Justin Buchholz finally admits Faber is a problem

Kaiokenrye24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

Justin Buchholz criticizes tam's coaching structure and Faber's increased involvement. Faber is ruining Garbandt's potential. He immediately dismisses the "Cody was emotional" reason for why no love lost to TJ because he feeds off his emotions and it worked fine against Dom Cruz.

I dont even think Buchholz is a good hc, but having him as a hc is better than whatever Tam is doing now. From unranked to champ in one calender year to getting his asswhooped even worse than the first time against TJ. Safe to say Faber's ego is toxic and tam fighters should get a clue and follow TJ, Benavides, Palmer etc out the door

Urijah loves the smell of his own farts no doubt

TAM needs to get their shit together ASAP and get a head coach or else all those fighters need to leave.

They’re in a state of dysfunction and have been for a while now. Hope they get it together.

Urijah is the king of the manlets. Theres no reasoning with him.

TAM needs to get their shit together ASAP and get a head coach or else all those fighters need to leave.

They’re in a state of dysfunction and have been for a while now. Hope they get it together.
They had a small resurgence with Buchholz but Faber's ego drove him out the door

Cody isn't better than TJ, that's why he lost. Chances are he isn't better than most of the top 5-10 either, he had a quick rise to the title but he never really proved himself to be an elite fighter imo. His win against Cruz will be the best win of his career, by far. I like Cody, he is fun to watch, but he's also gonna go down as one of the weakest champs of this decade.

Cody isn't better than TJ, that's why he lost. Chances are he isn't better than most of the top 5-10 either, he had a quick rise to the title but he never really proved himself to be an elite fighter imo. His win against Cruz will the best win of his career, by far.
To date that's the best win of any 135er

Cody lost to the better fighter ... simple as that

you may be right. but it's crazy to me how the same cody can resoundingly win against cruz, and look so bad against tj. hard to not imagine that emotions played a big role in those two fights.

Cody isn't better than TJ, that's why he lost. Chances are he isn't better than most of the top 5-10 either, he had a quick rise to the title but he never really proved himself to be an elite fighter imo. His win against Cruz will the best win of his career, by far. I like Cody, he is fun to watch, but he's also gonna go down as one of the weakest champs of this decade.
Cody is the most talented 135er in history with the backing of the ufc, he actually got worse because of bad coaching, while TJ always gets better

To date that's the best win of any 135er
Yeah that's what makes it crazy, dude got a title shot off of beating Mizugaki. He never fought any of the top guys besides Thomas, and Thomas has been exposed since then. He is in for a rude awakening if he fights any of the top 5. His win against Cruz was like two stars colliding. His style was perfect for cruz, and his counters were on point the whole night while Cruz kept exposing himself throwing low kicks. That one win fooled many into thinking he is a top 5 guy, he isn't and many will find out soon. I know I'll get hate cause Cody has alot of fans, but I'm just being honest and I'll be proven right in the coming years.

you may be right. but it's crazy to me how the same cody can resoundingly win against cruz, and look so bad against tj. hard to not imagine that emotions played a big role in those two fights.
Cody feeds off his emotions, he was emotional against Cruz too. TJ and bang identified Cody's weaknesses and made a gameplan. That is why you have a headcoach

Cody feeds off his emotions, he was emotional against Cruz too. TJ and bang identified Cody's weaknesses and made a gameplan. That is why you have a headcoach

please give examples of how cody was emotional against cruz. or at least as emotional, in comparison to the tj fight. from my perspective, he was cool like a cucumber in that fight. guy was having a great time in there with him. i just don't agree with your assessment of his emotions during that fight.

Thats old news now. I do feel sorry for all the talent TAM has and that does not get a chance at being coached right because the owner has a giant chip on his shoulder.

There was a constant loss of quality over the last 2 years even if quietly. Guys like Palmer and Benavidez were at the core of TAM. It really looks like even the closest training partners of Faber lost patience and do not think it will ever change.

Keep in mind this is now going on for more than a decade. Chad is kind of the last one from the old guard (who is not in a coaching position) and he cross trains also at other locations to get enough supervision. Imo the ship has sailed with TAM. Faber will never change so in the end its a nice facility to develop talent but they will always seriously lack high level refinement.

Team Napolean complex seems more concerned with pointless high school drama than MMA.

Perhaps that is why fighters are leaving and guys are plateauing.

Too much ego, too many cooks in the kitchen, too many meatheads listening to meatheads who act like they know what they are talking about.

please give examples of how cody was emotional against cruz. or at least as emotional, in comparison to the tj fight. from my perspective, he was cool like a cucumber in that fight. guy was having a great time in there with him. i just don't agree with your assessment of his emotions during that fight.
Cody didn't fight emotional against TJ(in the 2nd fight), he fought stupid not emotional. He was very emotional in the build up to the fight with Cruz and it served him well. Garbandt was stoic this entire week,he looked very excited and loose walking out, He lost because he didn't have good coaching where he developed bad habits for TJ to exploit.

Faber should be the public face of the team and handle the business side. If he wants that team to succeed, he needs to hire a stud trainer and let him go to work without any interference.

Write the checks and shut your mouth Uriah. That’s what smart business people do. Hire the best peopl and let them earn for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back