• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Justin Timberlake Forced To Apologize For Complimenting Jessie William's BET Awards Speech

Who cares about this appropriation bullshit?

Black people are welcome to appropriate Progressive Metal/Rock. I am standing here with open arms.

Black people are welcome to appropriate Progressive Metal/Rock. I am standing here with open arms.
You can't even fathom the level of talent required to...err...rhyme words..?

You can't even fathom the level of talent required to...err...rhyme words..?
If I could fathom, my albums would be platinum. But I have no talent, and my rhymes they do not jive so I'm just a white boy in an office, working daily 9 to 5.

If I could fathom, my albums would be platinum. But I have no talent, and my rhymes they do not jive so I'm just a white boy in an office, working daily 9 to 5.

word-to-your-mother.jpg

I don't give two shits about it, all it does it put more emphasize on race and cause people to divide even more. To say that someone shouldn't be allowed to do or say something based solely on the color of their skin is a huge step backwards and does far more to promote racism than it does to fight it.

Ahhhhhh black people going full racist. I guess that's the cool thing to do in 2016. It's interesting that while pretty much everybody is probably racist, the blacks are the ones really acting out their racism.

Interesting.

Ahhhhhh black people going full racist. I guess that's the cool thing to do in 2016. It's interesting that while pretty much everybody is probably racist, the blacks are the ones really acting out their racism.

Interesting.

A lot of people still firmly believe that black people cannot be racist due to racism requiring power or some bullshit like that. But at what point do you call a spade a spade? When one race is trying to control what another race is allowed to say and do that is racism through and through.

The word Racism has been drug through the dirt so much lately though that it has lost it's real meaning. It's gotten to the point where something like this isn't considered racist but a girl wearing a dream catcher in here hair is.

Last edited:
Fuck Jessie Williams. He seems like a racist pile of shit. And Justin Timberlake lol this fuckin liberal asswipe made my week. I love it. Fuck em all.

Fuck Jessie Williams. He seems like a racist pile of shit. And Justin Timberlake lol this fuckin liberal asswipe made my week. I love it. Fuck em all.

Hadn't even heard of him before this, funny that all these super progressive white people are starting to realize even they are not immune to this kind of stuff.

Fuck this "appropriating culture" horse shit.
It's astounding.
I suppose those same people leveling the accusation will go through all the things in their daily lives that "belong" to other cultures than their own and immediately stop using and doing them.

Fine, no more white people making rap music.

But nobody except Jews get to have laws in their society.

And nobody except Babylonians, Mayans and Indians get to use the number zero in their mathematics for any purpose.
Fuck that I'm still gonna use zeros 0 0000 0 0 00

people need to learn how to stand by their comments

I'm sorry about my previous post . I really should've have referred to you guys as people .

I dont know who jessie williams is. But justin just shouldnt be so quick to walk away. Just remember what goes around comes around.

Justin Timberlake has received a lot of heat on social Media for a tweet he made about a speech Jessie William's made at the BET Awards

Here is the Tweet

I haven't listened to the speech but apparently it was about white people appropriating black culture, and many people felt Justin shouldn't be allowed to make any statements on the topic because he is white and that he himself has "appropriated" black culture.

The backlash continued when he posted a tweet about how we are all one race, the Human race

Since then Justin has apologized because you know, it's either that or lose your career.

Personally I'm outraged, how dare he compliment a speech on such a dumb topic.

The bolded is where you went wrong. You didn't hear or read the speech but you are starting a conversation about it, and much worse, passing judgement. Hello ignorance, nice to meet you.

Lots of people in this thread exposing their ignorance.

The speech was more about begging for real change, real equality and freedom for all. He mentioned black people that were killed by public servants, and suggested that even though people insist things have gotten better, there is still a very long way to go. He criticizes black people for not doing more to support their own.

At the very end there was a line about people taking things black people have created, trying it out like it was a costume, then tossing it aside without giving proper credit, not acknowledging the struggles of the black community.

I already know someone is going to respond to this with some fantastic bullshit, I'm not really going to bother to debate any of that, I just wanted to point out that it is ignorant to express views, pass judgment, without really understanding what he was talking about.

And yes, black people can be racist. There are many that are guilty of misunderstanding issues and reacting in the wrong way. Jessie Williams is not one of those people.

The bolded is where you went wrong. You didn't hear or read the speech but you are starting a conversation about it, and much worse, passing judgement. Hello ignorance, nice to meet you.

Lots of people in this thread exposing their ignorance.

The speech was more about begging for real change, real equality and freedom for all. He mentioned black people that were killed by public servants, and suggested that even though people insist things have gotten better, there is still a very long way to go. He criticizes black people for not doing more to support their own.

At the very end there was a line about people taking things black people have created, trying it out like it was a costume, then tossing it aside without giving proper credit, not acknowledging the struggles of the black community.

I already know someone is going to respond to this with some fantastic bullshit, I'm not really going to bother to debate any of that, I just wanted to point out that it is ignorant to express views, pass judgment, without really understanding what he was talking about.

And yes, black people can be racist. There are many that are guilty of misunderstanding issues and reacting in the wrong way. Jessie Williams is not one of those people.

I never criticized his speech, simply the idea of Cultural Appropriation, I referred to it as a dumb topic because I think it is one. I started a conversation about the backlash Justin Timberlake received for simply complimenting the speech, not about the speech itself. I agree that there are still problems between races, I just don't think Cultural appropriation is really a problem. The reason why I am solely focusing on that aspect of the speech is because that is the main aspect that Justin received backlash for, which lead to this whole ordeal.

I'm getting hungry. I'm going to go appropriate some Mexican culture.

Back