Ken Shamrock on UFC uniforms: "The fighters are going to get zero"

Man, he's a moron. And like a lot of you sherdoggers, he doesn't realize that this will be a big step in UPPING fighter pay.

I could give a rats ass about fighter pay, but......Is that you Dana?

Ken has a point, the fighters will be getting screwed.. Greedy UFC!

Ken has a history of lying, cheating, has absolutely no inside info, is in debt to Zuffa, therefore has insentive to bash them... But he is saying what I'm predisposed to believe with no evidence so I agree.

A. Why on EARTH would the UFC give a cut of the sponsorship money to smaller-named fighters? Literally everything about fighter pay is dictated by demand/profitability calculus. What makes you think the UFC would adopt some Commie redistribution scheme? Goodness of Dana's heart?

B. The sponsorship deals will all be outside the cage. For a low-profile fighter with no name/face recognition outside of the cage, this effectively limits all lucrative sponsorship opportunities until the fighter becomes famous, which may be years, but probably never. Meanwhile, the UFC will make millions.

C. The UFC has every legal right to require its competitors to wear uniforms, and to control advertising space on those uniforms, and to collect revenue for that advertising space. Is it right? That's another story. Personally, I think it's downright evil considering most fighters make less than full-time baristas.

A. Because they know it's a sensitive subject. These athletes do more to their bodies yet get paid scraps compared to those in other sports. I'm sure they could set something significant up. If Nike/whoever could pay each fighter something like 25,000 (that's a rough number, since I don't know what the actual numbers would/could be) per year or per fight, even, that would be significant. It would make the UFC look better in the publics eye, and it would get Nike/whoever even more exposure in another niche sport.

B. No they would not. The uniforms that are being talked about would have specific areas for other sponsers to plaster their logo on. I'm sure good ol' condom depot will still pay for spots on smaller fighters shorts and banner.

C. Your absolutely right, that is another story for a completely different conversation altogether. Why you brought it up, I don't know.

I could give a rats ass about fighter pay, but......Is that you Dana?

GCvr5dC.gif

Very original. Did you get the idea for that zinger right off of post 12?

And Dana is more credible? Give me a break.

Shamrock is right on this though (even though he can be a head case)

Good for Shamrock for speaking the truth.
Dana is way more credible than Shamrock. Dana actually has info related to the situation. Ken has 0 info and has 0 insight. You just happen to agree with his uniformed opinion because you are equally uniformed.

Back