Justice will be served: Jones wants REMATCH

It's the perfect scenario for an immediate rematch.
The fight was so excellent, and the result so debated.

Dana should drop all that "Conor Khabib 2 next!" Bullshit and jump on the chance to sign the best championship rematch possible at this point in time.

And if marketed right, it could do big numbers

The first immediate title fight rematch ever that i’m okay with

Jones by TKO, he will come out wrestling this time around

There should be a rematch considering the controversy.

I'm surprised the immediate rematch wasnt a guaranteed thing immediately after the decision ..
They have to see the health of the fighters. Reyes said he thought he had a broken nose,and had to get an MRI about his leg. Obviously you want to have the best circumstances for the rematch.

It's the perfect scenario for an immediate rematch.
The fight was so excellent, and the result so debated.

Dana should drop all that "Conor Khabib 2 next!" Bullshit and jump on the chance to sign the best championship rematch possible at this point in time.

And if marketed right, it could do big numbers

Agreed. Jones sleeps him this time around.

That is why Jon is my favorite fighter of all time. He embraces the toughest challenges and evades them not. He has huge balls.

Ban acct bet anyone?hmm

That is why Jon is my favorite fighter of all time. He embraces the toughest challenges and evades them not. He has huge balls.
Pretty sure he did not fight HW champchamp DC,playboy

Pretty sure he did not fight HW champchamp DC,playboy
They already fought at heavyweight. DC was 240 pounds in fight night when he fought Jones. Noobies dont know that fighters cut weight and gain it back.

They already fought at heavyweight. DC was 240 pounds in fight night when he fought Jones. Noobies dont know that fighters cut weight and gain it back.
Its not the same as normal HW DC and you know it.

Jon comes into the rematch pulsing from those picograms like no tomorrow.

I think Reyes is in trouble in the rematch. The biggest plus for him in the first fight was having no hesitation early and trying to blitz Jones. But this time around he will surely be worried about gassing in rd 4 and 5 that he may hold back more early in the fight. This will allow Jones to sit back and pick is shots like he's done so many times before

Its not the same as normal HW DC and you know it.
You are right. LHW DC is faster and more technical. 236 LHW Cormier > 248 HW Cormier. He does not even train hard for his HW fights.

Retrial: Reyes convicted of losing on all 5 rounds.

Last edited:
You are right. LHW DC is faster and more technical. 236 LHW Cormier > 248 HW Cormier. He does not even train hard for his HW fights.

oh? so how come Jones didnt move up to take HW title if your fictional take on the situation was true?

"I’m a realist,” Jones said. “Daniel Cormier is a special athlete and anyone can be beat. I think my greatest chance of losing would be to a guy like Daniel Cormier. We’d be giving him a power and strength advantage over me; it just doesn’t make sense.Right now, I make light heavyweight very easily, and it would just make no sense to fight a guy who, I think, technically (is) on your level and to give him a size advantage. I’m not doing it. I’m sure my fans don’t like to hear me talk like that, but that’s just me being a realist – and being respectful of Daniel’s abilities.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/05/jon-jones-will-not-fight-daniel-cormier-at-heavyweight

I mean, both the Cody TJ and Joanna Rose rematches were so disastrous for JJ and Cody. I get that they both wanted the instant rematch but they were definitive results that almost suggested TJ/Rose needed to win twice to be the new world champs.
Most other instant rematches aren't much better

But this is the perfect case for the immediate rematch. Dom is the real deal, and Jon has one of the most indomitable wills ever seen in a cagefighter.
Part 2, July in Vegas on the Usman Masvidal card

Back