Ken Shamrock files official complaint following Royce Gracie loss

Brazen604

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
On Friday evening, Ken Shamrock lost in the main event against arch-nemesis Royce Gracie, but it didn't come without some controversy.

In the very first round, Shamrock received a well placed knee to the groin, followed by a knee to the head which dropped him. Needless to say the fight was finished with Gracie laying down some hammer fists on Shamrock who was in serious agony.

Immediately after the referee called a stop to the action, Shamrock was outraged. He was yelling at the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu black belt, stating that he knee'd him in the groin on purpose and that he was a dirty fighter.

Just two days after the bout has commenced, Shamrock has decided to file an official complaint with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation.

The following was posted on Shamrock's official website:

On Sunday, February 21, 2016, Team Shamrock has officially filed a complaint with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) disputing the foul missed by the ref for Bellator 149 on February 19, 2016. The contest was stopped erroneously due to Ken Shamrock’s inability to fight back or protect himself after the illegal knee to the groin. The replay of the low blow was shown several times to the fans at the Toyota Center where the contest was held. Each time it was played, the fans gasped and booed relentlessly when they witnessed the groin being kneed.

Fans from around the world have been calling for an immediate rematch between Ken Shamrock and Royce Gracie. There should be no delay scheduling this redo as the fans had expected to watch this historic bout. Instead, the fans who watched in record numbers were robbed from seeing what they were expecting to see. They expected to witness a rivalry 23 years in the making come to a close. However, the fans are left disenfranchised. The fans lost out on a missed call on an obvious illegal foul. Shamrock and Gracie fought in UFC 1 and 3, and most recently in Bellator 149, which was supposed to be the bout to finally settle things once and for all. That did NOT happen, but it should and soon.

Furthermore, the next bout, if it is to happen, should NOT be ‘Shamrock vs Gracie 4.’ Rather, it should be a redo of ‘Shamrock vs Gracie 3.’ The Shamrock vs Gracie 3 fight is expected to be rendered a no-contest by the TDLR, which in essence would nullify the previous fight. Therefore, the next fight should be considered a restart of the original trilogy. The missed call warrants a full redo, and a complete rematch is essential to help preserve the rich history that these two fighters have created.

A required rematch has seldom been as warranted as the recent Shamrock versus Gracie fight.

A fight of such magnitude must NOT end on a missed call. This legendary fight disserves to happen the correct way—for the fans.

http://mmasucka.com/2016/02/21/ken-...complaint-following-tko-loss-to-royce-gracie/

Sour grapes. Ken should have stepped away after he got hit in the nuts and signaled to the ref. He lost. Accept it.

Sour grapes. Ken should have stepped away after he got hit in the nuts and signaled to the ref. He lost. Accept it.

Maby he couldn't just step away as you suggest. He got kneed in the nuts and was also in the clinch. There was only 2 seconds between the nut shot and knee to the head. Ken wasn't dazed or confused laying on the mat. But he was in pain covering the area that hurt. And it wasn't the part of his body Gracie was still trying to land shots on.

He has a right to be upset. The ref messed up big time. The low blow is what lost him the fight.

They need to wear something that protects their junk if they can't fight through it. Is it really impossible to get something that protects that region but doesn't hinder the fighter?

This makes total sense. There was no fight. There was just Gracie kicking an invisible soccer ball, kneeing Shammy in the nuts, and one successful knee to the head before some pitter-patter pillowfists.

Shamrock-Gracie 3.5 is a MUST for Summer 2016. #IAmNOTRoyceGracie

I may be alone, but I'd really like to see a rematch. I was genuinely looking forward to seeing how the fight would play out in the long run.

Maby he couldn't just step away as you suggest. He got kneed in the nuts and was also in the clinch. There was only 2 seconds between the nut shot and knee to the head. Ken wasn't dazed or confused laying on the mat. But he was in pain covering the area that hurt. And it wasn't the part of his body Gracie was still trying to land shots on.

He has a right to be upset. The ref messed up big time. The low blow is what lost him the fight.

So, do we really want this fight changed to a "no contest?" I think it sets a bad president. There is no "instant replay" in MMA and sometimes you have to "play it where it lies." If we change this fight to a no contest, what other fights should we change to a no contest? Barnett vs. Couture? Rutten vs. Randleman, St. Pierre vs Penn (vasaline-gate), etc...

So, do we really want this fight changed to a "no contest?" I think it sets a bad president. There is no "instant replay" in MMA and sometimes you have to "play it where it lies." If we change this fight to a no contest, what other fights should we change to a no contest? Barnett vs. Couture? Rutten vs. Randleman, St. Pierre vs Penn (vasaline-gate), etc...

When it is as blatant as this fight than yes, I see no reason why it shouldn't be ruled a NC. This is one of the more blatant nut shots I have seen. To me it is clearly what ended the fight. Shamrock wasn't confused or dazed when he hit the mat. He was in obvious pain and he was covering that spot the pain was coming from. That spot wasn't his head that Gracie was still trying to land punches on.

When it is as blatant as this fight than yes, I see no reason why it shouldn't be ruled a NC. This is one of the more blatant nut shots I have seen. To me it is clearly what ended the fight. Shamrock wasn't confused or dazed when he hit the mat. He was in obvious pain and he was covering that spot the pain was coming from. That spot wasn't his head that Gracie was still trying to land punches on.

I say its a slippery slope, but the commission will decide, and it could be a decision that totally changes the game.

More egregious mistakes have been made in fights without the result getting overturned, so good luck.

I say its a slippery slope, but the commission will decide, and it could be a decision that totally changes the game.

Oh, I doubt it gets turned into a NC. But it is possible it might and I think it should be. He has a better chance at getting Coker to set up a rematch which is unlikely to happen also.

Pretty embarrassing. Before the fight ,during and after.
He flopped a second after expecting a point? Just being a victim. He waited 20 years and pulled that. Waah! You did it on purpose! What the fuck Ken.

The first 2 minutes of that fight was terrible... not sure if I really want to see them fight again. Regardless, the knee was directly to the balls and it's pretty shitty that the ref missed it and allowed the fight to continue. Changing the fight to a No Contest is what should probably happen, but it's not a big deal. Most fighters aren't really concerned with their record... I think it was CroCop who said something like "Records are for the media and journalists to worry about, fighters worry about fighting." I agree with the sentiment and anybody who watched the fight knows what happened.

IMOP the whole Bellator org. messed up...whos brilliant idea was it not to have big John ref this thing...isn't he the best and the one ppl want to see ref this like he did 20 plus years ago? Dumbness on all levels.

if the commission there has the same appeal rules as the NSAC this will go nowhere. it's like when the ref missed Urijah Faber eyepoking that dude before the finish. it wasn't considered an incorrect call because no call was actually made.

NOBODY initially saw the nut shot, fans, us watching in the pbp or the ref. On top of that, Ken didn't even notice it until later apparently. It sucks but that was one hell of a delay and there isn't a whole lot I can see being done.

Rightfully So even if the fight sucked and it will never get overturned

They need to wear something that protects their junk if they can't fight through it. Is it really impossible to get something that protects that region but doesn't hinder the fighter?
Could you add something to the cup that beeps if it gets hit and have it attached to the refs ear? To

Could you add something to the cup that beeps if it gets hit and have it attached to the refs ear? To
LMAO...you could just get the cups to light up when hit like those flashing balls.

spikyballsgif_zps1140e323.gif

Back