Kelly Pavlick vs Gary Lockett plus Ponce De Leon vs Lopez Tonight on HBO

Anybody 168 or below capable of beating him?

Pavlik vs. Thiago Alves. Sorry. Had an MMA moment there.....:redface:

And wright... Wright might have a shot at Pavlik, but I personally don't know if he can handle his power. And he has been getting hit a lot as of lately.

I, too, did a double take when I saw Manfredo's name in there.

And the perfect way to get to Wright is straight punches down the pipe. Pavlik has a helluva straight right down the pipe.

Joe Cal, Kessler, Abraham, and Peter Manfredo, jr.

Capable I'll give you, but Pavlik is no joke. Most of those guys just might go home with their pants on backwards.

I actually think Kessler might be the guy to give him the most trouble. I dont see Cal beating him.

I think the first three could give him problems and any of those fights would be main-event worthy.

And would really like to have seen Pre-Taylor Hopkins against Pavlik. I am not going to say Prime Hopkins because I am pretty comfortable in saying a Prime Hopkins would have beaten Pavlik.

I hope this bout doesnt change the odds on the possible joe c fight. A pavlik RJJ will be interesting...

I actually think Kessler might be the guy to give him the most trouble. I dont see Cal beating him.

So you are going to go for the conventional, straight-foward technical guy to beat Pavlik? I am thinking the same thing. Joe Cal might be liable to get caught while going on an onslaught. Abraham, while fairly decent technically, has a wide arch in his punches. He is good defensively though. He might get countered when throwing. He is a tough SOB as displayed against Miranda.

Manfredo does not deserve another title shot.

I'd just like to see Kelly fight a legit fighter sometime this year. It's going to get bad in the coming months if rumors are true.

So you are going to go for the conventional, straight-foward technical guy to beat Pavlik? I am thinking the same thing. Joe Cal might be liable to get caught while going on an onslaught. Abraham, while fairly decent technically, has a wide arch in his punches. He is good defensively though. He might get countered when throwing. He is a tough SOB as displayed against Miranda.

Thats kinda what I was thinking. Right now, I see Pavlik beating all those guys though. I just think Kessler might give him the most trouble.

I'd just like to see Kelly fight a legit fighter sometime this year. It's going to get bad in the coming months if rumors are true.

Well, hopefully we'll see the winner of the abe/miranda fight. Other than that, theres not a whole lot out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back