Kamaru Usman vs. Jorge Masvidal - How this fight will play out?

Based on what Usman was able to do to Tyron in terms of takedowns and control on the ground, despite Tyron being both a power puncher and a two time All American wrestler, I think anyone believing Jorge won't get wrassleraped for 5 rounds is sort of delusional.

Masvidal late first or middle second. Possibly the 3rd early 4th late 5th. Or usman in the 5th possibly early 4th or late 3rd or in devastating fashion 1 or 2

Unfortunately usman wins via crotch sniffing, mas shouldnt wash his nuts

Can't wait to go to Cuba this year n meet my gf's family

mas has proven to be difficult to take down. maia had a difficult time with him..and I think he's going to prepare well for usman's wrestling...I'd love to see mas win this...usman is usually good at getting guys down, but not so good at keeping them down...I think if mas can get back up and stay on his feet long enough, he might put usman out. usman does get hit alot...and mas hits far harder than covington does.
I agree. Conditioning might be a big factor in this as well if mas doesnt put usman away early.

Jorge blitzes Usman and continues his hot sizzling streak...

Woodley walked back to the fence, missed with his right hook and just froze all night.

Considering Masvidal just trained and fought Maia, wasn't submitted and trains with Romero and Colby all the time. He might keep the fight standing often enough.
He has better footwork and a bigger arsenal than Woodley + he is younger. He probably will throw more than 4 punches a minute like woodley.
Masvidal is too light though for Usman and also too fat off training camp.

How do you see this fight?

Who do you think will win?

Jorge Masvidal vs. Kamaru Usman -

Christianity vs. Islam
Cuba vs. Nigeria
South America vs. Africa
Striking vs. Grappling
American Top Team vs. Blackzilians

141850382.jpg

I feel it might look like the Maia fight for Masvidal.

He better work on his TDD.
Maia is a jiujitsu guy, he used chained takedowns, and pulling half guard to look for a submission. Maia even said that Masvidal was the toughest guy he has fought as far as the grappling exchanges. That fight still came down to a split decision.

Kamaru will try to push him up to the cage, clinch fight, then go for the takedown, like he did to Woodley. Woodley has gotten away from grappling, as we could all see, relying on his knockout power. Masvidal trains in a wrestler heavy gym, with the likes of Romero and Covington, but unlike Woodley he is comfortable fighting off his back, as he showed in the fight against Maia. Masvidal won’t panic if he gets taken down, and is really good at scrambling.
I can see this turning into a striking match by round 2, in which case I give the advantage to Masvidal, especially since he is far more aggressive nowadays . I think Masvidal is the biggest threat to Usman’s title reign, but if Usman wins, it might be smooth sailing for him for a while.

Usman wrestelfucks him to a decision similar to what Maia did
Marty has a granite chin and a really damn good gas tank a lot better than Masvidal's imo

i can see Jorge holding his end for the first 2 maybe 3 rounds but i think Usman's grueling pace will wear him down to the point where the fight will be somewhat one sided in the later rounds

Last edited:
Street Jesus gets crucified on the canvas cross...

Marty by any outcome he chooses. Mas is a very average fighter and Marty is anything but average.

Christianity vs. Islam
Cuba vs. Nigeria
South America vs. Africa
Striking vs. Grappling
Usman is Christian.
Cuba is not located in South America...
He's also half Peruvian so it still works.

Usman will destroy him just like Khabib destroyed Conor

Christianity vs. Islam
Cuba vs. Nigeria
South America vs. Africa
Striking vs. Grappling

To be perfectly honest I have no idea how the fight will play out probably Usman by wrestle-fuckery , but i know for sure that chick in your AV is crazy fucking hot man , WHEW !!

Lot's of TDs, top control and GNP.

Maia is a jiujitsu guy, he used chained takedowns, and pulling half guard to look for a submission. Maia even said that Masvidal was the toughest guy he has fought as far as the grappling exchanges. That fight still came down to a split decision.

Kamaru will try to push him up to the cage, clinch fight, then go for the takedown, like he did to Woodley. Woodley has gotten away from grappling, as we could all see, relying on his knockout power. Masvidal trains in a wrestler heavy gym, with the likes of Romero and Covington, but unlike Woodley he is comfortable fighting off his back, as he showed in the fight against Maia. Masvidal won’t panic if he gets taken down, and is really good at scrambling.
I can see this turning into a striking match by round 2, in which case I give the advantage to Masvidal, especially since he is far more aggressive nowadays . I think Masvidal is the biggest threat to Usman’s title reign, but if Usman wins, it might be smooth sailing for him for a while.

Good points. We will see.

Romero is training for a striker so im sure they are helping each other out.

As for the Maia split decision, split decisions don't always mean close fight. Sometimes its just the case that one of the judges is blind as was in that fight. Maia won easily imo even Jorge knew it as you can see it in his face that he got dominated.

Back