Kelly Pavlick vs Gary Lockett plus Ponce De Leon vs Lopez Tonight on HBO

I can't believe some of you didn't know I was being facetious when I said Manfredo. Serious... I mean... SERIOUSLY?!?

Well, hopefully we'll see the winner of the abe/miranda fight. Other than that, theres not a whole lot out there.

There is plenty more than Gary Lockett, Ricardo Mayorga and Marco Antonio Rubio.

The only money fight rgith now is with Calzaghe and that's not even that huge. It will be interesting though. Like Max said afterward he should just go about his business destroying everyone in the division the way Hagler did. Big money opponents will eventually emerge.

Let's see Pavlik-Abraham and maybe Pavlik-Calzaghe.

I always wanted Andy Lee to meet Pavlik someday. Looks like my dream came crashing down after Andy Lee's last performance. Hope he does bounce back.

If Pavlik beats Abraham, next logical step would be 168. A lot of interesting action fights up there. A lot of HUGE punchers up there that would make the fights very interesting.

You got berrio, inkin, froch, lacy, bute... All of which would give entertaining fights. None of them would beat Pavlik, but it would be fun to watch. Any of them would make a good entrance fight for Pavlik. Woot!

Pavlik vs Lee would be an assasination

Lee would lose via massive, quick pummeling. Or, as Dusty would say, by massive and quick clubberin'.

Andy Lee's doomed to have a short and brutal career. Either that, or a Gatti-like, long and brutal career.

Andy Lee's doomed to have a short and brutal career. Either that, or a Gatti-like, long and brutal career.

Yeah, there have been many boxers that I wanted to retire because I didn't want to see them take another beating. It made me sad to watch.

Very bad night for most in the June Prediction contest. Those who had the de leon fight on their list... Only Bootydaddy got that one right, but the result was by UD and not KO early. Everybody got Forrest/Mora fight wrong. EVERYONE got Pavlik/Lockett fight right. Most got Williams taking the rematch.

Unfortunately most people guessed Ngoudjo to beat M'baye (save for Chatz - ha). With my very wrong guess in the Williams/Quintana fight, I am down the shitter. Boo!

Can someone give me a quick summary of the pavlick fight?

Thanks!!!

Sure, lockett unable to get inside. Unable to handle Pavliks power.

Locked was very stationary and Pavlik had no problem finding him.

Lockett repeatedly got hurt, repeatedly took knees to buy himself time before his corner threw in the towel early in the fight.

Pavlik dropped Lockett twice in Round 2 and once in Round 3. Enzo Calzaghe threw in the towel after Lockett got up and the ref looked like he was about to stop the bout anyway. It was a pure ass kicking.

Also, isn't Lorenzo a mandatory of Pavlik as well? They may toss him to Pavlik. And Felix Sturm would be an OKish 'name' (due to the screwy De La Hoya loss) to have for a pretty easy win if I was Pavlik's management.

Back