News Justin Gaethje is Pissed Off with UFC But Expects to Fight Edson Barboza in March

Justin "I will fight only strikers, even if I will have to wait 1 year" Geathje.

Gaithje has proven tdd...from what I have seen in his fights..given also he was a college wrestler...and he's a very good wrestler, who just chooses to stand and bang.

Wow that fight would be some just bleed madness. For Gaethje's sake though, I really hope he doesn't try to trade leg kicks with Barboza. He won't be able to walk the same way ever again after the fight.

Shit, maybe I'm in the minority but I think Gaethje's leg kicks are as good as Barboza's. Plus Gaethje isn't going to wilt when the pressure is on like Barboza does. I don't think he'll handle Gaethje's pressure well at all.
I think Gaethje is gonna be too slow and willing to get hit. Edson is a dangerous guy to try to stand and bang with. I'm Edson gets a TKO via knees due to JG's lazy clinch game

I am expecting this

But his two losses were more exciting then 99% of the other UFC fighters are in their best wins.
He will always be a crowdpleaser, wich at the end of the day might be better then being the champ, because that became meaningless in the last few years.
But maybe try something different? I don't know what's goin on and why he isn't booked, he fought 6 months ago. Geathje vs Vick did poor tv ratings, then maybe UFC don't see him as something attractive for viewers? Remember they started new deal with ESPN, Justin made poor ratings vs Vick, and only Vick was trying to sell fight...He also fought 4 fights in UFC, was his contract renewed? Maybe he is just waiting for some good oponnent to ask for better money, it's reasonable, but imo he is wasting his time and Barboza fought not that long ago, really doubt he will be able to fight around March...I understand that fighters want more exciting oponnents, so you know bonuses are more possible.
It's really weird that he is not booked.

He tried to get his win money guaranteed even if he loses? He really is a CTE specimen.

Lots of fighters get paid this way. 100% show money, no win bonus. Maybe you have CTE. It’s most common in championship fights, but it’s been a theme at HW for years, regardless of the fighters championship standings.

Of course cheap ass UFC didn't bump his pay. U Fight Cheap.

Learn it.

Barboza should be next for him that's the fight makes sense & Gaethje shouldn't bitch about rankings, it's not like he beat anyone to deserve it.

Styles make fights and this is easy work for Edson..... even not so great version of Edson and last win for Barboza didn't too much for him except some much needed confidence.

Back