Media Kevin Lee declares himself the 'uncrowned champ'.

The best LW after Conor, no doubt about that. Tristar Kevin Lee would absolutely ragdol khabib.
497825.jpg

No that would be Yves Edwards
Yeah when Yves was called that it was actually a legitimate claim. He was probably the best LW in the UFC at the time and there was no champion at the time. I don't know what Kevin is doing here. He just sounds silly

Oliveira is a nightmare matchup fore lee... Da Bronx has sharper striking than Lee and if Lee shoots for a takedown he doesnt have the jits defense to stay out of a submission.

Reality and rationality. Kevin is delusional.......his true friends should get him to some sort of therapy. Confidence is , obviously, a must in this sport but c'mon now. In hindsight, maybe him knocking out flat some unproven ( at least vs any upper tier fighters) wrestler , wasnt
the greatest result. I'm putting some money down on " do bronx".

So what does that make Al Iquinta who beat Lee and lost to Khabib..? You just can't declare yourself champ especially if you get whooped by a part-time real estate dealer...

Cuz he beat Gregor Gillespie whose biggest win as over?

After being tossed around and quitting against RDA who was already in serious decline.

I want to stay active and plus I feel like I’m the uncrowned champion anyway. I have to fight all these dudes anyway,” Lee said to BJPENN.com. “So, I may as well stay active, get some more experience out there. This will also be a tough fight [against Oliveira], he’s in the prime of his career but I like to fight.”

“I feel like all these dudes got their eye on me. I know for sure all of them got their eye on me including the guys considered top-five or close to a title shot and even Tony and Khabib,” Lee said. “They ain’t going to put my name in their mouth but they all know that I’m coming up. But, they all know that’s my title. They can continue to jockey for it but they all know eventually that’s my title and I’m coming after it. I haven’t really lost to a man at lightweight yet. I’ve lost some fights but I ain’t lost to a man yet.”

giphy.gif

Raging Al Lee 3 ? He needs a humbling again..

giphy.gif

The best response.

Always the same with Kevin Lee. He takes a fight, starts insulting that person badly (told Iaquinta he belongs on the prelims, wished damage to his career, even insulted T.Ferg before their fight) and loses. And then he can't take a loss. Insulted Tony after their fight, Iaquinta after their fight and even Leo Santos.

Just a douchebag.
I can't imagine what kind of people are fans of this dude. Nice headkick tho.

Honestly, people should have expected this. This is just textbook Lee every time he gets on a 1 fight winning streak.

Oliviera has been looking really good of late, though against not top opposition. But I think Lee should get past him. And he will probably look good in doing it. He is very talented.

The real test for Lee will come in a Fergie rematch, or Poirer or Gaethje. He should need to beat one of these guys to get a TS. And any of them should be able to put him in difficult moments where he is legitimately struggling. And this is where Lee has traditionally come up short.

Lee is a great front runner in fights. And he even does fine when a fight is more or less even. He looked good early on against Fergie, RDA, and Al. But as soon as he starts to really struggle in a fight, his resolve weakens considerably. I am not convinced that is something that can be fixed with a change of camps. That's a change that must come from within.

It's always hard to figure out if someone has changed on the inside. Particularly when all you learn of them is through media clips. But one would expect that a significant internal change might result in at least some visible external changes. Have not seen that in Lee just yet.

Last edited:
No, he had a title shot against Tony Ferguson and lost the fight, so no, he cant be.

I was a big fan of Humble Kevin Lee leading into the Gillespie fight, but I guess those days are gone. You can only hide the real you but for so long.

Yeah when Yves was called that it was actually a legitimate claim. He was probably the best LW in the UFC at the time and there was no champion at the time. I don't know what Kevin is doing here. He just sounds silly

I’m glad there’s people on this forum who knew what I was talking about

He's the champ of not saying anything bad about your mom.

Back