• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Kamaru Usman looks back on Jan Blachowicz faceoff, still thinks he could've beaten him *UPDATE* Jan responds

At LHW I’d imagine Usman would just be a smaller Corey Anderson without as an effective wrestling game and Jan sorta proved if you don’t have elite striking you won’t last long on the feet with him. Reyes, Rakic, Anderson, Rockhold aren’t bad strikers but they quickly found out striking with Jan isn’t easy. Usman would be heavily undersized even more so than he was against Lhamzat

I can’t see Jan losing this fight in his prime.

What Usman is saying subliminally , is that hes a weight bully and should really be LHW, which confirms what we all knew anyway

“You see my arms next to his?… Everybody was talking about ‘he’s a lightheavyweight’ but I was out there thick on him"

So you basically admit that you cut a lot of weight because you are afraid to fight bigger guys... or guys who have smaller arms than you, actually.

"I’m telling you… I wouldn’t have called for 205 [lbs] if I didn’t think at that point that the style favoured me and I could do it"

Then fight at LHW.
Meanwhile, you are just a WW who is 0-1 at MW and 0-0 at LHW.

"Everybody’s got power when the fight starts, but you grab their leg and you drag him down… the fight completely changes."

So why don't fight at LHW and actually do it, instead of just talking fighting at LHW?

"And that’s exactly what I was gonna do. Glover Texeira did the exact same thing.”

Glover had many fights at LHW, unlike you.

He could potentially win by submission and that's his only avenue very very unlikely

He could also also win by fluke KO
But we're talking about Jan at 205

It's a terrible terrible matchup for him but relax guys he's probably joking

People underestimate Jan so much, and I'm still convinced he beat the LHW champ Pereira as well, no way that was a split decision, Jan won that 2-1. Jan has beat so many top fighters, people always call him out and seem to think he is a soft touch, then when they fight him they realize he is much better than they expected.

People underestimate Jan so much, and I'm still convinced he beat the LHW champ Pereira as well, no way that was a split decision, Jan won that 2-1. Jan has beat so many top fighters, people always call him out and seem to think he is a soft touch, then when they fight him they realize he is much better than they expected.
Yeah, many people seem to only remember the bad night in the office he had against Glover. Then again, many people also give him the props and acknowledge he is good despite not looking good while fighting.

His brain still not recovered from the Edwards highkick

Usman is getting more retarded as time goes by. Was he drinking during this convo? Maybe just joking?

There’s a fine line between believing in yourself and being delusional.

c02279f838fbb9aa74a7da6ca72533ff.gif

Kamaru is my man, but damn, really holmie? Other dude is going to walk in that cage at what, 220 minimum? If he thinks thats easy work then go on up and get some of the lesser 205s just to prove a point.

At this stage, let's just sign papers and figure it out. This hypothetical matchup has gone on way too long.

Reactions: Ruv
Just updated the main post with Jan's reply

Izzy and Kamaru both thought Jan was light work.

Back