Kevin Leverone: Only BB I admire...

BAS_FAN

Purple Belt
Reaction score
So i have a few BB video's on my computer like Ronnie Coleman and Jay Cutler and i even managed to get the Markus Ruhl vid somehow off bearshare (his GF or wife is a freak of nature!)
anyway, i managed to get Kevin Levrone's video and i gotta say, this guy (although a bodybuilder) has the same mentality as 99% of posters on this forum. Bascially his appraoch to working out is keep lifting more weight until you get to a weight to cant lift....then train to lift that weight. He calls bodybuilders that use cables sissy's and says that he bench presses 500lbs not to work his chest, but to see how many times he can freakin lift 500lbs...and if he can do it for more than 5, then he adds more weight! lol, I love this guy!

In his video he does 500x4 on the bench (all the way down and all the way up...none of that "half way up" reps like Coleman does) Then he goes onto incline and does 405x6x2.
If you can download the vid, i suggest you do cause its a good watch.

I remember a few years ago there was some vid of Kevin Levrone sprinting with the topranked sprinter in the world (dont remember who..), it was pretty crazy actually..

And yeah Colemans half reps are crap, but I like his light weights baby, good old chicken and 800 pound deadlift and his frontsquats. Those where freaky.

To be fair, that's pretty much how all (successful) BBs train.

It's just the magazines for that part of the iron game are so saturated with shite that it gets a reputation for cable curls galore etc.

nah, i have the Jay Cutler video and a few other guys and they believe that training "smart" as they call it is the only way to stay healthy so they dont really train with low reps. Granted does heavy weights but for a 280lbs guy, i would think he could lift more.....and even then, the heavy weight is with leg press or alot of smith machine.

1 feat that Levron does in the video it 100 rep (no break) kneeling rope crunches with 300lbs. Thats pretty insane. And the race was a 100m dash against the THEN 2nd fastest man in the world dwane chambers and for a 250lbs guy, Levrone kept up pretty good!

BAS_FAN said:
1 feat that Levron does in the video it 100 rep (no break) kneeling rope crunches with 300lbs. Thats pretty insane. And the race was a 100m dash against the THEN 2nd fastest man in the world dwane chambers and for a 250lbs guy, Levrone kept up pretty good!
Wow, I'm surprised he could keep up. The guy is a freak of nature. Well a roid freak of nature. Combined they make one big, bad, freaky bastard

i was looking throught that webpage....check out the ass on the one chick wearing the pants!
BOWZA!
bigrace10.jpg

krellik said:
I remember a few years ago there was some vid of Kevin Levrone sprinting with the topranked sprinter in the world (dont remember who..), it was pretty crazy actually..

And yeah Colemans half reps are crap, but I like his light weights baby, good old chicken and 800 pound deadlift and his frontsquats. Those where freaky.

Me and my friend kept lookin the "good old chicken"-scene over and over again and were lying on the ground in laughter.

graedy said:
Me and my friend kept lookin the "good old chicken"-scene over and over again and were lying on the ground in laughter.

Haha good times!:) With some distance to it I can understand why the other gymgoers looked a bit strange at us boys when we where going around yelling "light waights baabyy! light weights" and then that strange howling noice that coleman does.

rickdog said:
Wow, I'm surprised he could keep up.

the guy got pwn3d by over half a second in the 60... its good for someone his size, but he was in no way keeping up.

cockysprinter said:
the guy got pwn3d by over half a second in the 60... its good for someone his size, but he was in no way keeping up.

i think what he meant by "keeping up" was not getting completely fucking destroyed. most of the time you would expext a BB'er to still be in the blocks while the sprinter was crossing the line.

BAS_FAN said:
i was looking throught that webpage....check out the ass on the one chick wearing the pants!
BOWZA!
bigrace10.jpg

Whoooo............That is some nice booty right there.

cockysprinter said:

Looks at the film again.... Yep im fucking impressed by that big fucking ogre.

How about posting the vid?

Nevermind I just saw it and Kevin looks like he got smoked.

rEmY said:
i think what he meant by "keeping up" was not getting completely fucking destroyed. most of the time you would expext a BB'er to still be in the blocks while the sprinter was crossing the line.
Thank you Remy, that is exactly what I maant. for someone his size to be that fast is pretty damn good. I in know way tried to incunuate that he could beat the world class runner or that it was decided at the finish.

plus Lavrone plays in a metal band. He plays guitar and sings. Can't remember what they're called, but they played at the Arnold Classic a few years back. It was one of the years he wasn't in a competition, so he had time to tour with the band. I think they have a couple of CDs out.

rEmY said:

like i said, its very good for someone his size, i think he ran 7.18. hed probbaly run low 11s in the 100. thats very very impressive for someone who doesnt practice sprinting. but in your words, he was "completely fucking destroyed." i was amazed at how fast chambers is, ive never seen world class sprinters up close. seeing them on tv truly doesnt give them credit.

cockysprinter said:
like i said, its very good for someone his size, i think he ran 7.18. hed probbaly run low 11s in the 100. thats very very impressive for someone who doesnt practice sprinting. but in your words, he was "completely fucking destroyed." i was amazed at how fast chambers is, ive never seen world class sprinters up close. seeing them on tv truly doesnt give them credit.
Seriously, that dude needs to put wings on his feet. He was like a freaking bullet, I couldn't even see his arms.

Back