Media Keep that same energy- Cody Garbrandt

dislike both, but theres no reason to believe cody doesn't beat him tbh.

cody is chinny but sterling doesn't have the power or striking to hurt him imo, cody is faster, better striker, and showed he has great defensive wrestling against cruz, so sterling wouldn't wrestlefuck him either.

its a good fight, we havent really seen cody wrestling game but stand up cody will be pressuring unlike jimmie rivera.
cruz couldn't wrestle him, and cruz has great wrestling, cruz was taking TJ down pretty easily and usually takes everyone down without much trouble.

huge cruz fan and hate cody btw, but his defensive wrestling/footwork is real good.

hqdefault.jpg

Cody NoGlove starches him.

Aljo just fought a great fight. Think his assessment of the division is pretty accurate. Moraes is the man now, and despite being slept, Aljo may be best equipped to beat him. Aljo is very good all the way out, or all the way in; and his transition from 1 to the other is greatly improved. Think he beats Cody relatively easy.

Aljo would be interesting if he had better hands. His kicks and his wrestling are his only effective weapons. He does throw nice elbows too from time to time. I remember some people comparing him to the BW Jon Jones for his creativity when he first came to the UFC...Yeah right :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Garbrandt hype is hilarious. He has 1 top 10 win & another top 15. And considering neither Cruz or Almeida should be ranked in the top 15 at this point, Garbrandt is still living off of a win from over 2 years ago. He is a great stylistic matchup for Cruz because Cruz has no power & declining athleticism.

Aljo would beat Cody but I don't think Cody gets past Munhoz.

Cody's a REALLY bad match up for Aljo, imo.

I think the basis on which people call other people phony is pretty phony. I don't think Garbrandt is a very bright fella, but the little one can see of him, he appears to be a genuine guy.

I feel you. I get a zero phony vibe from him.

Maybe he's a little different to guys he's likely to have to fight. Can't fault him for that.

Aljo would be interesting if he had better hands. His kicks and his wrestling are his only effective weapons. He does throw nice elbows too from time to time. I remember some people comparing him to the BW Jon Jones for his creativity when he first came to the UFC...Yeah right :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sterling's striking is pretty fucking good now. It looks bizarre, but it's effective. Aside from the Moraes KO, nobody has been able to push the pace on Rivera like that. Rivera is usually able to set the tempo with his counters.

I used to give Sterling zero chance against Garbrandt, but I'd give him a legit shot after seeing how terrible Garbrandt's fight IQ is.

Aljo is starting off hella strong by fucking with Cody. The more he trolls and triggers Cody, the easier the fight will be for him if it happens. An on point Cody is a cut above Sterling, but a sloppy and triggered Cody could be easily pressed against the fence and held down for multiple rounds as he swings for the fence and subjects himself to piss easy takedowns or clinching.

he could also knock Sterling dead even when he is triggered. he definitely fought stupidly vs Dillashaw, but he also hurt Dillashaw both times they fought.

Sterling's striking is pretty fucking good now. It looks bizarre, but it's effective. Aside from the Moraes KO, nobody has been able to push the pace on Rivera like that. Rivera is usually able to set the tempo with his counters.

I used to give Sterling zero chance against Garbrandt, but I'd give him a legit shot after seeing how terrible Garbrandt's fight IQ is.

He def came to fight and I was impressed with how he dominated Rivera. Made him look like he didn't belong in there w him. I think him fighting Gardbrandt will def tell us if he'll ever be a legit contender or always remain out of the top 5

TJ
Moraes
Garbrandt
Cruz
Assuncao

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back