• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Andre Arlovski still fighting in the ufc is crazy

I remember when he was champ, he was a scary looking dude especially with that wild hair, fangs, alpha chest hair AND he was in super shape (and possibly a wee bit of peds).

A lot of you sherpups probably don't remember 2005/2006 arlovski as the beast below:

duueo91ytry41.jpg

prime and not prime
2c661-16668856484309-1920.jpg
Peak AA is the perfect frame and build for HW imo. Big and strong but had a gas tank, explosive.

Dudes my fav of all time just because of how he goes about it, and all the things you mentioned about his champ run and look.

Dude’s devoloped a boring, but safe style. That’s why he’s come thus far. Good for him. Last time he got a finish was back in 15’. His last 10 wins are all by decision.

Him and Overeem, I think a lot of us expected their careers to be over multiple times but they kept coming back for spells and going on winning streaks. Very resilient, are HWs just built differently?

Makes me think of Chuck. Guy looks incredible to this day, but years ago when he tried to come back against Tito you saw him move and something was just wrong. I can't explain why it's different for some guys.
Chuck looks incredible? Wtf?

He's got to be the only fighter who had his first MMA fight in the last century....right?

Considering he fights at heavyweight with a glass chin, mediocre defense and hes old now, it's hilarious. He's a walking UFC anomaly

I feel like arlovski hasn’t been even remotely interesting to watch since his Travis Browne fight. Unless you count the couple of knockout losses he suffered since this time, it’s all decisions all the time to worse and worse competition.

They're feeding him a lot of money to fight bums. Dana has a soft spot for him. If he were treated like other fighters he'd have been fed to the wolves and cut.

He is being the stepping stone for the younger guys, but he beats them, and losses when he reaches a certain level. Let the man make that $$$. One fight probably more than his heavyweight title run

Does Chuck look great? When I see footage of him he looks very out of shape and gasping for air. Dude is a legend though so who cares.

Arlovski’s longevity is definitely surprising but his fights are also incredibly boring now.

he is not expected to have high quality or entertaining fights. he is waaaaaaaay past it. it is a miracle that he is still able to compete as a professional. i stopped caring about his fights along time ago but it is still impressive that he can hang with the low lvl guys in the ufc.

He’s scheduled to fight at ufc 303
I'm as big of a Pitbull fan as they come but he's gone from contender, to koing bums, to winning three rounds with sharp boxing, to only two rounds of cardio with sharp boxing, to only ONE round of cardio boxing to lose 29-28 to bums. The UFC gotta cut him loose and end this.

I don't like how they cut uberreem and kept him when Overeem was fighting monsters.

Just think about when he was champion. There were only 4 divisions (WW, MW, LHW, HW) and no women's divisions at all. The other champions at the time were Hughes, Chuck, and Franklin all retired for at least 12 years unless you count Chuck vs Tito 3. It's quite incredible that he's still fighting.

Him and Overeem, I think a lot of us expected their careers to be over multiple times but they kept coming back for spells and going on winning streaks. Very resilient, are HWs just built differently?

Makes me think of Chuck. Guy looks incredible to this day, but years ago when he tried to come back against Tito you saw him move and something was just wrong. I can't explain why it's different for some guys.

AA and AO never stopped.

Chuck was 48 when he fought Tito in that ridiculous shit show.

You can't just get off the couch for an 8 week camp at damn near 50 and expect to be in shape.

It really is insane. Dude won the title coming up on 20 years ago lol.

It’s not an easy way to make a living. I know $300K paychecks sound nice, but after he pays trainers and gym fees he’s not left with much. That’s kind of cheap for getting your brain knocked around

Back