Kevin Holland just can't stop shooting himself in the foot

yeah i was surprised at that too. could have stole the rounds with long-term top control, could have tired him out, etc. agree with the others, low fight IQ in general.

He's only 30 years old though. I really hope he focuses on winning instead of getting extra fan support and makes the most out of what should be his prime.
Sounds like that other Kevin (Lee)....and what we kept hearing about Erick Silva until he was about 34 and it turned into a huge joke/meme.

Kevin's in it to entertain. They put on a hell of a fun fight, and it's something I appreciate from time to time.

The dude can't stop a takedown to save his life and he's a frail physically weak guy at 170 or 185lbs avoiding decent grapplers won't save him from being exposed. If you can't beat Brunson when Brunson 40...well the guy has no contender or perennial top 10 potential in either division. There's too many hard fights for him to cherry pick his way through. He doesn't actually have a enough star power to just be fed "fun fights" either, this Thompson fight was probably the biggest bone he will get thrown of his career.
You're not wrong.. but Dana likes Kevin so he may throw him some more bones.

That fight was great. Wonderboy is alot of fun to watch when he's flinging those karate kicks around!

Would've been interesting if Holland didn't break his hand because he definitely could've shut the lights out quickly if he had landed, but a guy can only take so many kicks to the backside of the hand.

Kevin Holland is a capable fighter, he seems like a cool dude, and he has proven to be pretty darn tough.

It's not that Holland lacks intelligence; he is very quick-witted.

What Holland lacks is intensity.

Most truly great fighters (whether they be stoic out of the ring, or playful out of the ring) — are deadly serious in the ring.

Kevin Holland is too lackadaisical in his thinking, in his approach, and how he fights, etc.

His lanky build gives him certain advantages, but his limp, nonchalant basic mindset is his greatest impediment.

Holland simply does not view himself as a Champion, nor does he carry himself as a Champion.

He doesn't have Champion-level poise, focus, or intensity,

Holland will always be "just a cool dude," who's a talented fighter, lacking kjiller focus.
Spot on

Not sure what was worse, his fight IQ or his haircut.

Yeah, I bet he was regretting not grappling when it started not going his way. That said, I was very entertained from start to finish, I hope the dude at least gets a nice bonus for this performance.
Honestly bonuses are nothing to Holland now. He has top 8 if not top 5 contracts in the sport after the whole Khamzat debacle.

I for one admire Holland’s approach to fighting. He’s become a fan favorite in short time due to it, and as we’ve seen, fan favorites generally have lengthy careers in the UFC.

Back