• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Kamaru wants a fight with Khamzat before challenging Leon for the title again

Khamzat already beat #2 at ww, what would be the point of this if he stays at 170? 170 title shot or go to MW and fight a contender.

Change some letters around and call out Shavkat instead of Khamzat, Kamaru.

Khamzat would ragdoll Adesanya so much that he would think he was in a rollercoaster.
You mean the Khamzat that went tooth and toenail and was gifted a win vs Gilbert Burns? Nah I don’t think that guy makes it out of the first round

Kamaru would need to finish Khamzat or 50-45 him for another shot at Leon.

Title shot off of one win? Sounds about right. Should be more like 2-3 wins IN A ROW.

Khamzat has been dying for an opponent ranked higher than Burns when he beat him. Atleast someone speaks his name.

If anyone making terrible 170 jokes cared to look into the article they would see he's open to 185.

When asked if he would face Chimaev at the 185-pound middleweight limit, Usman responded, "potentially."

"He's a fighter and I'm a fighter at the end of the day," Usman said. "I fight these guys heart, not their weight. I've been able to deal with middleweights and light heavyweights in the gym. And if he wants a shot at the welterweight strap, you kind of have to give a little bit and show I can get down there and do it. But if it's up a weight, potentially."

Would like to see that fight. I think Usman's confidence will be shot now, despite what he says or how he acts, he isn't the type to admit that; first Leon loss, he could tell himself it was a 'lucky shot', second Leon loss... can't say that; Leon was just better everywhere; not that it was total domination mind you, but, he was still better...

It was a thoroughly won win as opposed to 1 shot, so he can't tell himself that...

Although I think Khamzat's superhuman confidence was knocked a bit from the tough fight with Burns too, as he himself realised 'oh yeah I am human'. But, I still think he'll be more confident and has the skills everywhere else to beat Usman, at this point especially.

If Usman won though, I wouldn't be mad at him having another shot. I'm not a big Usman fan, especially as a person, but I think it's fair to say if anybody has 'earned' that, given he was the champ and had 5 title defences... he should get another crack at getting the belt back.

If Usman is serious, props to him.

I'm not sure Khamzat will ever make it back down that weight, but if he does Kamaru will really test him.

If Khamzat beats Usman, then he writes his own ticket.

khamzat makes 170 a hell of a lot more exciting. im down for this in abu dhabi around october.

I love Usman vs Kham; that would be awesome.

I thought Kham was going to MW though.

Colby fans are trying to force and shame chimaev out of the division .

cowards.

Khamzat already beat #2 at ww, what would be the point of this if he stays at 170? 170 title shot or go to MW and fight a contender.

Meh why complain... Shit like this is why killers don't fight much anymore.

Ya that would be a nice fight. Catch weight? MW? What are the terms here?
I didn't think Usman wanted anything to do with Khamzat, I'd be impressed if he took that fight.

Meh why complain... Shit like this is why killers don't fight much anymore.
I just don’t get the point of Khamzat fighting Usman when he’s already beat the #2 ww. Meanwhile Colby who beat a fringe ranked Masvidal gets a shot off a 1 fight win streak. Kind of stupid no?

Not ok with this. Feed Adesanya to Khamzat instead, that's the fight to make.
Khamzat needs to win a MW fight before getting a title shot. He has a win over Gerald Meerschart so that deserves a title shot? Or maybe it is his scraping a win at WW over Burns? Some guys on here whine about the WW GOAT getting a MW title shot but its OK for a guy to get a shot in the class abover off a SD over a good WW???

Let's just give Khamzat the universal title or something. BKFC gave McGregor a belt just for showing up to watch a fight so there is a precedent.

I would love to see this fight, but I have concerns about Khamzat's ability to make 170lbs without affecting his performance.

It appears that he is stuck between two weight divisions currently and a 175lbs division would be a better fit for him. Ultimately, he needs to decide which weight class he wants to compete in as the 15lbs difference between welterweight and middleweight should not be underestimated.

Some of the top contenders in these divisions have moved down from light-heavyweight, and if Khamzat continues to switch between the two, he may struggle to find the right fit.

If usman beats khamzat and Colby beats Edwards we could get Colby vs Usman 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back