Kevin Gastelum has one win in the last 6 years against a non-retiree fighter.

SpedDaddyV

GOAT
@Black
Reaction score
And even that one sole win is a split decision against 57 year old Jacare.

And even then his record prior to 6 years consists of victories via split decisions or against retirees.

Are we overrating Gastelum much?

He lost to Weidman a few years ago, and who does Weidman ever beat anymore?

And I don’t think highly of Israel either. Just last year he was struggling hard against Marvin Vettori. Who the fook is that guy?

Is this the lowest level of competition for a title fight we have had in some time?

Yes. He's overrated.

His best highlight is a ko of Bisping 2 weeks after being destroyed by the GOAT

So there isn't a single fighter with a legit record in the UFC. All are overrated.

And even then his record prior to 6 years consists of victories via split decisions or against retirees.

And I don’t think highly of Israel either. Just last year he was struggling hard against Marvin Vettori. Who the fook is that guy?

Is this the lowest level of competition for a title fight we have had in some time?
I'm just glad I dropped in before going to bed. I had no idea Jacare is 57. amazing.

I do agree that these guys are FAR from being the best MWs. Bispings cowardice ruined the once great MW at its heyday.

Contenders like Romero, Jac, Whit, Weidman, Rockhold, etc took each other out (Moose left the UFC altogether) while Bisping opted to fight 50 year old Hendo and Retiree GSP in order to avoid REAL contenders.

However Kelvin did retire that British Duck, and that alone is title shot worthy imo.

MinorImpoliteHuemul-size_restricted.gif

He lost that Jacare fight.

Judges gave it to him on body language. He was getting his ass beat in there.

Joe Soto fam, granted it was a day of-replacement

Yes. He's overrated.

His best highlight is a ko of Bisping 2 weeks after being destroyed by the GOAT

I'd disagree. The Tim Kennedy KO and the Jacare win were extremely impressive. Dude fought and probably beat Tyron Woodley at like 24 years old. Beat Uriah Hall who EASILY the scariest TUF competitor we've ever seen. This kid isn't overrated at all he's still evolving every fight he's only 27 right now. I'd bet he'd beat Weidman in a rematch too. If he didn't lose that fight then he is still "overrated" ?

they're both phenomenal middleweights at the peak of their careers. Just sit back and enjoy it.

Regardless of who wins, which I believe it will not be Kelvin, Whittaker is next level fighter neither those noobs ready for a Yoel Slayer!

So there isn't a single fighter with a legit record in the UFC. All are overrated.
A great fighter can still be overrated.

'Overrated' does not equal 'bad' or 'not good'

If someone thought GSP could beat Jon Jones they would be overrating him

I think Khabib is overrated, I obviously don't think he's not a great fighter

He's gonna smash on Israel, so there's that.

I don't know if he's overrated, but I do agree that he has beaten a lot of fighters that were knocking on retirement's door. He still has some proving to do, but Adesanya is even less proven.

I do agree that these guys are FAR from being the best MWs. Bispings cowardice ruined the once great MW at its heyday.

Contenders like Romero, Jac, Whit, Weidman, Rockhold, etc took each other out (Moose left the UFC altogether) while Bisping opted to fight 50 year old Hendo and Retiree GSP in order to avoid REAL contenders.

However Kelvin did retire that British Duck, and that alone is title shot worthy imo.

MinorImpoliteHuemul-size_restricted.gif
D3jsR6xW0AENLrA.jpg

He lost that Jacare fight.

Judges gave it to him on body language. He was getting his ass beat in there.
Actually he outlanded Jacare in round 3. And round 2 was even but Jacare got dropped.

"Getting his ass beat" is a helluva stretch. Could've gone either way but Kelvin won by the numbers.

Back