Justin Buchholz finally admits Faber is a problem

I remember when 90% of Sherdog was on Cody/TAMs side until Cody lost to TJ.

Even after Cody and TAM embarrassing themselves on TUF.

Bandwagoners.

Been on TJs side the whole time.
He's never been a "snake" for leaving the team.
He was just the 1st to see Faber and TAM were dicks.

Thanks TS, very interesting.

As a side, Master Tong is a very underrated MMA personality. By all accounts he can actually be an extremely good coach, but his addiction to gambling and overall zaniness make him unreliable and thereby untrustworthy. I bet you this guy has been in some shenanigans in his day.

Imagine him coaching Jon Jones. There’d probably be a body in the trunk.

Any time an Alpha male fighter is on a ppv I can never watch the embeddeds because of Uriah

corny ass dime store Tony Robbins bullshit

Thanks TS, very interesting.

As a side, Master Tong is a very underrated MMA personality. By all accounts he can actually be an extremely good coach, but his addiction to gambling and overall zaniness make him unreliable and thereby untrustworthy. I bet you this guy has been in some shenanigans in his day.

Imagine him coaching Jon Jones. There’d probably be a body in the trunk.
Or the Hangover part 4

i figured he was a problem when i heard his our long show about Dwayne ludwig....if tj is doing well with ludwig and bas loves ludwig then maybe control freak faber is the problem.

you may be right. but it's crazy to me how the same cody can resoundingly win against cruz, and look so bad against tj. hard to not imagine that emotions played a big role in those two fights.

The difference is TJ has power to finish people while Cruz hits like a pre pubescent girl. Like its no rocket science.

Cody didn't fight emotional against TJ(in the 2nd fight), he fought stupid not emotional. He was very emotional in the build up to the fight with Cruz and it served him well. Garbandt was stoic this entire week,he looked very excited and loose walking out, He lost because he didn't have good coaching where he developed bad habits for TJ to exploit.

The Cody that fought Cruz was the same Cody that fought TJ twice.

Cruz doesnt have the power to bust a grape. Cruz hit Cody with the same shots TJ hit Cody with. The difference is TJ has power to put dudes down while Cruz doesnt

Cody needs to leave that team. He needs a fresh camp and perspective..

Cody isn't better than TJ, that's why he lost. Chances are he isn't better than most of the top 5-10 either, he had a quick rise to the title but he never really proved himself to be an elite fighter imo. His win against Cruz will be the best win of his career, by far. I like Cody, he is fun to watch, but he's also gonna go down as one of the weakest champs of this decade.

You guys are unbelievable!! Cody has only lost to 1 guy... a fighter, who happens to be 1 of the greatest 135 pound fighters ever!! Now you are looking for someone to blame!

Faber is an absolute legend of the sport. T A M has produced 2 out of 3 of the best BW fighters of all-time, 1 of whom happens to be TJ!! Way to put things into perspective.

How old is Cody??? What was TJ’s record and what had he accomplished up to that point, when he was Cody’s age???

Cody is still an incredible fighter. If you can’t see that, that just shows how much you don’t know.

Who's more talented?
Uhh, TJ?

Cody is a good offensive puncher. Nothing more.

TJ came from grappling to be the best striker in the division.

Also, he has what, 2 top 10 wins? Lol his lack of defense and chin will catch up to him. Hard to say how talented a guy is when he's fought 4 fights vs top 10 guys and is 2-2 in those fights.

"Talent" isn't keeping your chin up and out while throwing punches. This thing that neophytes do where a fighter wins a couple fights and is all of a sudden the GOAT in the division is hilarious.

You guys are unbelievable!! Cody has only lost to 1 guy... a fighter, who happens to be 1 of the greatest 135 pound fighters ever!! Now you are looking for someone to blame!

Faber is an absolute legend of the sport. T A M has produced 2 out of 3 of the best BW fighters of all-time, 1 of whom happens to be TJ!! Way to put things into perspective.

How old is Cody??? What was TJ’s record and what had he accomplished up to that point, when he was Cody’s age???

Cody is still an incredible fighter. If you can’t see that, that just shows how much you don’t know.

<PlusJuan>

We shall see, but I don't think he's that great. He beat Thomas who has shown to have very little defense just like Cody, and then he beat 22-13 Mizugaki. Cody is a solid top 10, but not top 5. He got a lot of his hype from the Tuf show which featured Conor(biggest star in UFC history). He's a classic example of a young guy getting rushed to the title after not proving himself against the best, except he actually beat Cruz. His style really checkmated Cruz in that fight, He just sat back and used Cruz's Volume strikes against him. I personally think he loses his next fight too, unless they give him a guy outside the top 5-7.
tenor.gif

I kind of feel that when bang left, they knew that they were circling down. That’s why they gave tj got so much shit.

Cody needs to wake up. He has a lot of potential.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back