Kamaru Usman: “UFC fight in Africa would be bigger than Muhammad Ali’s rumble in the jungle.”

Heeellll nooo

Usman better relax with even comparing himself to Ali

Yeah... No. No sportive event draws that much. Not even... No. No.

wtf is dude talking about...

Rumble in the Jungle is the greatest victory in combat sports history...Ali's stature as a worldwide civil rights icon along with regaining the title in a massive upset in Africa is some Illiad type shit.

It's almost impossible to think of a victory that could surpass the significance and magnitude of that fight.

A UFC show would have to draw in nearly 2 billion people to be the equivalent of rumble in the jungle. Hell, can all the UFC ppvs combined even reach 50 million viewers?

if he was lucky, it would do 1%

That's not even an exaggeration....

Nothing could be bigger than the Rumble in the Jungle

It happened 47yrs ago and people still talk about it

If I recall correctly...

When the Rumble In the Jungle happened. There was no fighting or deaths do to combat in Northern Ireland that day.

EVERYONE was watching that fight.

That's not going to be duplicated.

I mean yeah never say never if it was a fighter that’s had the cross over impact of a Conor, Ronda, or even GSP saying it… As much as I like Marty, there’s no way anything headlined by him, no matter where it takes place, beats rumble in the jungle…
True

your going to need a good name if your going to compete with rumble in the jungle

Last Stand in the Sand ?

Oh yeah, I’m sure people would be lined up for miles to watch Marty fight in Africa. <DontBelieve1>

If Colby said something like this people be pumped and probably agree with him lol

Dude you’re in every Colby thread or bring him up in threads that have nothing to do with him. Take a breather. What Usman said was dumb and had nothing to do with Colby, and that’s ok.

Ali was one if the most famous people in the history of the world. Usman is tripping.

Man, I'd never even heard of this Rumble in the Jungle thing until this thread.

I don't really watch boxing though and it was before I was born, but still, weird as shit to me that I hadn't heard of it before. Reading about it and it sounded amazing.

There's an incredible documentary about it that won an Oscar. Its called When We Were Kings. You should watch it.

So hes gonna bore them to death as they starve to death.....

Last edited:
IF he means in numbers, obviously yes. But rumble in the jungle was one of the most important fights of Ali's career, the greatest, and it's not like Kamaru is currently anywhere near his level in status.

I doubt even Africans find Usman THAAAT scintillating.

Back