Ken Shamrock on UFC uniforms: "The fighters are going to get zero"

wowspare

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/5/19/5730364/ufc-shamrock-no-fighter-benefit-from-ufc-uniforms-

Ken Shamrock is not a fan of the rumoured UFC fighter uniforms and what is means for their sponsorship earnings.

The former UFC competitor has had plenty to say regarding the issues with fighter pay in the organization, but has now focused his attention on the potential fighter uniform, which would have implement a universal outfit for all fighters with a set sponsor(s).

Shamrock, who already has reservations regarding the UFC's sponsorship fee, believes that this new system would mean that all the benefits from the major sponsors would go directly to the UFC and would not financially benefit the majority of the fighters.

"Well first of all, they're already taking percentages of the sponsorship money that would come in for anybody, and then they have to except those sponsorship monies and so there has to be enough money for the UFC to make anything. So the fighters are really being limited on how much money they can even make from their sponsorships, and then now basically it's going to be nil.

"They're gonna put uniforms on 'em and the UFC is going to have major sponsors on these uniforms and they're going to get all of that money and the fighters are going to get zero."

Well the fighters won't literally get zero, but I agree with the point he's trying to make.

shamrock with the inside info.

HungerGamesContestants.jpg

the_hunger_games_021.jpg

The future of the UFC, everybody wears the same thing and fights eachother.

Welcome to the Ultimate Fighting Games.

I suspect Shamrock of trying to tell us that UFC IS DYING.

Man, he's a moron. And like a lot of you sherdoggers, he doesn't realize that this will be a big step in UPPING fighter pay.

He is right, how the hell is that going to be a step in "upping fighter pay" lol?

Man, he's a moron. And like a lot of you sherdoggers, he doesn't realize that this will be a big step in UPPING fighter pay.

Uncle Dana ? I thought you shut down the internet forums
Welcome back I guess..

obviously taking sponsorship money away from the fighters and giving it to the UFC would help fighters make more.

I'm not a fan of Ken but IF this happened it would be bad for fighters, there's no way the ufc would funnel that money down the ladder.

A. The UFC and Nike have both sponsored fighters, if you don't think they paid out more than most other sponsers, you're crazy. Having each and every fighter sponsored by both the UFC and whatever major apparel company will be HUGE for them, especially the smaller guys.
and B. There will still be room for OTHER sponsers. This has been stated already.

That trickle down economics, son.
You don't seriously believe this do you?

That doesn't make any sense. Most probably everyone involved would gain on this.

2014+or+1984.jpg

Edit: Where did my Vcash go to?

Back