• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Elections Kari Lake pulling ahead

I'm all for people having choices for their own body, but if you ever look at the timeline for a baby it's hard to make an argument that it's "just a clump of cells" when there's a formed heart, arms, and legs. 16 weeks has all those things. Dems shoot themselves in the foot when they brag about getting abortions at the DNC and when they say up until birth. I think it's possible to come to a middle ground. Rape and incest I would make an exception for in regards to time line. I'm pro choice but not pro abortion.
I think about 16 weeks is a good middle ground for on demand abortions with exceptions being made after that depending on the circumstances. As much as an 8th or 9th month abortion sounds gruesome I am just as critical of forcing abused children and women with non viable fetuses to give birth.

I think about 16 weeks is a good middle ground for on demand abortions with exceptions being made after that depending on the circumstances. As much as an 8th or 9th month abortion sounds gruesome I am just as critical of forcing abused children and women with non viable fetuses to give birth.

For the record. When I'm against late term abortions I only mean when it is some causal callous procedure, not if the woman's life is at stake or it is not viable. I say 16 weeks because when I saw the timeline photos it's no doubt to me it's a full baby by then, sure it can't survive on it's own but it has a heart, it has it's fingers and toes, it's clearly not just cells. Tbh 12 weeks to 15 is sketchy as well, but is not my body and you gotta draw a line somewhere.

Maybe they'd win more people over if they started advocating for post-term abortions? Like, my 5-year old is really annoying is too late for an abortion?

I believe the European standard which 90% follow is 15 weeks. If the Democrats would go for that, I'll bet they would win the populace on the issue. But, seeing the Democrats in the NY State Legislature break into applause on a partisan line vote to legalize abortion up to birth does not sit well. As you shared earlier, the main sector of the populace is on neither extreme.

It doesn't matter how you vote for, inflation and gas prices are a world wide issue and no blue or red politician or party will be able to fix that.

Much like there was a global pandemic that no country responded well to, the people in charge get the blame all the same. You could even compare both the Trump administration's handling of COVID, to the Biden administration's handling of inflation. In both cases, they said it was no big deal and would simply go away. Then it steamrolled that position which made them look incompetent at best, and lying for political reasons at worst. People notice that shit, and there is a price to pay for making such miscalculations. Whatever you may think of inflation and the reasons for it, they're certainly not gonna pat the Biden administration on the back for ignoring, and some would fairly argue, accelerating it.

There's a real caveat to that. The Democratic Party, the best anyone can tell, has a platform of Abortion on demand up until birth.

Wtf are you talking about? Pretending that it's such a black and white issue is assinine and misses the point. People have widely varying stances on abortion but a nationwide ban is certainly not a popular view - just the opposite.

Lol at alpha female

there is no such thing

Man, as much as I hope you are correct, I’m not gonna make victory claims until its over and done with. It’s gonna depend heavily on the middle voters.

If the left doing everything they could to burn/destroy the country in 2020 couldn’t sway the middle voters over to the right, than I’m not sure what to expect when it comes to election results.

Man, as much as I hope you are correct, I’m not gonna make victory claims until its over and done with. It’s gonna depend heavily on the middle voters.

If the left doing everything they could to burn/destroy the country in 2020 couldn’t sway the middle voters over to the right, than I’m not sure what to expect when it comes to election results.

economy was still good under trump with 2019 being one of the best economic years ever and when summer of love happened, people still had the surplus from that in their bank accounts and any fears of economic downturn could simply be called temporary due to COVID.

At this point, not so much.

I also think the summer of love did push people away from the left as trump increased his vote by over 5 million (I think). And outside of fraud (which I think there was), it would have been more if not for COVID also making some people think trump was more incompetent than he really was (more died under Biden in comparable amount of time), and now they regret that.

I mean, they only even attempted to run Biden cause at end of 2019 l/start of 2020, trump was basically unbeatable until COVID

regardless, people are stupid and fickle, and if their bank accounts are depleted and 401k in shambles than they are going to vote the current party in power out

This Kari Lake is not somebody I would vote for, and frankly seems like a pretty poor candidate.

With that being said, the fact that Hobbs refuses to debate her is ridiculous and reason enough for her to lose. Anyone not willing to debate should lose by default, imho. Fucking Fetterman and Walker are willing to haul their sorry asses out there and you aren't? Pathetic.

Most people are against late term abortions
Of course they are... but the idea that they're either common or elective is 100% fiction. 99.999999% of the time it's to save the mother's life or because they fetus has no eyes, nose, mouth or kidneys. People just don't want to face up to this tragic reality because no one talks about this stuff publicly.

Not sure who Kari Lake is but that name sounds like something I would find in a Malaysian restaurant.

Back