News Kansas Atheltic Commission to offer real time scoring option for MMA promotions

Good. Now do it everywhere else, too.

Not good.

There will be a lot of running in the latter rounds.

They just shouldn't hire retards for the job.

Not good.

This.

Though it’s not a bad concept, think of all the fighters that are going to coast if they know they’re up.

Not good.

I think this is a better approach.

I doubt the ufc will opt for this.

Not good.

There is already guys running out the clock when they THINK they're up, did you see Reyes in the 5th?
How much better could that round have been if both knew it was 2-2?

they tried it in boxing. The reason they don't do it is because it makes it more likely for a fighter to just avoid fighting late.

I’ve watched boxing with open scoring and it doesn’t work

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/28673921/kansas-experiment-option-real-scoring-mma-fights

"After every round, the score of the fight will become public knowledge -- told to the fighters' corners, the broadcast team and the fans in attendance."

The way it should be imo
I think the fighters deserve to know

Not good.

Can understand both points to be honest.

But also: what if there were not three, but five or more judges and not just that, but also judges who'd be better at scoring fights? Would we really be discussing about real time scoring cards in the first place?

The timidity of a fighter trying to coast should be reflected in their score

There is already guys running out the clock when they THINK they're up, did you see Reyes in the 5th?
How much better could that round have been if both knew it was 2-2?
Maybe i'm wrong, but i think he would do the same even if he knew the judges scored it 2-2, maybe try some hail mary shot that would do nothing. Why? He was exhausted and had nothing in him.

Now imagine all the other fights with 100% running.

Imagine a fight with close 2 rounds but the score is known as 20-18, one fighter could just coast even tho otherwise they would have to to fight hard cuz the fight could go either way if you don't already know the current scores.

I cant see how this wouldnt be good. Dont think guys would run if ahead..but they could end that easily by yellow carding a guy not engaging and take 10%, of their pay. The lower paid fighters will always likely go for the bonus money, and 10%, is a good chunk off the high paid fighters. It can go to the other fighter. Incentives to finish the fight should be more, making it something people would actually shoot for and cause point fighters to fade away.

It was a total failure for boxing. I doubt it will work much better for MMA.

I’m torn on this one. It sounds good in a lot of ways, but I’m afraid it will encourage point fighting. If you know for a fact that your up 2 rounds or 3 rounds in a main event, then basically all you have to do is not get finished.

This could have stopped so many Coaches and Fighters from getting the wrong idea where they were on the Scorecards. Some coaches already have a good idea and can tell, others unfortunately misguide their fighters and gave them the idea they were performing better than they really were. I'm looking at you Max Holloway's head coach(Funnily enough Max said something about this on Twitter)

I feel this will also change up the round to round coaching dynamic that will make for more immediate round by round adjustments.

Hopefully this gets implemented.

Yellow cards for stalling to avoid coasting. Pride never die.

Back