Kanye West's fans wonder who Paul McCartney is

When I was growing up people were afraid to admit you didn't know something, today's kids love to shout from the rooftops how dumb they are.

They were obviously playing but i would still expect most sub 20 year olds to know who macca is- even if you didn't know the beatles.

Any kid whose parents remembers the 80s (solo Harrison,Lennon, Macca), or liked britpop (Oasis,Blur) is bound to have introduced their kid to em.

And then there's stuff like this...

[YT]oqQFTq2FIdY[/YT]

Because of the concept that someone might not know who McCartney is?

That music from "them days" kind of just fades as the newer, techno/hip hop generation grows. It is a difference of culture as well, but I grew up in the 90's. I listened to music from the 1950s-1990s, all genres. Beatles were just as popular as AiC and 2Pac, etc. but I respected what all the Beatles did first.

Well it's just a result of exposure. The newer generation of people are exposed to contemporary music just like everyone else was. So I wouldn't be shocked if people didn't know who The Beatles were, or Guns N Roses, A Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, etc.

This is true, it's just interesting to think of some one who doesn't know about the Beatles or Elvis, etc. Their music history only goes so far back, I suppose.

image_zps946b5fe8.jpg

Paul McCartney has sunk to a new low.

Not only does he continue to perform when his voice was completely shot years ago, but now he's mixing with that knobhead Kanye West.

Anyone born after 1985 does not need to know who Paul McCartney is

Anyone born after 1985 does not need to know who Paul McCartney is

And you'll stand corrected. Born in '87, I actually grew up listening to the Beatles (thanks mom and dad) and Paul is my favorite.

This is going to be on Cracked's BS stories list number whatever.

TS is just another one of these "normal" guys who have to feel maligned with the "new generation" they "just don't understand" who are "Doomed", forgetting these little brats are going to get a better education with their ipads before he hits high school than he would have going to college in 2002.

Bow to your leaders and ditch McCartney bro, he just wants your money.

This is a great post. There are kids in kindergarten learning programming. The next generation will be far more intelligent than the previous ones.

This is a great post. There are kids in kindergarten learning programming. The next generation will be far more intelligent than the previous ones.

Tech savvy doesn't equal intelligence, they are not any more intelligent then my generation or any less then the that comes after them.

Last edited:
It's kinda funny and sad how many people got trolled by these tweets. I do think some are legit, but the one's being posted look contrived.

Tech savvy doesn't equal intelligence, they are not any more intelligent then my generation or any less the tne that comes after them.

Yeah let's stop crediting today's younger generation for just being a bit more tech savvy than what we were their age. From my experience as a high school teacher I'll tell you generally these kids are tech smart but life dumb.

I wish I didn't know who he was.

I'm always happy to look down at the young kids and their culture, as there is plenty to criticize.

BUT... all this talk about how the young generation is ruining society is certifiably wrong. Under ANY significant measure, teens today are doing better than teens a couple of decades ago.

High school drop out rates? Way down. Teen pregnancy? Way down. Violence, gangs and fights? Way down. Homophobia and outright racism? Way down. On the qualitative side, the new generation also seems kinder and more inclusive.

Yeah, their skinny jeans and other stuff might be stupid, but our great, wonderful generation of 90s teens did far worse things.

I couldn't survive in high school nowadays. Bunch of beta ass nerds

Macca has been churning out shit tunes for over four decades, It's not surprising Kanye fans don't know who he is.

Whoa whoa whoa...

You mean things that are important to ME may not be important to OTHERS???

Back