• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Kamaru wants a fight with Khamzat before challenging Leon for the title again

Usman should fight Shavkat. Great chance for Shavkat to be number 1 contender after burns/belal

How many reminders does everyone need that Khamzat is moving up to middleweight

Khamzat would've rendered Diaz unconscious. It wouldn't have lasted past R1. Nathan should thank his heavenly stars that Uncle Dana, knowing the terribly poor buy #'s, decided to pull the ole switcheroo.
Yeah, Khamzat looking extremely confident a day before he knew he could no longer run and was actually going to have to step in the ring against Diaz.

"I've made a huge mistake..."

N1iHqq0.jpg

NOW he wants Khazmat ... since he gains the chance of a title shot by eliminating a title contender if he wins.

Smart.

Khazmat adds a huge name to his early career or Usman proves he is not done.

Win/win for UFC.
Def smart timing for him - I say run it!!

NOW he wants Khazmat ... since he gains the chance of a title shot by eliminating a title contender if he wins.

Smart.

Khazmat adds a huge name to his early career or Usman proves he is not done.

Win/win for UFC.

Khamzat doesn't wants anyone, though.

He just lost twice in a row to the champ. One win and another shot? No thanks.

Thats how you do it ..

Colby should take notes .

Usman doing it the right way and i wish him the best.....

That said 8.5 pounds... Mandatory post for a Khamzat thread ..

Khamzat is a MW

Yeah, Khamzat looking extremely confident a day before he knew he could no longer run and was actually going to have to step in the ring against Diaz.

"I've made a huge mistake..."

N1iHqq0.jpg

Exactly.. Khamzat panicked because Nate isnt an easy fight for anyone...and Khamzat was having his worst cut ever.. all while it being his biggest profile fight ever...when ur weight cut is going shit ...and you start hearing all the garbage uve been saying since your first fight ... I KEILL EVERYONE..WW-MW ..DOESNT MATTER...I AM THE CHAMP... Reality... 8.5lbs miss...quit and didnt even try and weigh in...everyone knows the last two pounds are the hardest and thats when he stopped...

11 day notice Diaz subbed Conor in 2 rounds ...full camp Diaz vs Compromised Chimaev...

The real ones already know how that goes...

For an ex champ with 5 title defenses? No
Yeah but he got knocked out and then decisioned fairly convincingly. I’ve gotten to the point now that I almost wouldn’t even want long term champs to get instant rematches anymore because they’ve been ruined by the unnecessary ones. Plus, Usman was dominant but his defenses consist of only three people and Masvidal was not worthy. Especially the second time.

Yeah but he got knocked out and then decisioned fairly convincingly. I’ve gotten to the point now that I almost wouldn’t even want long term champs to get instant rematches anymore because they’ve been ruined by the unnecessary ones. Plus, Usman was dominant but his defenses consist of only three people and Masvidal was not worthy. Especially the second time.
I agree, champs shouldn't get instant rematches if they get finished. But 3 contender fights seems like a lot for Usman.

We also have to factor in the value of those contender fights. If he were to take on like Geoff Neal, it wouldn't help his case that much. But Khamzat is a monster in that division, so I'd give it more weight

Back