Ken Shamrock files official complaint following Royce Gracie loss

Sour grapes. Ken should have stepped away after he got hit in the nuts and signaled to the ref. He lost. Accept it.

idiots like you would had said protect yourself at all times if Ken stepped away

Royce Gracie embodies everything MMA is not about and it's really sad cause he is for some reason (I don't know why) considered a legend.

Ken should just pretend the fight was under ufc 1 rules

No kidding! No rules fighting just like the original. Ken should of protected and Gracie just took up what was offered. Won the fight. DONE!

This is probably the best ending Ken could have hoped for. There was no way he was going to beat Royce and all he had to look forward to was getting choked out. Now he gets to milk this moment for all it's worth.

Remember when he lost to Tito the first 2 times and he'd jump up right after the stoppage and carry on, yelling, screaming and claiming the fight was stopped too early. The last time they fought Big John Mccarthy apparently had enough of Ken's protests and let Tito beat on him until Ken was pretty much out of it. Ken didnt jump up that time and put on a show.

This is probably the best ending Ken could have hoped for. There was no way he was going to beat Royce and all he had to look forward to was getting choked out. Now he gets to milk this moment for all it's worth.

Remember when he lost to Tito the first 2 times and he'd jump up right after the stoppage and carry on, yelling, screaming and claiming the fight was stopped too early. The last time they fought Big John Mccarthy apparently had enough of Ken's protests and let Tito beat on him until Ken was pretty much out of it. Ken didnt jump up that time and put on a show.

Maby my memory is foggy but that is not how I remember the three Ken vs Tito fights. I remember the first one Ken taking a beating before it ended. I remember the second one being protested because it was stopped too early with Ken using the first fight as an example saying look what I took in the first fight why was this one stopped or something similar to that. Third fight the ref let it go on longer than he did in the second fight and Ken had no complaints, congratulated Tito and said we made lots of money together.

There was around 4 years between the first fight and the second.

IMOP the whole Bellator org. messed up...whos brilliant idea was it not to have big John ref this thing...isn't he the best and the one ppl want to see ref this like he did 20 plus years ago? Dumbness on all levels.

The ones that thought Kimbo/Dada might get stupid. Strikeforce brawl stupid, not Kimbo/Houston in a vacuum chamber stupid.

Ken got screwed by the ref, ironically he probably has the best shot of getting a NC with the fight in Texas precisely because their commission is totally fucked up.

Could you add something to the cup that beeps if it gets hit and have it attached to the refs ear? To

They only do glowing shit on Fox, so Ken's out of luck until he makes good with Uncle Dana
86246-full.jpg

idiots like you would had said protect yourself at all times if Ken stepped away
Idiots, huh? Usually fighters give some kind of visual cue to the ref after a shot to the groin. Like I said before, sour grapes...

The biggest point that Shamrock has in his favor is that with all the replays, in every angle, the ref was in a position where HE COULD SEE that Shamrock was kneed in the groin.

I was surprised that wasn't mentioned in Shamrock's official statement.

"Furthermore, the next bout, if it is to happen, should NOT be ‘Shamrock vs Gracie 4.’ Rather, it should be a redo of ‘Shamrock vs Gracie 3.’ The Shamrock vs Gracie 3 fight is expected to be rendered a no-contest by the TDLR, which in essence would nullify the previous fight. Therefore, the next fight should be considered a restart of the original trilogy. The missed call warrants a full redo, and a complete rematch is essential to help preserve the rich history that these two fighters have created."

This sentence almost looks like Sherdog trolling, with the TDLR, which looks like TLDR

Ken always has some excuse, it looked like a pretty blatant foul but someone else might of been able to let the ref know..Ken went down AFTER the knee to the face not after the groin shot how is the ref meant to know that Ken was hurt from the nut shot ? Someone else might of been able to wear it, Ken is too fragile he goes down or gets injured from a strong gust of wind. He isn't Dan Severn or Randy, his body just can't take any punishment.

He wasn't winning that fight anyway, I don't think he threw a single punch aside from some slow pawing shots to gauge distance.

They need to wear something that protects their junk if they can't fight through it. Is it really impossible to get something that protects that region but doesn't hinder the fighter?
The do have protection. It just doesn't protect 100%. You still get hurt. Especially when the blow comes from the wrong angle.

What did you think the ref was gonna do if you turtle up like a baby ken, you got hit on the groin, take guard and tough it out.

Sour grapes. Ken should have stepped away after he got hit in the nuts and signaled to the ref. He lost. Accept it.

He couldn't step away because Royce was holding him.
Just curious, because these last couple days every time I see your avatar I predict "ah, this dude is gonna shit on Ken again!" and I'm always right for now.
So 'fess up, is it because you're a Tank fan, a Gracie fan, or a Shamrock hater? ^^

Anyway
Yeah the low blow was blatantly obvious
(even more if you train, wore a cup and knows that it isn't a mawashi),

after that Ken had his "I got nut-shot" face and kept trying to grab his crotch and argued with the ref instead of trying to defend the TD and punches on the ground.

It wasn't like the Sakuraba fight in which Ken was clearly rocked and almost fell through the ropes with his eyes going "o_O" and then complained because fight stopped too early.... Ken often feels like he's been wronged
The second Tito fight as a bit early, but Ken couldn't improve his position anyway so watching it live I was content with the stoppage, don't want to see legends get beat up unnecessarily.

So, Royce cheated (not the first time, even if IMHO he didn't low blow Ken on purpose, just took advantage of it when it happened), and it warrants a NC and immediate rematch with a competent ref.

RF

That statement was horribly written, it looks like a high school assignment. Ken needs a new PR person.

Anyway
Yeah the low blow was blatantly obvious

Only to some people. Others see it as being at the waistline or to the left of the crotch region and - at best - only catching a tiny part of that region. And if a cup doesn't protect from that - they should stop wearing cups.

I don't understand why Ken cares so much now? It's obvious he loss the Kimbo fight on purpose (obvious fix IMO) and now he's angry because he loss a fight due to an illegal foul?

Off topic - I'd love to see Bas come out of retirement and fight Shamrock.

Back