Keysone pipeline leaks over 350,000 gallons of oil

If they are admitting to 350,000 gallons it's very likely a lot more maybe in the millions. Scientists have warned since the beginning of the pipeline construction that little if any research was done on the transportation of the highly corrosive highly pressurized Canadian oil sand oil would have on the pipe. The builders of the pipeline made false claims about the safety of the delivery spending millions on internet advertising how they would hire 1,000's of workers who would inspect the pipeline and insure that things like this would never happen. Everyone knew this was BS they where not going to hire tons of people to inspect the pipeline. So as my man Nate would say I'm not surprised MFers. See above.

The pipeline is underground so it isn't possible to inspect it. They count on flow meters at intervals along the line to make sure the same amount of product passes each point and shut down the flow when the meters don't agree. It's also how they determine how much was spilled.

Try using less plastic if you actually care and stop driving around pointlessly
do you assume that everyone drives around in circles and throw away tons of plastic?

do you assume that everyone drives around in circles and throw away tons of plastic?

Probably not, but anti environmental folks don't usual have s good counter argumt and default to saying things like this

Ok. Good job buddy. Yes everything oil related must be fought against even if winning means nothing.
Try using less plastic if you actually care and stop driving around pointlessly
Yes, oil will always be needed. But when we’re putting our land and water at risk for oil we won’t see any benefits from, why are we doing it?
The only thing we get from this oil in the Keystone pipeline is the environmental disasters.

Nebraska farmer opposed to the Keystone pipeline checking in.

I know folks who work on pipelines for a living.

Whatever amount they're telling you spilled, take that amount ×50 and you'll be closer to the truth. They're almost never honest with the media about how much was spilled.

A few summers ago, a gasoline pipeline was leaking in my state. They told the papers that only 50-100 gallons leaked. When I asked my buddies working on that pipeline, they laughed and said at least 1,000 gallons leaked.

Probably not, but anti environmental folks don't usual have s good counter argumt and default to saying things like this

The argument is pretty clear, it doesnt benefits Americans much, so it shouldnt pollute America.

https://response.restoration.noaa.gov/about/media/who-pays-oil-spills.html

TL;DR: Federal agencies do the first responder stuff, cleaning up the spill then if the investigation finds the oil company at fault, they reimburse these agencies and also any damage they may have caused to the environment.

I did dirt work in the oil field. I was actually involved in a bunch of oil cleanups. When the oil companies have the politicians and regulators in their pocket shit doesn’t get cleaned up, numbers are unreported, and spills aren’t reported to the proper authorities.
I seen it with my own eyes and reported companies for trying to cover up spills.
What we allow oil companies to get away with in this country in mind blowing.

I did dirt work in the oil field. I was actually involved in a bunch of oil cleanups. When the oil companies have the politicians and regulators in their pocket shit doesn’t get cleaned up, numbers are unreported, and spills aren’t reported to the proper authorities.
I seen it with my own eyes and reported companies for trying to cover up spills.
What we allow oil companies to get away with in this country in mind blowing.
Well then that is certainly troubling since both you and Charlie Brown are claiming the same thing and I have no reason to not believe you guys.

I was just posting that because I understood your post to mean that it’s all at the taxpayers dime and that we don’t (technically) have a way to hold them accountable

That or idles their car pointlessly. I see that a lot. That and AC use that broderie addiction

i place the blame solely on trans CANada

Screen-shot-2016-08-24-at-12.51.41-PM.png

Unless it's KMI, then I'd stay away from it.

Pembina bought them not too long ago. Around the same time as the rumours they were going to pick up Inter Pipeline. The listing will disappear as per:

Shareholders of Kinder Morgan Canada will receive about 0.3068 shares of Pembina for each of their own shares, valuing Kinder Morgan Canada at C$15.12 per share based on Tuesday's close.

SZZXUGT33VD7LNXDXKYHHFLAOY

this in a province that has vowed to fight any pipeline across it tooth & nail

yeah, it's totally worth it to poison our land and water with foreign oil that gets sold overseas by companies that are making record profits while not being held responsible for the damage they cause.
giphy.gif
Your alternative solution would be what?

Back