Justified Season 4

The ending surprised the shit out of me. With no one character as the main enemy, anyone think the show's about to take out one of the Crowders or perhaps one of the Marshals?

I found this last episode a bit underwhelming except for Nicky's character. He's fucking awesome. "I'm gonna need Google translate if I'm gonna keep talking to you." The scene with Ellen May and Limehouse was also great, but that was countered by an equally bad scene with Ellen May and the church girl, then Eva. Boring. And I just don't think a guy like Colton would choose suicide by cop. Not at this point. I didn't care for that.

The ending surprised the shit out of me. With no one character as the main enemy, anyone think the show's about to take out one of the Crowders or perhaps one of the Marshals?

I think its Nicky's time to go, setting up more with Theo Tonin for next season.

And I just don't think a guy like Colton would choose suicide by cop. Not at this point. I didn't care for that.

That made sense to me, given how much time the show has put into showing us how unstable he has become. He was looking at the death sentence or life in prison after all.

That made sense to me, given how much time the show has put into showing us how unstable he has become. He was looking at the death sentence or life in prison after all.
Death sentence or life in prison for what? He didn't have to admit to killing Tim's friend. On the cell phone, from the sniper perch, he was careful to describe the situation as it was as a hypothetical (nor was it his phone, nor do I recall him admitting his identity). He didn't technically abduct or abuse Ellen May.

The only thing they could get him for, I suppose, would be on Drew's testimony, and it seems that would be feeble. They really didn't have him dead to rights on anything major unless I'm forgetting something.

Death sentence or life in prison for what? He didn't have to admit to killing Tim's friend. On the cell phone, from the sniper perch, he was careful to describe the situation as it was as a hypothetical (nor was it his phone, nor do I recall him admitting his identity). He didn't technically abduct or abuse Ellen May.

The only thing they could get him for, I suppose, would be on Drew's testimony, and it seems that would be feeble. They really didn't have him dead to rights on anything major unless I'm forgetting something.

Yeah, there are holes in this show for sure. But I personally watch it for the dialogue and the characters -this show is pretty decent at developing certain characters and making them interesting. There are some throw aways too, but for a non-HBO/Showtime based series I think its fairly well done overall. Its certainly the 1st cop drama show I have been able to sit down and watch since 'The Wire' -which wasn't really a cop dram if we're being honest.

Put in short, this is one of the few 'generic' type of shows show that I think I have ever had an interest in because they don't roll out the assembly line story boards that alot of other cop shows roll out. They mix it up a bit.

All of that said, this has been my least favorite season so far.

Yeah, there are holes in this show for sure. But I personally watch it for the dialogue and the characters -this show is pretty decent at developing certain characters and making them interesting. There are some throw aways too, but for a non-HBO/Showtime based series I think its fairly well done overall. Its certainly the 1st cop drama show I have been able to sit down and watch since 'The Wire' -which wasn't really a cop dram if we're being honest.

Put in short, this is one of the few 'generic' type of shows show that I think I have ever had an interest in because they don't roll out the assembly line story boards that alot of other cop shows roll out. They mix it up a bit.

All of that said, this has been my least favorite season so far.
Oh, indeed, the show is riddled with incongruities, far-fetched devices, and a corn-pone portraiture of Harlan County that doesn't actually exist, but I forgive it all of that because the characters/dialogue carry such artistry. But that was my problem with Colton dying. The show gets its characters right. I was 100% with the show when Mag drank her own poison as the end of season 2. But Colton just isn't someone who would do what they had him do. That wasn't him at all. I felt betrayed. I felt that he and Tim deserved a more gritty showdown.

I'd imagine there's enough evidence to get him. Tying his cigarettes to the scene of the crime, the bullet casing, etc. The fact he just admitted his guilt.

Patton Oswald fight scene was great, and the scene at the school with Raylan and Patton.

Oh, indeed, the show is riddled with incongruities, far-fetched devices, and a corn-pone portraiture of Harlan County that doesn't actually exist, but I forgive it all of that because the characters/dialogue carry such artistry. But that was my problem with Colton dying. The show gets its characters right. I was 100% with the show when Mag drank her own poison as the end of season 2. But Colton just isn't someone who would do what they had him do. That wasn't him at all. I felt betrayed. I felt that he and Tim deserved a more gritty showdown.

I was let down with the final conflict as well. I actually thought for a minute they might kill off Tim. Throughout the season Colton didn't seem like the guy who would just throw away his life all of a sudden. If he was going to be that careless, he should've split town after he lost Ellen May. That's the only disappointing thing about the season, IMO.

As far as Harlan. I live a couple counties away, and the show is actually pretty accurate with some of the stuff that goes on down there.

To me the dialogue in this show is spectacular. Givens is completely witty and Olyphant nails it. I enjoy this show a lot.

"i'm suspended".. that line got me rolling..

Great ending to the season. Absolutely love the dialogue on this show. Great writers and the acting is just fantastic.

How is this show not getting more attention here?

Awesome finale, one of my favorite current shows.

It is my favorite current show but I never post in here because I don't have anything worthwhile to contribute.

I'm still trying to figure out why Sammy Tonin is always being under estimated.

It's one of the best shows on TV.

It doesn't get more attention on Sherdog because there's not a lot to bitch about. You've been to the TWD thread, so you know what I mean.:)

I wish Nicky Augustine stuck around. Mike O'Malley was awesome.

couple episodes into S4 right now. good show. lots of great, memorable performances from some very talented actors. Timothy Olyphant sucks though. He's got great comedic timing and I like his banter with the various characters (Boyd in particular), but he cannot play the angry hardass bit at all. his mannerisms are so forced and unnatural. reminds me of Carlos Condit trying to mean mug. I hated him in Deadwood too.

in fact, Raylan as a character is pretty boring. I don't care a whole lot for him or his cunt of an ex.

anyway, this seems like the weakest season so far but I have a ways to go.

couple episodes into S4 right now. good show. lots of great, memorable performances from some very talented actors. Timothy Olyphant sucks though. He's got great comedic timing and I like his banter with the various characters (Boyd in particular), but he cannot play the angry hardass bit at all. his mannerisms are so forced and unnatural. reminds me of Carlos Condit trying to mean mug. I hated him in Deadwood too.

in fact, Raylan as a character is pretty boring. I don't care a whole lot for him or his cunt of an ex.

anyway, this seems like the weakest season so far but I have a ways to go.

I couldn't disagree more. He got this role because he was such an awesome bad ass in Deadwood, and he isn't disappointing.

He's an intense bastard and I love him in the role.

Back