Ken Shamrock files official complaint following Royce Gracie loss

I definitely do not want to see Royce Gracie vs. Ken Shamrock 4.

If KS wants to compete in Bellator MMA again, I would like to see Ken Shamrock vs. Dan Severn 3.

How about Ken Shamrock vs. David Abbott?

How about Ken Shamrock vs. Rickson Gracie?

How about Ken Shamrock vs. Mark Coleman?

He couldn't step away because Royce was holding him.
Just curious, because these last couple days every time I see your avatar I predict "ah, this dude is gonna shit on Ken again!" and I'm always right for now.
So 'fess up, is it because you're a Tank fan, a Gracie fan, or a Shamrock hater? ^^

Anyway
Yeah the low blow was blatantly obvious
(even more if you train, wore a cup and knows that it isn't a mawashi),

after that Ken had his "I got nut-shot" face and kept trying to grab his crotch and argued with the ref instead of trying to defend the TD and punches on the ground.

It wasn't like the Sakuraba fight in which Ken was clearly rocked and almost fell through the ropes with his eyes going "o_O" and then complained because fight stopped too early.... Ken often feels like he's been wronged
The second Tito fight as a bit early, but Ken couldn't improve his position anyway so watching it live I was content with the stoppage, don't want to see legends get beat up unnecessarily.

So, Royce cheated (not the first time, even if IMHO he didn't low blow Ken on purpose, just took advantage of it when it happened), and it warrants a NC and immediate rematch with a competent ref.

RF

I am a fan of all these guys, but this is how I really feel. When fighters take a hit to the groin, they usually give the ref some kind of visual cue that they have taken a hit. Ken didn't do that, and the ref didn't see a direct hit. At best, the ref saw what looked like a grazing hit across the cup. Also, Ken's delayed reaction to the pain was to drop and go into fetal position. Why? When in your adult life have you ever reacted to a groin shot like that? Why didn't he pull guard and try to ride out the storm? It's unfortunate if he was in pain, but he lost...

From Royce's perspective, he learned in his very first fight with Shamrock, you don't stop until the ref stops the fight.

If KS wants to compete in Bellator MMA again, I would like to see Ken Shamrock vs. Dan Severn 3.

Ken would take an unnecessary beating from Rickson Gracie or Mark Coleman. No one wants to see that.

Last edited:
Ken would take an unnecessary beating from Rickson Gracie or Mark Coleman. No one wants to see that.

If Ken Shamrock wants to return to Bellator MMA so much, I definitely want to see all of those battles.

Hell, there are users on Sherdog that claim they want to see Wanderlei Silva vs. Ken Shamrock.

Shamrock should not fight anyone ever again. He proved that against royce. Never, ever have i seen a fighter fall So far from such great heights Before. Hé was arguably at one time, for a very short period, the best fighter on the planet (around the first severn fight) and now he cannot even move royce or take one flush shot in the face from ANYONE anymore. Severn would manhandle his ass now. No, no no just no. No more fighting for Ken.

Severn would manhandle his ass now. No, no no just no. No more fighting for Ken.

You should say that to Ken Shamrock.

What do you think about a battle between Ken Shamrock and David Abbott?

You should say that to Ken Shamrock.

What do you think about a battle between Ken Shamrock and David Abbott?
Well, i respect his reasons to keep on fighting, he explained it pretty well Before his fight against Kimbo. No issue there, he is a grown man. It's just that I don't want to see it anymore. It's diluting his legacy and even the past perception of the guy Who was once the "worlds most dangerous man".

Ken versus tank? Hell no. Tank would touch that chin sooner or later. Like i said, he can't even take one, just one shot from ANYONE anymore. Hell even a glancing blow will put him down. Plus due to his shot knees hé wont be able to take him down. Back in the Day he would have killed his ass. Nowadays no. I thought royce was the perfect opponent due to him having no power. However anyone Who can throw a punch can put him out now (my opinion at least)

Ken versus tank? Hell no. Tank would touch that chin sooner or later. Like i said, he can't even take one, just one shot from ANYONE anymore. Hell even a glancing blow will put him down. Plus due to his shot knees hé wont be able to take him down. Back in the Day he would have killed his ass. Nowadays no. I thought royce was the perfect opponent due to him having no power. However anyone Who can throw a punch can put him out now (my opinion at least)

Believe it or not, Ken Shamrock lasted longer against Kevin Ferguson than David Abbott did.

However, Kevin Ferguson stopped both of them in the first round.

Believe it or not, Ken Shamrock lasted longer against Kevin Ferguson than David Abbott did.

However, Kevin Ferguson stopped both of them in the first round.
True, i'm aware of that. However i personally put the ken vs Kimbo fight in the "obvious work" category. Just look at how easy ken pushed Kimbo around versus how hé couldn't even budge Royce for God's sake. Also, if he was really that much stronger than Kimbo, that choke would've been locked in in 3 seconds flat. Ken knows how to apply a choke, you don't just forget that shit. Also, look how easily Kimbo took dada down. Now granted dada doesnt know shit about takedown defense but he's still 60 pounds heavier than Ken. Kimbo didnt even try versus ken and went down on that weakass single leg grab.

Ken is in an upcoming PPV

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/2/12/1...rfaces-featuring-michael-bisping-roy-jones-jr

Be nice to see Coker give Coleman a job or paid guest appearances in the booth but lets hope he never fights again. I did always feel that the UFC did cut him too soon in his last stint.

Lets just hope we see the Ken vs. Royce fight turned to a NC. And although I been supporting him here and 100% agree it was a groin shot and he got a bad deal. I feel as if he will lose to Royce in the Rematch. He isn't much bigger than Royce as we first thought and that was one of the advantages most said he had. And I am not sure that he over powers Royce to the extent most thought he would. But if he wants the rematch he should get it. He could still win.

I believe he should be pushing for a Kimbo re-match if he can get the win in the up coming PPV he is going to be on. I think he wins that .. then hopefully retires. If he loses in his up coming PPV his chances of a Kimbo rematch being his next fight are gone.

I am a fan of all these guys, but this is how I really feel. When fighters take a hit to the groin, they usually give the ref some kind of visual cue that they have taken a hit. Ken didn't do that, and the ref didn't see a direct hit. At best, the ref saw what looked like a grazing hit across the cup. Also, Ken's delayed reaction to the pain was to drop and go into fetal position. Why? When in your adult life have you ever reacted to a groin shot like that? Why didn't he pull guard and try to ride out the storm? It's unfortunate if he was in pain, but he lost...

From Royce's perspective, he learned in his very first fight with Shamrock, you don't stop until the ref stops the fight.

I address most of this same type comment in other threads you posted it in so won't bother repeating but I don't think Coleman is putting a beating on anyone. He been through some surgeries and infections. There are some threads here on sherdog about it and some interviews. Hopefully this guy doesn't fight again. As previously mentioned I do feel as if he was cut too soon from the UFC and hope Coker gives him some type of place in Bellator like they did with Ken / Royce before they started fighting again.

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/2/12/1...rfaces-featuring-michael-bisping-roy-jones-jr

Be nice to see Coker give Coleman a job or paid guest appearances in the booth but lets hope he never fights again. I did always feel that the UFC did cut him too soon in his last stint.

Lets just hope we see the Ken vs. Royce fight turned to a NC. And although I been supporting him here and 100% agree it was a groin shot and he got a bad deal. I feel as if he will lose to Royce in the Rematch. He isn't much bigger than Royce as we first thought and that was one of the advantages most said he had. And I am not sure that he over powers Royce to the extent most thought he would. But if he wants the rematch he should get it. He could still win.

I believe he should be pushing for a Kimbo re-match if he can get the win in the up coming PPV he is going to be on. I think he wins that .. then hopefully retires. If he loses in his up coming PPV his chances of a Kimbo rematch being his next fight are gone.

I address most of this same type comment in other threads you posted it in so won't bother repeating but I don't think Coleman is putting a beating on anyone. He been through some surgeries and infections. There are some threads here on sherdog about it and some interviews. Hopefully this guy doesn't fight again. As previously mentioned I do feel as if he was cut too soon from the UFC and hope Coker gives him some type of place in Bellator like they did with Ken / Royce before they started fighting again.

I recall that Coleman had some surgeries. I still say he would destroy Ken.

Excellent. It looks like I'll finally be able to see Ken Shamrock vs. Dan Severn 3.

Seriously, I hope that this event actually happens.

Thank you for informing me.

Last edited:
Did any of these guys have any interviews regarding this event ? I thought by this time there be at least a couple interviews from Ken / Royce / Kimbo / Dadda 5000. Ken had his Facebook post and filed a complaint. But outside the Post fight presser there isn't much.

I honestly believe Ken thinks he's still relevant, and could make a run for a title, if he could just string some wins together.

He really needs to let it go, and get a job with corporate.

I honestly believe Ken thinks he's still relevant, and could make a run for a title, if he could just string some wins together.

He really needs to let it go, and get a job with corporate.

I don`t think he believes he could ever make a run for the title. He seems realistic in his interviews that I have seen. Saying things like there is room in this sport for the older generation of fighters to compete but not against young guys. I agree with him but there has to be a cut off ..... Ken might have reached that cut off. I hope he gets this turned to a NC ( unlikely ) and some how gets a rematch with Kimbo ( just as unlikely as a NC ) and retire on a win.

Ken could fight Royce one hundred times and it would always end in controversy.

Ken is ducking Sherk imo.

On Friday evening, Ken Shamrock lost in the main event against arch-nemesis Royce Gracie, but it didn't come without some controversy.

In the very first round, Shamrock received a well placed knee to the groin, followed by a knee to the head which dropped him. Needless to say the fight was finished with Gracie laying down some hammer fists on Shamrock who was in serious agony.

Immediately after the referee called a stop to the action, Shamrock was outraged. He was yelling at the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu black belt, stating that he knee'd him in the groin on purpose and that he was a dirty fighter.

Just two days after the bout has commenced, Shamrock has decided to file an official complaint with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation.

The following was posted on Shamrock's official website:

On Sunday, February 21, 2016, Team Shamrock has officially filed a complaint with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) disputing the foul missed by the ref for Bellator 149 on February 19, 2016. The contest was stopped erroneously due to Ken Shamrock’s inability to fight back or protect himself after the illegal knee to the groin. The replay of the low blow was shown several times to the fans at the Toyota Center where the contest was held. Each time it was played, the fans gasped and booed relentlessly when they witnessed the groin being kneed.

Fans from around the world have been calling for an immediate rematch between Ken Shamrock and Royce Gracie. There should be no delay scheduling this redo as the fans had expected to watch this historic bout. Instead, the fans who watched in record numbers were robbed from seeing what they were expecting to see. They expected to witness a rivalry 23 years in the making come to a close. However, the fans are left disenfranchised. The fans lost out on a missed call on an obvious illegal foul. Shamrock and Gracie fought in UFC 1 and 3, and most recently in Bellator 149, which was supposed to be the bout to finally settle things once and for all. That did NOT happen, but it should and soon.

Furthermore, the next bout, if it is to happen, should NOT be ‘Shamrock vs Gracie 4.’ Rather, it should be a redo of ‘Shamrock vs Gracie 3.’ The Shamrock vs Gracie 3 fight is expected to be rendered a no-contest by the TDLR, which in essence would nullify the previous fight. Therefore, the next fight should be considered a restart of the original trilogy. The missed call warrants a full redo, and a complete rematch is essential to help preserve the rich history that these two fighters have created.

A required rematch has seldom been as warranted as the recent Shamrock versus Gracie fight.

A fight of such magnitude must NOT end on a missed call. This legendary fight disserves to happen the correct way—for the fans.

http://mmasucka.com/2016/02/21/ken-...complaint-following-tko-loss-to-royce-gracie/
I was hoping to see that he would. Fight should've been halted after the groin shot.

Back