Kamaru Usman: “UFC fight in Africa would be bigger than Muhammad Ali’s rumble in the jungle.”

The UFC could do a card with

Conor vs Dustin 4
Khabib vs GSP
Ronda's return
Jones vs Ngannou
Usman vs Izzy

And still not be a fraction as big as The Rumble In the Jungle

Conor vs Dustin 4
Khabib vs GSP
Ronda's return
Jones vs Ngannou
Usman vs Izzy

And Brock vs Fedor. And still not as big.

Reactions: 613

Conor vs Dustin 4
Khabib vs GSP
Ronda's return
Jones vs Ngannou
Usman vs Izzy

More and more numbers are coming from backdoor streaming, I doubt it will get counted in the official numbers anyway.

More and more numbers are coming from backdoor streaming, I doubt it will get counted in the official numbers anyway.
So? There are not a billion people streaming any UFC card. Over a billion people watched Ali vs Foreman on tv and an estimated 50 million bought it on PPV

Not going to lie an event in the Congo or Zaire would be oh so sick

Nigeria if you must

IF he means in numbers, obviously yes.
What the fuck? The war stopped to watch the fight. It had over a billion TV viewers and an estimated 50 million PPV sales ($20 a PPV. Equal to $100 today). No combination of any fighters (Boxing and MMA mixed together) could do a fraction of the numbers Ali vs Foreman did

It’s been nearly 50 years since the Rumble In the Jungle and people of all walks of life, all around the world still talk about it. Muhammad Ali is regarded by most as the greatest fighter of all time. George Foreman is unquestionably the hardest hitting fighter in the history of combat sports.

There’s a lot of welterweight champs out there but only ONE world champ. Usman ain’t pretty enough to be world champ.

Muhammad%2BAli%2BTraining%2BRare%2Bspeed%2Bbag-2.gif

Ali Bomaye!

What the fuck? The war stopped to watch the fight. It had over a billion TV viewers and an estimated 50 million PPV sales ($20 a PPV. Equal to $100 today). No combination of any fighters (Boxing and MMA mixed together) could do a fraction of the numbers Ali vs Foreman did
holy shit i just guessed that since it happened way back in the day that ppl wouldnt bother paying for ppv, 50 million is ridiculous

You guys underestimate the amount of joy and pride the African Continent would have if they got to see their African heritage champions fight in one night all on the same card. It would be globally massive and just as important as the Rumble in the Jungle was if they promote it right.

It wouldn't matter as much to the globe as the Rumble in the Jungle but a fight in Nigeria with Usman and Izzy on the card would be insane and do huge numbers. Nigerians around the world would show the fuck out.

Lots of Princes in Africa who can afford them tickets....

holy shit i just guessed that since it happened way back in the day that ppl wouldnt bother paying for ppv, 50 million is ridiculous
Most people couldn't get ppv. But I believe most of the ppv sales were movie theatres that bought the fight.

You guys underestimate the amount of joy and pride the African Continent would have if they got to see their African heritage champions fight in one night all on the same card. It would be globally massive and just as important as the Rumble in the Jungle was if they promote it right.
The Rumble In The Jungle was the biggest sporting even in history. Ali by himself was bigger than the whole sport of mma. You think it would get over a billion viewers and 50 million PPV sales? Because that's what the Rumble In The Jungle did. It's completely delusional to think it would be anywhere close to as globally massive or important

Back