and he has great business acumen. That is what I meant.

Yes he is both, but the idea that the two somehow go together is the problem. Maybe it was just because you followed Astrokid's post.

Anyway, shekels to suganiyot (look it up, it's almost Chanukah), Ari Emanuel has no idea who these people are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back