Keosawa's Powerlifting Log

Stuff from this week:

Paused Bench: 225x10x5

Squat: 280x10x5

Notes: I'm currently working on modifying my technique and fixing my mistakes on all three lifts. Squat needs the most work; my technique on bench I think is pretty solid, but I'm going to train a slightly narrower grip to see if I can develop it further. Benching felt solid, and squatting was comfortable, but definitely a departure from what I'm accustomed to. I've widened my stance to about shoulder width, and I'm using Oly shoes to stay more upright. It looks more "normal" now, but I need to keep developing good positioning. It will probably be a long process of getting things figured out, but I'm excited to take the first step and do what I need to do in order to build my total.

Solid stuff. Coming in he always motivates me.

Respawn, OP.

Paused Bench Press
227x17 (grip was too wide!)
227x18
254x10
w/ closer grip
221x10
227x10
227x10

Notes: Bench felt thick, solid, and tight. It's the one thing that has continued to feel really good post-meet. That's probably because I've kept up the exertion but really limited the volume, and perhaps the closer grip stuff will actually make me stronger. I went wild with my diet this weekend, so I figured that would help. Training isn't really too structured right now: the focus is just on keeping things light, getting the proscribed volume in, and making sure the bulk of the work is with a closer grip.

Looking forward to seeing your bench progress. Getting way up there.

Bench felt thick, solid, and tight.

black-kid-oh-snap.gif

Saw your Facebook post today and was surprised. Then I saw the date. Ha! I think we'll be seeing you here again, even if after a modest break.

Back