Naoya Inoue or Terence Crawford - Who's P4P the best right now?

Who's P4P the best right now?

• Total voters
This is sad time for boxing

the two guys duking it out are

A guy who has really on 1 name on his resume and that name was ruined by the car accident.

Another guy who won't fight anywhere that does not allow stacking his hand wraps.

I really don't think Crawford will be remembered particularly fondly once he retires and a few years have gone by. Guy just hasn't done enough.

I think he might be thought of higher than Ward & Calzaghe all off of the Spence win. If he unifies 154 i think it redeems his career. Or even a Canelo fight if that ever comes a long again

Answer to the thread is none of the above.

Usyk then Usyk clearly if he beats Fury.

I kind feel like that cartoonish knockdown should hurt The Monster some. But I'm biased as I probably do not follow the lighter weights enough to really give credit to some of the no names he has beaten. Those weights will always make it seem like he has no real competition.

Crawford continues to disappoint as a once a year fighter at best & against mostly unheralded and past prime opponents.

Both incredibly overrated with poor resumes. Inoue has the better resume, but Crawford has the better skill set. It's really unbelievable just how weak Crawford's resume is. His best wins are STILL Postol and Gamboa.

Another guy who won't fight anywhere that does not allow stacking his hand wraps.
you mean like in japan, where he knocked out fulton after not stacking his hand wraps? you know, when fulton and his team threw a temper tantrum over it and naoya obliged.

or you mean like vegas, where the "stacking" is allowed?

Inoue fights the best and dominates them.

Crawford could probably do the same, but he doesn’t, so that’s why he’s not #1.

A guy who has really on 1 name on his resume and that name was ruined by the car accident.

You mean not only one, but two car accidents...

crawford lacks the champion mentality. throughout his career, he’s never gone after the biggest challenges. he’s content on resting on his laurels. he always boasts about himself, and puts down other fighters. he’s been around forever, but just doesnt stand out in any way.

on the other hand, inoue was quoted by saying, he feels unsatisfied with his career. he wants to do more.

How is this even a question? Crawford has nothing on his resume, that Spence win means zilch to me, chin came pre-cracked.

Inoue, by contrast has had a damn near immaculate career steamrolling every legitimate test that’s come his way.

This is so stupid and petty that anyone even tries to talk shit now, and worse use Crawford as the counter argument. Just sad.

Got to give it to Crawford ..he is just technically so good.

Inoue is more physically gifted, and explosive but has some technical flaws that Bud just doesn't have.

So for me, p4p goes to Bud. He's not my favorite fighter...but a lot of that is because the dude doesn't fight enough...Inoue is the future though.

Not a diss on Inoue at all btw.

He will be the overwhelming A side against anyone in and around his weight class. He sells more tickets than any US fighter, he’s recognised as p4p no1 by most and has bought eyes and fans to the unfashionable lower divisions. He can fight where ever the fuck he wants

I think he might be thought of higher than Ward & Calzaghe all off of the Spence win. If he unifies 154 i think it redeems his career. Or even a Canelo fight if that ever comes a long again

Answer to the thread is none of the above.

Usyk then Usyk clearly if he beats Fury.

I kind feel like that cartoonish knockdown should hurt The Monster some. But I'm biased as I probably do not follow the lighter weights enough to really give credit to some of the no names he has beaten. Those weights will always make it seem like he has no real competition.

Crawford continues to disappoint as a once a year fighter at best & against mostly unheralded and past prime opponents.

I’m so flakey on this! I had usyk, then Changed to inoue after the Fulton fight, pivoted to Crawford as he was spectacular against spence a week later, now back to inoue again. Honestly, I’ll be claiming usyk if he wins next week

The difference with Crawford and the other 2 is he’s not taken the risks the others have. I think he is the most talented of the 3 but easily the most cautious.

in world title fights, inoue is 22-0 with 20KOs.
And he does it 3x a year vs the top dogs, while moving up in weight.

that is ridiculous.

(crawford fights once a year)

I’m so flakey on this! I had usyk, then Changed to inoue after the Fulton fight, pivoted to Crawford as he was spectacular against spence a week later, now back to inoue again. Honestly, I’ll be claiming usyk if he wins next week

The difference with Crawford and the other 2 is he’s not taken the risks the others have. I think he is the most talented of the 3 but easily the most cautious.
He also had a clear path to greatest of all time. He could of announced & signed to unify SMW right after the Spence rematch wasn't exercised. Then leveraged for a Canelo mega fight after he snatched some SMW belts. The Spence fight wasn't even a tough fight for him. He ran through Spence.

Instead he stays mum. Back to fighting barely once a year against unassuming opponents.
Like its crazy to think about. Frustrating as a fan.

Back