• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Just wondering why Izzy so confident that he can defeat the polish power?

I agree with this.
Adesanya appears to be the more technically sounded striker between the two. But Jan is a very good sized LHW and have been taking heavier shots from LHW.

This reminds me of Holloway Vs Poirier somewhat.

That said, it's punches a fighter don't see that knocks them out. I'm not counting Adesanya out.

Edit:
Humble Opinion, Jan takes this via TKO. Izzy needs a perfect game to win.
izzy should win but imo he gets rocked a little early. There are several up n coming LHW tho that imo give Izzy more trouble.

Because Izzy has been spending time in Hyperbolic Time Chamber

RawGoodHorse-max-1mb.gif

I’m on the ropes(I know this fight is going to end with a KO/TKO) on this and I know Izzy is a more skilled striker than his foe but Jan is extremely dangerous also, so why is Izzy so sure he can beat the LHW champ?

I agree with you, seems like a shocking match up in general, legit LHW with the power to go with it and he's not a big draw yet. I feel like Izzy sees something that makes him think it will be an easy fight.

The current bellator 205 champ whips both their asses.

Gastelum messed up his Face and gave him his hardest fight to date, and Romero turned him into a Point Fighter after the first exchange, as someone who also favors Izzy to win, this couldn't be farther from the truth. He's looked far from invincible, and while he's had some amazing performances, his Striking Defense is still very much in question when it comes to this Match up. His speed, and reaction time are going to be the determining factor on whether not he gets slept. Izzy has to be perfect until he gets the TKO through volume and precise shot selection, Jan just needs to perfect when he lands.

Izzy is sort of the rightful favorite in my opinion but Jan can ABSOLUTELY knock him the fuck out.

he's pretty much looked better and better every time he fights, remembering he hasn't been in MMA his whole career like others. Jan needs to impose his power but izzy is kinda elusive like prime machida

Just have a horrible feelin Izzy is goin to get caught and slept

Imo he's in for a big surprise in his step up in power. Izzys moving up 20 lbs n he wasn't ever a big MW to start with. I guess he feels if he beat Romero n Costa with their power Jan will be easy.
Also have to factor in Romero chose to stay in MW and not fight in LHW in UFC even after missing weight multiple times and losing the championship fights, he could've easily moved up in weight and be a title challenger. Yoel's power changed Adesanya's whole fight strategy in their fight. Now imagine LHW power that Romero didn't want to compete against.

He trained with bigger guys like Rumble so i don't think he's intimidated about size tbh.

The posts isn't about him being intimidated. He obviously isn't that's why he's fighting up in weight. I try to focus more on the people not understanding the power difference in weight classes, it does make a big difference. Adesanya has the skills to win, but that power can also shut him off. I'm sure he knows that, he's trained with bigger fighters and understands the power difference. So his gameplan and fighting strategy will represent that fact.

It's the fans that think Jan's power isn't an issue. Most fighters won't fight in a division they have no prior experience in. Most fighters that fight up in weight is because they have experience fighting fighters that size already. Either in training, sparring, street fights, etc. So they know they can physically compete vs fighters that size and weight.

Because Izzy has beaten up a lot of bigger/taller fighters (in striking). And Jan is not exactly some high level wrestler. It's basically going to be a striking match mostly.

Here's a clip of a younger Adesanya barely in his MMA career putting a striking clinic on 205 Rumble Johnson

I responded to another post that posted this sparring session, but yes this is the reason Adesanya is willing to fight bigger fighters. He has experience fighting bigger fighters in training/sparring and prior kickboxing fights. But the power difference between the kickboxers he fought vs LHW Jan is going to be a big difference. Peira that KO Adesanya is a MW in Glory and the heavier fighters he fought in kickboxing were lower level competition so it isn't comparable to UFC fighters especially a LHW UFC Champion. He has ways to win, but also has ways to lose. It's his fans dismissing Jan's power as a threat. I'm sure Adensanya isn't dismissing it like his fans are, especially since he has been KO before.

Blachowicz is also a black belt in bjj and has as many if not more submissions than knockouts to his name.
Trying to paint him as a one trick pony is very disingenuous.
That being said, he has a very practical, to the point style of fighting which makes people wonder how does he keep winning.

I think Adesanya has a good shot of styling on him, but I don't see him as a favorite in this fight unless gyno is super pumped up.

I agree with you, seems like a shocking match up in general, legit LHW with the power to go with it and he's not a big draw yet. I feel like Izzy sees something that makes him think it will be an easy fight.
He thinks Jan is too slow to catch him. Which could be true, but the smaller cage will benefit Jan and not Adesanya. We'll see if Jan did anything to improve his speed/movement//footwork.

He has won fights vs high level kickboxers that have big power. Success breeds confidence.
His high level kickboxing fights were in Glory, the others weren't high level. But his confidence is up from his win streak in UFC. He has no reason to not be confident right now.

Izzy IS the better fighter skill wise and strategically, but I’m not sure Jan will wilt to his strikes. Over the fight I’m not sure if his offense will actually be effective.

I’ll never bet against Izzy, but this fight gives me Silva vs Weidman 1 vibes.

it’s kind of like Ngannou vs Stipe, what adjustments can he make when it doesn’t work....

but again, every time I’ve doubted Izzy he proved me wrong and made it look easy...

Last edited:
imo his speed,accuracy, and resume give him the right
Speed alone IMO. He seems much quicker than everyone he has faced. Romero was best but that turned into a stinker.
Jan is up shit creek without a paddle.

Confidence is the foundation of victory.

Jarl

He must have seen something that will help him

Back