• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Kevin Lee: I found out through email

It always happens with arm-triangles for me, and I just found this paper that confirms what I thought

Bulldog Choke – 6.2 seconds

Arm Triangle – 7.2 seconds

D’Arce Choke – 8.6 seconds

Headlock – 8.8 seconds

Guillotine – 8.9 seconds

Rear Naked Choke – 8.9 seconds

North South Choke – 9.4 seconds

Anaconda Choke – 9.5 seconds

Triangle Choke – 9.5 seconds

Arm in Guillotine – 10.2 seconds

Von Flue Choke – 10.5 seconds

Source

Id even say these are averages...some guys can get you out of there sub 5 seconds...

Like a high elbow gulliotine ..

Ive had it happen to me in arm triangles too that one sneaks up...and a darce choke once

No fighter should be cut from the UFC as long as the guy with the smile gimmick is still fighting for the promotion.

UFCs department responsible for that part has been known to be below Bush League level. It's not even funny.
But again, US doesn't have any proper labour laws in place as far as I know so maybe is normal.

Last edited:
Slide for audio

Lee stated he was still very emotional about the whole thing and was choking up a bit during the interview. I feel for the man.

UFC..."hey its the Big leagues and its complicated and I wish him the best in other organizations.Maybe he will come back." Fans........"that sucks, I guess I'll support him, oh God these fights suck, Lee lost to him, oh well its all down hill now back to UFC." ..........Top UFC players...."keep the roster small and the profit big, fans don't matter cause we will hype who we want. Its our doing not the fighters or fans.".......Dana..."Crap, ok boss, this is not my decision but I agree and we thought it was time, ty, its the big leagues."

Triller imo. They have money to blow and are blowing it lol.

Triller will book him to box against Valuev or some crazy thing. He's a young guy that can still have a career in MMA. His biggest problems that he's too big for LW too small for WW and that he's got terrible cardio. In Bellator he can take EPO cut with IV rehydration. He'll be a totally different animal.

It always happens with arm-triangles for me, and I just found this paper that confirms what I thought

Bulldog Choke – 6.2 seconds

Arm Triangle – 7.2 seconds

D’Arce Choke – 8.6 seconds

Headlock – 8.8 seconds

Guillotine – 8.9 seconds

Rear Naked Choke – 8.9 seconds

North South Choke – 9.4 seconds

Anaconda Choke – 9.5 seconds

Triangle Choke – 9.5 seconds

Arm in Guillotine – 10.2 seconds

Von Flue Choke – 10.5 seconds

Source
if u have a good choke u can put somebody out wayyy quicker than that

This might be better for Lee thinking long term. The guy is still young and has a lot of expirience in the UFC he only fought killers. He could go on a win streak and come back. Lee is very talented and I'm not counting him out yet.

UFCs department responsible for that part has been known to be below Bush League level. It's not even funny.
But again, US doesn't have any proper labour laws in place as far as I know so maybe is normal.
I have heard more then one fighter say they heard about their release from the media before the UFC even told them

Triller imo. They have money to blow and are blowing it lol.
He wont make that much there and it sounds like 1-2 fights deal at best, his best bet are PFL or Bellator imo, legit MMA orgs and the potential to make decent money is there, Triller pays better, but they are not in the MMA business (yet).

Is Kevin Lee still living in Montréal and training with Tristar?
I think if he has the right attitude, he can easily get signed by another promotion.
He has all the tools, like GSP, he just needs the attitude.
He doesnt have all the tools. He simply doesnt. Comparing his skills to GSP is laughable

If he buys a treadmill (or a Concept-2 rower) and listens to Jordan Peterson's motivational talks while running (or someone else's if you don't like Peterson), he can still do great

i don't see this as bad for Kevin.
at one time the fighters all hated the lack of sponsorship in the ufc and Bellator was where the grass was greener. I don't see why he couldn't make a little noise over there.
on a side note, i don't remember exactly when he got that head tattoo but shit sure hasn't gone his way since he did.

Back