Media Kevin Lee changes tune on Khabib.

Deadwing88

Lion of Panjshir.
@Silver
Reaction score
But after watching Nurmagomedov submit Dustin Poirier in the third round at UFC 242, Lee (17-5 MMA, 10-5 UFC) no longer believes Tony Ferguson is the one to dethrone the undefeated champ.

“I got to be honest: If you asked me before the Poirier fight, I would have been like Tony (Ferguson) is still like a 90 percent chance of winning,” Lee told MMA Junkie. “After seeing what Khabib did to Poirier, I think it’s going to be very hard for Tony to beat him.”

“After the Tony fight, there’s not many more competitors that people want to see fight him. That’s one of the big motivations for me to go down 155,” said Lee, whose last fight was a loss to Rafael dos Anjos at welterweight. “I think that a lot of people want to see me get in there with Khabib, and I want to see it too.”

Nurmagomedov’s UFC 242 victory was his second title defense in another near flawless performance. But Lee, who has been unimpressed with Nurmagomedov for most of his career, finally is giving him his due. The win over Poirier got his attention.

“I’m not going to lie: It was very, very impressive, and the people know I don’t get impressed very easily, especially with a guy like Khabib, but that one is very impressive,” Lee said. “One of those fights that got me up even, it made me step my game up. Literally, as soon as that fight was over, I got in my car and started driving to Montreal. I know what type of work I got to put in now.”

I’m taking it one step at a time, one opponent at a time,” Lee said. “Each opponent, especially at lightweight, it’s the most stacked division. It’s the most talent-rich division. So I’m taking each opponent as serious, but my eye is definitely on Khabib. …

“Whoever wins that fight, I’m definitely gunning for them. A lot of people want to see me and Tony (Ferguson) have the rematch, and I think me and Khabib is a great fight for the future.”

Bw-1FbwIgAA8RbX.jpg

Lee wants to fight the best but struggles with top5 drop outs. Get a winning streak first dude. .. .. . . ...

I like his mindset... but don't think he has a chance at either...

Doesn't this dude have a gate to keep somewhere?

There's a long queue at LW, he should fight Gillespie to see if he belongs in the top 10. Sadly, the matchmakers will probably put him in contention right away.

There's a long queue at LW, he should fight Gillespie to see if he belongs in the top 10. Sadly, the matchmakers will probably put him in contention right away.
He should fight Makachaev..

Nice that Lee is back to LW, there's a lot of nice match ups for him, but for now he should fight someone out of the top 10.

But after watching Nurmagomedov submit Dustin Poirier in the third round at UFC 242, Lee (17-5 MMA, 10-5 UFC) no longer believes Tony Ferguson is the one to dethrone the undefeated champ.

“I got to be honest: If you asked me before the Poirier fight, I would have been like Tony (Ferguson) is still like a 90 percent chance of winning,” Lee told MMA Junkie. “After seeing what Khabib did to Poirier, I think it’s going to be very hard for Tony to beat him.”

“After the Tony fight, there’s not many more competitors that people want to see fight him. That’s one of the big motivations for me to go down 155,” said Lee, whose last fight was a loss to Rafael dos Anjos at welterweight. “I think that a lot of people want to see me get in there with Khabib, and I want to see it too.”

Nurmagomedov’s UFC 242 victory was his second title defense in another near flawless performance. But Lee, who has been unimpressed with Nurmagomedov for most of his career, finally is giving him his due. The win over Poirier got his attention.

“I’m not going to lie: It was very, very impressive, and the people know I don’t get impressed very easily, especially with a guy like Khabib, but that one is very impressive,” Lee said. “One of those fights that got me up even, it made me step my game up. Literally, as soon as that fight was over, I got in my car and started driving to Montreal. I know what type of work I got to put in now.”

I’m taking it one step at a time, one opponent at a time,” Lee said. “Each opponent, especially at lightweight, it’s the most stacked division. It’s the most talent-rich division. So I’m taking each opponent as serious, but my eye is definitely on Khabib. …

“Whoever wins that fight, I’m definitely gunning for them. A lot of people want to see me and Tony (Ferguson) have the rematch, and I think me and Khabib is a great fight for the future.”

Bw-1FbwIgAA8RbX.jpg

also kevin lee knows he never get into a spot to fight khabib so it doesnt matter any more.

Unless he comes out as a completely different fighter after working Firas there is no way he beats Khabib

He will likely get submitted by Islam.. however if he does win, it's a surefire way of gaining Khabib's attention.
I had totally forgotten about him. And they have some history to make it compelling.

''A lot of people want to see me and Tony have the rematch''

Who?????

Rofl.

Kevin Lee living in Dreamland I see.

Nobody wants to see the cure for insomnia sharing the cage with the #GOAT.

He needs to fight Gregor Gillespie to determine the best wrestler to challenge Khabib.

Tony won't fight Khabib. Bleed gods won't allow it.

I thought it was interesting but after watching that RDA fight there is no way in hell. We'll see if Faras can fix his horrible fight IQ but that doesn't usually happen. Perry seemed to just need a better gameplan but you can't fix stupid. Watching Lee go for shot after shot until he gassed the the point where he shot and got shucked into a stumble was embarrassing.

Back