News Justin Gaethje set to face Donald 'Cowboy' Cerrone on Sept. 14 in Vancouver

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Another pressure fighter for teh cowboy

Always hate rooting aginst cowboy but Gaethje is the man

Break him

Cerrone will definitely be missed when he's gone.

The man is crazy. He'll fight anyone anywhere anytime.

Thank you Cowboy for everything but with that said, Justin by brutal KO in this one

War Gaethje

Gaethe has hit his stride. But cowboy is a hard fight for anyone

I'm not surprised Gaethje is winning this poll but I am shocked by how much... This should be pretty damn fun.

ohhh shit

Cowboy fighting the 2 best pressure fighters in the division b2b and 2 of the best in the entire sport

Gaethje TKO

I'll be the first to vote Donald. Gaethge is exploitable and over rated.

Donald sets traps, Justin charges thru traps.
Cowboy by KO under 2.5 rounds.

I'm afraid for Cerrone.

This fight has Just Bleed/10 all over it.

I'll be the first to vote Donald. Gaethge is exploitable and over rated.

Donald sets traps, Justin charges thru traps.
Cowboy by KO under 2.5 rounds.

Justin's trap is lulling opponents into thinking he's only a brawler and not a technical one. His leg kicks are the best in the division, his jab is accurate, he punishes lack of head movement(Cerrone hole), and will land sneaky body shots when his opponent raises their guard(Cerrone hole).

I'm not counting out Cerrone but he'll have to have his best performance against a pressure fighter yet.

Justin's trap is lulling opponents into thinking he's only a brawler and not a technical one. His leg kicks are the best in the division, his jab is accurate, he punishes lack of head movement(Cerrone hole), and will land sneaky body shots when his opponent raises their guard(Cerrone hole).

I'm not counting out Cerrone but he'll have to have his best performance against a pressure fighter yet.
That’s a good analysis of Gaethje’s stand up. Also, he utilizes the shell defense better than almost anyone in MMA. For a guy who stays in the pocket so much, he probably would have a lot more knockout loses than he does if he wasn’t so good at covering up

Has this been officially confirmed? I don’t see anything on any legit social media outlets or anything from Dana White.

Cowboy teased a fight “with a buddy” but I really think he’s talking about Paul Felder. But that fight seems to be to far out, Felder is fighting Barboza in September.

Still can’t find a legit source confirming this banger tho

Has this been officially confirmed? I don’t see anything on any legit social media outlets or anything from Dana White.

Cowboy teased the fight but I really think he’s talking about Paul Felder. But that fight seems to be to far out, Felder is fighting Barboza in September.

Still can’t find a legit source confirming this banger tho
Kevin Iole isn't legit? MMA Junkie reported it as well.

I hope Gaethje wins but I think he's going to get thoroughly outclassed and destroyed against LW Cerrone.

Inside 2 rounds, sub or tko.

Gaethje may be a pressure fighter but his defense is severely lacking. I think Cowboy does what he did to Hernandez.

@Arkridge well there it is

Not what I thought would be short notice but damn this fight is fuckin nuts

That’s a good analysis of Gaethje’s stand up. Also, he utilizes the shell defense better than almost anyone in MMA. For a guy who stays in the pocket so much, he probably would have a lot more knockout loses than he does if he wasn’t so good at covering up

Agreed, his defense has benefited his style perfectly. It was part of what made the Alvarez gameplan so impressive. The body work exploited it and ofc. the finishing knee.

He will have to be wary of Cerrone's step in knees. Donald really brought Hernandez's early pressure to a screeching halt with those. Also the front kick which dropped Al(as it would most LWs).

Yikes. This gonna be brutal. Justin via KO

Back