Media Kevin Lee changes tune on Khabib.

If he is on record saying he doesn't, then I have no reason to doubt him. I guess the question still stands, could he have influenced the process to expedite it? If so, I'd hope Madsen does and doesn't go the route of Gregor. At 35 that would be a real waste of potential.

As a guy with one UFC win over a can he doesn't have a lot of pull. Maybe he can trash talk his way into getting a quicker push, which Gillespie was unwilling to do. I'd still expect it to take at least a year and several fights at minimum. Even Conor took 6 fights before he fought Aldo.

I'd rather see Khabib retire than to see him start fighting guys who can't win a fight.

As a guy with one UFC win over a can he doesn't have a lot of pull. Maybe he can trash talk his way into getting a quicker push, which Gillespie was unwilling to do. I'd still expect it to take at least a year and several fights at minimum. Even Conor took 6 fights before he fought Aldo.
I do think his leverage is extremely poor. I think his only path to accelerating his trajectory is appealing to Dana by emphasizing his goals and his age. I don't know if that will work, but putting myself in Dana's shoes, I wouldn't see any downside financially by giving him a top 12 now. If he can't beat a Yancy today, he is never going to really bring in a meaningful amount of revenue. But if he can be a champ for a year or two, then there is money to be made off his name and brand.

His assesment is so wrong giving someone a 90 percent chance over a undefeated fighter is just crazy. I get how you can feel Tony is the favorite or even if its reversed theres no fight on that level with that percentage. Dont ever become a coach.

Lee wants to fight the best but struggles with top5 drop outs. Get a winning streak first dude. .. .. . . ...

"A lot of people want to see me against xy"

Who is he talking about?Never seen anybody in the last 6 months suggesting this fight

There's a long queue at LW, he should fight Gillespie to see if he belongs in the top 10. Sadly, the matchmakers will probably put him in contention right away.
Well well well

''A lot of people want to see me and Tony have the rematch''

Who?????
tenor.gif

Khabib ragdolls RDA, RDA out-wrestles Lee, Lee gave Ferg fits

It does when we're talking about the same discipline. MMAmath was coined only for people who disputed between strikers and grapplers and how styles make fights.

Khabib is a straight up better grappler than RDA just like RDA is Lee.

If you even attempt to contest that point you're wrong.

You have to take into account more than just discipline.

1-Khabib outgrappled RDA, not ragdolled (only one worthy throw, rest was hugging)

2-RDA fought Lee at 170 pounds. RDA was bigger, stronger, not depleted.
And he improved his wrestling by much, fighting wrestlers at 170.

3- Lee gives everyone fits during rnd 1 and 2, it's his style and wrestling level.
Khabib is a better overall grapple and has better cardio, but Lee is more explosive and has better
reactive double leg.

4-Lee controlled Ferg a little, but Ferg defended well, tired him with BJJ and striking and subbed him.
Granted, Khabib won't tire like Lee.
But Khabib is slower and won't explode into double, so it makes him more hittable and Ferg will
capitalize on that with his crazy output. That will make Khabib's entrance difficult.

It's MMA, you have to take into account everything, not just one dicipline.

As for MMAth:

Fedor < Hendo < Shields < Ellenburger

Miocic < Struve < Rosholt

Woodley < Rory < Condit < Woodley

Artem Lobov > Cain Velasquez
new-website-proves-mma-math-is-uselessand-hilarious-body-image-1464970765.jpg

Maybe Lee should win a fight or two before opening his yap about anything to do with top notch guys like Khabib or Tony.

how do you go from losing to RDA to thinking that anyone wants to see you vs Khabib. I like Lee's delusional confidence and constant positivity though, as a person he's great and I do hope that he wins his next few fights but the dude ain't touching a title shot for atleast a year and a half if he manages to go on a winning streak. I'd say take on a top 15 then call out Al for a rematch before thinking about fighting Khabib.
<puh-lease75>

Kevin Lee has the Tyron Woodly illness. They think they deserve top fighters and title fights at all times

Rofl.

Kevin Lee living in Dreamland I see.

Nobody wants to see the cure for insomnia sharing the cage with the #GOAT.

You can say a lot of shit about Lee, but when the fuck has he ever had a boring fight?

Dude's an aggressive top position grappler.

That said, he has no business talking about elite level opposition.

Back