Media Kevin Lee declares himself the 'uncrowned champ'.

Hey man, that's perfectly fair really and you're right.
I just think that Lee has tools that are rare or very valuable at lightweight.
Great/very good wrestling and a reach of 77"/196cm (similar to JDS) at lightweight are traits that can be immensely helpful, if used in the right context and i'm sure his stand-up game will become better as well.
A bit of it already seemed improved against Gillespie.

Fair points, and there are a few exceptions to what I said like Anderson Silva, who really didn't put it all together and peak until his early 30s. I just don't think Lee has shown any of Silva's poise or intangibles yet. The Gillespie fight was impressive, but we still don't know much about Gillespie and it could very well be an "anyone with power has a puncher's chance" kind of outcome.

Lee vs. Gaethje would be an interesting and fun fight...and maybe tell us which one has the better future.

I am also the uncrowned champ at 155. I can't even make the weight, but I can still make the claim. Anyone can. Hey, we're all the uncrowned champs of 155.

Edson-Barboza-vs-Kevin-Lee-UFN-128-Highlight.gif
love him or hate him, this needs to a mandatory gif when he is discussed. best chicken leg dance the world has ever seen

He hasn't "lost to a man"? He lost to one man TWICE, not to mention the other guys who beat his ass.

Don't we have a pic for him on this forum??

There it is.

O'l boy walking around like Stannis.
<StannisFrown>

I didn't say a word about confidence.
He said a lot of very tasteless and insulting things to various fighters he fought, both before and after he lost.
He's a sore loser and shouldn't have too much confidence though because he will never be a championship caliber fighter.

just my opinion though.
I honestly didn’t know he talked shit post fight. He seems like a genuinely good dude outside of promoting fights.

I admire his confidence, something shitdoggers lack which is why stuff like this gets you nerds butthurt

Cant stand this guy. I respect his skills as a fighter but listen to his interviews. He cant even decide how he wants to portray himself. Constantly switching up how he talks and his attitude.

Wtf.. first this dude ran up in weight after his losses blaming weight cutting for his losses..

Goes up fights RDA who is basically a LW.. gets tapped and now runs back down to the division that was too small for him??

Dude you lost to AL.. Ferguson and RDA.. you ain't no king of the division.. you lose everytime u step up in competition

So that makes Al the crowned champ?

Or Donald

I'm so confused

I want to stay active and plus I feel like I’m the uncrowned champion anyway. I have to fight all these dudes anyway,” Lee said to BJPENN.com. “So, I may as well stay active, get some more experience out there. This will also be a tough fight [against Oliveira], he’s in the prime of his career but I like to fight.”

“I feel like all these dudes got their eye on me. I know for sure all of them got their eye on me including the guys considered top-five or close to a title shot and even Tony and Khabib,” Lee said. “They ain’t going to put my name in their mouth but they all know that I’m coming up. But, they all know that’s my title. They can continue to jockey for it but they all know eventually that’s my title and I’m coming after it. I haven’t really lost to a man at lightweight yet. I’ve lost some fights but I ain’t lost to a man yet.”

giphy.gif

Raging Al Lee 3 ? He needs a humbling again..

I'm not sure he'd finish cerrone

Back