Kanye West's fans wonder who Paul McCartney is

Well it's just a result of exposure. The newer generation of people are exposed to contemporary music just like everyone else was. So I wouldn't be shocked if people didn't know who The Beatles were, or Guns N Roses, A Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, etc.

I didn't grow up listening to the Beatles or Zeppelin. My friends are like a 50/50 split on that. I don't know anyone who grew up listening to both. The 80's were really divisive it seems

I don't know whether to laugh or cry!

#realityneedsalaughtrack
Kristen-Bell-Laughing-to-Crying.gif

First of all, TS got trolled.
Secondly, even if it were true, who cares? "The New Generation". You're shocked 15 year olds whose parents grew up listening to 80's music don't know who McCartney is?
Exactly.

I know who he is because my dad listened to the Beatles growing up and I was exposed to that as a kid through him, but how can you expect someone who's parents grew up on Whitesnake and Motley Crew to know who he is?

BTW, I've always felt the Beatles were overrated.

Well it's just a result of exposure. The newer generation of people are exposed to contemporary music just like everyone else was. So I wouldn't be shocked if people didn't know who The Beatles were, or Guns N Roses, A Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, etc.

grew up listening to all of that and more. father n sister were big influences on that when i was younger. dad took care of the classic blues/60s 70s rock n roll explosion
n my sister was all into tribe, eric b n rakim, nwa, ll cool j. classic 80s n 90s rap.

wasnt hard to dabble in both. kids deez days prob dont have a big diverse backround

I didn't grow up listening to the Beatles or Zeppelin. My friends are like a 50/50 split on that. I don't know anyone who grew up listening to both. The 80's were really divisive it seems

See and I wouldn't know anything about that due to how old I am and what music was popular at the time I was growing up.

I would be shocked, since McCartney was putting out certified gold- and platinum-level work throughout the 80's.
And who was buying those albums? The same Beatle fans that had been around for generations.

I just found out he was in a band before Wings. Who knew!

TS is just another one of these "normal" guys who have to feel maligned with the "new generation" they "just don't understand" who are "Doomed", forgetting these little brats are going to get a better education with their ipads before he hits high school than he would have going to college in 2002.

Bow to your leaders and ditch McCartney bro, he just wants your money.

Like was said most likely a troll job.

If you want to find out something ask who Muddy Waters is, BB King, Littler Richard, Bo Diddley, Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis, Bill Haley, Jackie Brenston and Elvis (Elvis was an influence on many rock stars and others).

Can someone explain to me what the fuck is going on? How are they trolling?

Srs.

TS is just another one of these "normal" guys who have to feel maligned with the "new generation" they "just don't understand" who are "Doomed", forgetting these little brats are going to get a better education with their ipads before he hits high school than he would have going to college in 2002.

Bow to your leaders and ditch McCartney bro, he just wants your money.

I'm always happy to look down at the young kids and their culture, as there is plenty to criticize.

BUT... all this talk about how the young generation is ruining society is certifiably wrong. Under ANY significant measure, teens today are doing better than teens a couple of decades ago.

High school drop out rates? Way down. Teen pregnancy? Way down. Violence, gangs and fights? Way down. Homophobia and outright racism? Way down. On the qualitative side, the new generation also seems kinder and more inclusive.

Yeah, their skinny jeans and other stuff might be stupid, but our great, wonderful generation of 90s teens did far worse things.

Srs.

They knew who Paul was but said they did not to get people riled up. Unless you knew that and were trolling with this post. I may be in some sort of trollception here

Srs.

..really? cuz they know who Paul McCartney is. they were screwin around. one of the dudes, i follow on twitter, hes mostly tweeting about music related content. they were playing dumb. but the world took it as "er mer gawd u dont kno who sir paul is wahhh"

a news station even thought that it was horrible that these "twitter-verse" ppl didnt know who he was.

basically the joke was lost on the general public. example: this thread

just gotta b better at noticing the lie. seeing the joke, even if it isn't funny

They knew who Paul was but said they did not to get people riled up. Unless you knew that and were trolling with this post. I may be in some sort of trollception here

:wink:

..really? cuz they know who Paul McCartney is. they were screwin around. one of the dudes, i follow on twitter, hes mostly tweeting about music related content. they were playing dumb. but the world took it as "er mer gawd u dont kno who sir paul is wahhh"

a news station even thought that it was horrible that these "twitter-verse" ppl didnt know who he was.

basically the joke was lost on the general public. example: this thread

just gotta b better at noticing the lie. seeing the joke, even if it isn't funny

See above.

Back