Kayla Harrison: People don't help women who are being raped

I think the "yell fire instead of rape" thing is from a movie. I think it would probably be best to just scream for help if you're being attacked, there's no need to give a play-by-play or whatever.
It's from real life, and the fact that yelling fire will cause more people to get involved/interested/gather around. They teach it all the time in womens self defense classes.

Tl;dr

People are generally pussies

shes-right-you.jpg

Unfortunately, there are a lot of people that would rather stand by and watch than actually help someone in need.

bystander-effects.jpg

Vast majority of people are followers, parts of the crowd. Definitely an unpleasant and eerie thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystander_effect

Seems like people with some talent for management and HR can be equally apt at running a kindergarten or a death camp, depending on what's the demand in given time and place...

Vast majority of people are followers, parts of the crowd. Definitely an unpleasant and eerie thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bystander_effect

Seems like people with some talent for management and HR can be equally apt at running a kindergarten or a death camp, depending on what's the demand in given time and place...
Also might be the case that these days a good samaritan could get sued for helping or sometimes get conned and duped if the situation occurs in an isolated area

My ex wife slapped me once, I didn’t hit back or press charges. Just asked her to never do that again, then moved out and filed for divorce.

It's from real life, and the fact that yelling fire will cause more people to get involved/interested/gather around. They teach it all the time in womens self defense classes.
I can't imagine that being true, abuse is one thing. Lots of people will turn a blind eye to physical or emotional abuse regardless of the victim but especially if the victim looks bigger. I don't see people turning a blind eye to rape, not in the US anyways

shes-right-you.jpg

Unfortunately, there are a lot of people that would rather stand by and watch than actually help someone in need.

bystander-effects.jpg
I know there's a law now that helps, but imagine trying to help someone and getting sued because u failed... Ppl don't want to get caught up in stuff. U just have no idea about things anymore. There's a certain group of ppl that created this, but I won't turn it into a political thread

I can't imagine that being true, abuse is one thing. Lots of people will turn a blind eye to physical or emotional abuse regardless of the victim but especially if the victim looks bigger. I don't see people turning a blind eye to rape, not in the US anyways
This doesn't make any sense.

Getting involved in a potential rape/one on one attack is more risky in general than getting involved to help stop a fire OR at least (and what the point is) going to see it. The point is yelling fire to draw a crowd and get an attacker to run off. Ask all the women who yelled rape and nobody came. People listen to people get beat up and raped in apartment buildings all the time and don't do anything, won't even call the cops because they don't want to get involved in those kinds of matters. Fire can effect everyone.

This doesn't make any sense.

Getting involved in a potential rape/one on one attack is more risky in general than getting involved to help stop a fire OR at least (and what the point is) going to see it. The point is yelling fire to draw a crowd and get an attacker to run off. Ask all the women who yelled rape and nobody came. People listen to people get beat up and raped in apartment buildings all the time and don't do anything, won't even call the cops because they don't want to get involved in those kinds of matters. Fire can effect everyone.
How many people if they hear fire being yelled in the distance are going to run towards the fire? That doesn't make sense either. You really think a crowd of people hear's a woman being forcefully raped and nobody is going to try and help or at least call police? Maybe if it's a crowd full of cowards but those are the same kind of people that are going to try and save their own asses in a fire. This has no logic

I feel pretty confident that she got it from the movie that I remember seeing it in, I think it may have actually been Morgan Freeman's character in Seven who said it.

In todays weak and sick as fuck society people would run and likely take a damn video of it before lifting a finger.

How many people if they hear fire being yelled in the distance are going to run towards the fire? That doesn't make sense either. You really think a crowd of people hear's a woman being forcefully raped and nobody is going to try and help or at least call police? Maybe if it's a crowd full of cowards but those are the same kind of people that are going to try and save their own asses in a fire. This has no logic
make sense to me, never heard any woman scream fire or rape so i don't know, but seems logical that less people will get involved in case of an attack /rape than a fire, simply because it's less dangerous for them, i certainly wouldn't like to have to rescue some woman getting rape and risk getting beat up myself or getting killed
an house is on fire i don't care, i would go and see without hesitation ,if it's too bad to do anything myself i would just call 911 and that's it

Ya'll remember what happened to Walt's daughter, it could have been avoided. Some clown witness admitted to seeing Aniah being forced into a car against her will. Clown witness decided to turn a blind eye and then only contact the police 2 weeks later.

Police said she sustained a life threatening injury that very night.
And you think Aniah yelling fire in that situation would have made things better? The fail to call police or get help in that situation is a completely different matter, that's just people in certain communities usually don't want to call the police for anything. The Gervonta Davis assault was pretty similar, he grabbed the lady and took her out back against her will. Who stepped in, nobody except the two dudes who are either security or part of Davis team. People don't want to get involved in situations with some thugs or pimps, that's how it is

make sense to me, never heard any woman scream fire or rape so i don't know, but seems logical that less people will get involved in case of an attack /rape than a fire, simply because it's less dangerous for them, i certainly wouldn't like to have to rescue some woman getting rape and risk getting beat up myself or getting killed
an house is on fire i don't care, i would go and see without hesitation ,if it's too bad to do anything myself i would just call 911 and that's it
For me If I hear about a women getting raped, which is super rare because that's not how rapes usually occur I'm gonna do something about it, but if it's some goons I'm not gonna lie I'd be really hesitant to step in but at a minimum I will at least call the police. If I hear "fire" I'm leaving and that's it. I'm not running to locate the nearest fire extinguisher, or see if I can rescue any babies. I might not even call the fire department because if there's a crowd around I may just assume someone else will call anyways

In the wake of the recent video showing boxing prospect Gervonta Davis getting physical with his ex-girlfriend, TMZ Sports caught up with Kayla Harrison and asked her what women should do if they are in a situation where they are being attacked.

"If someone puts your hands on you, well, first of all, I would go for a nutshot right away. Anything that’s dirty, nasty, mean, bite. I mean if it’s a very serious situation and you’re in danger, save yourself by any means necessary. Scream. Instead of screaming rape or whatever, scream fire. People will run to help someone at a fire, people don’t run to help someone when they say rape,” Harrison said.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/pro...ense-advice-for-women-who-are-being-attacked/

boxing prospect?????? what kind of shit is that? the guy is a world champion...and considered one of the best...undefeated...with almost all his wins ending in ko...the guy is a wrecking machine....

She's right.

Men won't even step in seeing a woman get socked in the face by her boyfriend in broad daylight. The "scream fire instead of rape" is taught early.
When they got to the backroom, cops say video shows Davis "pulling his arm back and then forward towards the victim, which is consistent with a strike to the face where the victim sustained injuries to her lip and left jaw."

Floyd's influence stronger than imagined.

he'll pay a quick fine...then go back to defending his world title...

Back